Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Better achievement - winning Championship or top ten PL finish?

I think the point is that winning the championship requires a consistency across the entire season and being there to be shot at, whilst operating on a limited budget, whereas finishing 10th could just be the result of a late surge a season long effort or throwing the Premiership millions at the team...

... maybe...

Saying all that it is still clearly finishing in the top 10 in the prem.

If it was 17th in the prem vs top of the Champ, then it would be a closer debate.

Considering some thought that winning the tier 3 league was a massive achievement, after all  it made the front cover of 'of fossils and foxes' when it was our lowest finish in history I can believe anything.

Winning any League Championship at any level is a brilliant achievement, but finishing top ten in the top flight is also a great achievement. It's quite difficult to make a comparison but finishing in the top ten consistently (not just once) somewhat cements the club as a "Premier League club" nowadays.

Considering some thought that winning the tier 3 league was a massive achievement, after all  it made the front cover of 'of fossils and foxes' when it was our lowest finish in history I can believe anything.

By the way I was taking the piss.

I can see the where the OP is coming from because finishing 8th and 9th regularly isn't exactly exhilarating but if were to finish in those positions this season it would be great.

Thanks mate, that's exactly what I was getting at. We could finish top ten by having a fluke season, being strong at home and still having lost a lot more than we win. Finishing in the top 50 per cent of Prem isn't clear cut that much better as you are all making out than absolutely owning the league below, breaking our own records, and beating all teams that are out to knock us off our perch...... I'll still be prouder of our efforts last season even if we do somehow pull it out the bag this year

Top ten. This isn't the same as comparing survival to the FA Cup - but both of these are league finishes and one is simply higher than the other.

Not that you actually get anything for finishing in the top ten.

Still irritates me to this day that we were robbed of a promotion day.

Archived