Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Curt68

Car parking and pubs - wba fan

Hello,

I have also posted on introduction because I have to do that before starting a topic.

I'm an Albion fan and came over to this board from wba mad. I wanted to ask about parking and good away pubs for Saturday. I have never been to the new ground and would be delighted if you were to inform me.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. Both teams are looking at it thinking they can win. Good luck

Curt

Hello,

I have also posted on introduction because I have to do that before starting a topic.

I'm an Albion fan and came over to this board from wba mad. I wanted to ask about parking and good away pubs for Saturday. I have never been to the new ground and would be delighted if you were to inform me.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. Both teams are looking at it thinking they can win. Good luck

Curt

The hind opposite the train station is a good one for the away fans. Most places are pretty welcoming anyway as far as I'm aware.

Bit of a long shot this but I don't suppose you know anyone with a spare ticket in the away end for Saturdays game? A good mate of mine was a STH for a while at WBA but was unable to get one this time round and I'm hoping we can both be there on Saturday!

do u really need to waste a post asking this question mate just wonderin

For a start, the irony lol

Secondly, clearly it's a genuine question. Some pubs serve piss but there might be a good atmosphere. Others serve decent booze but might be quieter.

Preferences.

Hello,

Curt

Does that mean you've been to the old ground if so as it's just a few hundred yards away there's not a lot of difference. Although it depends when you last went there.

There's not much street parking these days but there's quite a few expensive private parking place either way if you want something decent you need to get there early.

The Counting House near the Morrison's supermarket is ok for away fans but if you're not blatantly wearing your colours then there's the Local Hero but I guess it depends where you end up parking.

The hind opposite the train station is a good one for the away fans. Most places are pretty welcoming anyway as far as I'm aware.

Bit of a long shot this but I don't suppose you know anyone with a spare ticket in the away end for Saturdays game? A good mate of mine was a STH for a while at WBA but was unable to get one this time round and I'm hoping we can both be there on Saturday!

Hello mate, cheers for the reply.

Does he have twitter? If so, he should contact pat frost. Twitter name @kitmanpat. He had loads of spare tickets for the cup game midweek and I believe he had a few for Saturday. No idea if they are gone or not but he could tweet pat and hope for a reply. Another longshot I know

I will also post on wba mad for you asking about spare ticket :)

Hello mate, cheers for the reply.

Does he have twitter? If so, he should contact pat frost. Twitter name @kitmanpat. He had loads of spare tickets for the cup game midweek and I believe he had a few for Saturday. No idea if they are gone or not but he could tweet pat and hope for a reply. Another longshot I know

I will also post on wba mad for you asking about spare ticket :)

Thank you, I appreciate that! Let's hope the best team wins on Saturday (us). ;)

Leicester Sports Centre on Freemans Common mate,600 yards from ground and loads of parking in all the industrial units around it £4.My mate is bringing a few WBA fans in who are mates of his.

Think you'll find the crafty buggars put it up to a fiver when we got promoted!

Hello,

Curt

If you can get a parking space on Welford Road (approx half mile away from ground and easy to find from there), the New In and The Donkey are on the main road or the Dry Dock on the walk don to the ground. I shall be going down with my sone and a mate who's a Baggies season ticket holder (and hopefully to your place for the return). After today, all the best for the rest of the season.

Archived