Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2015 in Music

The best band you've never heard of, Real Lies are releasing the album of the year tomorrow if anyone wants to know

Stream it here if you wanna - off Soundcloud http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2015/oct/12/real-lies-real-life-exclusive-album-stream-and-track-by-track?CMP=twt_a-music_b-gdnmusic

Or wait until tomorrow and go on Spotify and that

I think it's ****ing absurd - One Club Town, Blackmarket Blues and Seven Sisters are absolutely fantastic

Eh, it's the same old shite - poseur deathcore-lite for teenagers who like the idea of being metal but don't like the music.

I was wondering why I liked it, now I know it's because it's poseur deathcore-lite for teenagers who like the idea of being metal but don't like the music.

It's got some pretty decent catchy tracks, quite like it. Some good sing-along choruses. Far different to the first album where it just sounded like a loop of Rebecca Loos wonking off a pog, backed up with some pretty heavy guitarings.

Eh, it's the same old shite - poseur deathcore-lite for teenagers who like the idea of being metal but don't like the music.

read this at least five times and haven't got a clue what it means

I don't like Bring Me The Horizon at all but if I were STan or filbertway I'd take exception at having my taste disputed by someone who often describes what sounds like the worst possible music ever recorded. Example:

"The new Rodent Divorce album is just terrific, who'd have thought Kosovan melodic deathcore fused with bag pipes could be so engaging?"

read this at least five times and haven't got a clue what it means

Basically, they're quite shit - it all sounds like teenagers trying to be "brütal" (umlauts are of course the most metal of all the phonetic symbols) by just screaming like a castrated kid. As a general rule, if it's forced screams or can accurately be appended by -core, it's utter dirge. 

Done the right way bagpipes can really bring something together - Eluvites call of the mountain is a great example of how harps, bagpipes and hurdy-gurdys can work in a metal context. 

Fairly sure melodic deathcore is an oxymoron though. 

Anyway, Innuendo by Amberian Dawn is top draw.

Basically, they're quite shit - it all sounds like teenagers trying to be "brütal" (umlauts are of course the most metal of all the phonetic symbols) by just screaming like a castrated kid. As a general rule, if it's forced screams or can accurately be appended by -core, it's utter dirge. 

okay let's all stop listening to it then.

Archived