Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

LCFC Ratings : October Awards & Player of the Month

Mahrez Provides a Positive in Winless October

lcfcratings.wordpress.com

In a month where City only picked up one point out of a possible nine, positives are always going to be hard to come by. The performances of Riyad Mahrez were voted to be superior his teammates, and as a result he picks up the LCFC Ratings award for October's Player of the Month. Even those who played in all three games could not match Mahrez who sat out the Newcastle game due to arriving home late from international duty with Algeria. Wes Morgan delivered the second best set of performances as he continues to be voted one of City's highest performers. Jamie Vardy rounded off the top three despite not coming close to the heights that were hit during the Manchester United victory in September.

The United win seems a long time ago after a run of poor displays sees most of this month's awards going to the "least worst" rather than the best. Only 30% of the ratings given to players this month were over the average mark of 5.5 with five individual performances rated 4 or below. Only four performances made it above the 6 mark, with the display by Riyad Mahrez against Burnley comfortably voted the best during October. Unsurprisingly the Burnley draw saw the best team and managerial performance, as well as the most favourable change in supporter confidence for manager Nigel Pearson. However after a sharp fall following the Newcastle defeat and a small drop after Swansea, Pearson ended the month with his lowest confidence percentage of the season so far at 84%.

Elsewhere Swansea City were voted the best opposition the Foxes faced by some distance, with Newcastle faring the worst despite their 1-0 win at St. James' Park. The Swansea defeat also saw the best refereeing performance from Mike Jones, with Martin Atkinson's performance at Newcastle the worst despite a reasonably average rating. October also sees the first monthly "Best Eleven" (to be taken light-heartedly!), which is chosen from the average rating of anyone who played without taking into account the minutes on the pitch.

With four games in November, hopefully there will be more positive performances to reflect on this time next month. Thanks to all who voted during October!

Player of the Month : Riyad Mahrez

1. Riyad Mahrez : 5.99
  2. Wes Morgan : 5.53
  3. Jamie Vardy : 5.34

Man of the Match Awards

• Burnley (H) : Riyad Mahrez
  • Newcastle United (A) : Wes Morgan
  • Swansea City (A) : Riyad Mahrez

Individual Performance of the Month : Riyad Mahrez v Burnley (H)

1. Riyad Mahrez v Burnley (H) : 7.10
  2. Jeff Schlupp v Burnley (H) : 6.16
  3. Wes Morgan v Newcastle United (A) : 6.03

Team Performance of the Month : Burnley (H)

1. Leicester City 2-2 Burnley : 5.62
  2. Newcastle United 1-0 Leicester City : 5.08
  3. Swansea City 2-0 Leicester City : 4.13

Managerial Performance of the Month : Burnley (H)

1. Leicester City 2-2 Burnley : 5.17
  2. Newcastle United 1-0 Leicester City : 4.16
  3. Swansea City 2-0 Leicester City : 3.19

Opposition Performance of the Month : Swansea City

1. Swansea City : 6.56
  2. Burnley : 5.52
  3. Newcastle United : 4.71

Referee of the Month : Mike Jones v Swansea City

1. Mike Jones v Swansea City : 6.56
  2. Phil Dowd v Burnley : 5.76
  3. Martin Atkinson v Newcastle United : 5.34

Manager Approval : (-8.45%) 92.26% to 83.81%

• (+4.23%) Burnley (H) : 96.49%
  • (-10.39%) Newcastle United (A) : 86.10%
  • (-2.29%) Swansea City (A) : 83.81%

Best Eleven of the Month :

301014151746.png

What a condemnation those ratings are.

After an exciting start we're reduced to a whole month of football where only one player rates an average avove 5.6.

That's not getting the best out of people. 

Even worse for a team supposedly having a go - only one attacker approached a 6-rating.

I'll sure be interested to see next month's figures.

What a condemnation those ratings are.

After an exciting start we're reduced to a whole month of football where only one player rates an average avove 5.6.

That's not getting the best out of people. 

Even worse for a team supposedly having a go - only one attacker approached a 6-rating.

I'll sure be interested to see next month's figures.

I'll sure be interested to see next month's figures but I will certainly need you to help me out as I am not very good at interpreting things even after sound exegesis by the OP.

We are all doomed!! Doomed I say. Miserable get!  :thumbup:

I bet Riyad's buzzing! 5.99 for player of the month lol

On the plus side, it can only improve next month. Either due to lower expectations or a higher level of performance.

Edited to say, nice work on this. I find the stats interesting and a decent amount of effort must go into putting it all together.

can't believe cambiasso gets such a high rating all the time

Guessing there is a level of sarcasm in this but just in case (and for those who do genuinely believe it), I think his honeymoon period is over. His ratings so far:

Stoke (A) - 8.20

Man Utd (H) - 8.59

Palace (A) - 5.70

Newcastle (A) - 4.91

Swansea (A) - 4.29

Archived