Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Heskey Returns to Leicester City

That took a long time to come up, I couldn't be bothered to post it myself. Too much hassle on this phone.

I wonder if Emile will be the one that takes over Birch's charity runs when he finally packs it in.

Emile doesn't have the 'gift of the gab' like Birch but he could well do his running (after all, he spent most of his career doing someone else's running!)

Should have re-signed him 2 years a go, but we chose Marko Futacs instead. The squad that season was crying out for experience and he couldn't have been any worse on the pitch than Futacs.

He could've even signed a few years earlier than that.

At age 36, his best days are way past him. But I'm sure he'll get a decent job at the club and may even work as a coach - who knows?

I think he'd deserve that position based on sheer experience. And the "local lad" tag will work well in terms of marketing.

He's certainly not the best source to ask for advice when it comes to how to score goals, though. Our strikers need to look somewhere else. :P

He's certainly not the best source to ask for advice when it comes to how to score goals, though. Our strikers need to look somewhere else. :P

Can't do any worse than Kevin Phillips.

Does he really qualify as a "Leicester City Legend"?

Leicester born and bred, played in some of our most successful premiership seasons, cup winner x 2 and capped for england but most importantly prepared to donate a large amount of money and form part of the consortium to bail us out of administration! I'd say he was a legend!

Leicester born and bred, played in some of our most successful premiership seasons, cup winner x 2 and capped for england but most importantly prepared to donate a large amount of money and form part of the consortium to bail us out of administration! I'd say he was a legend!

I battled it through 50 miles of snow to make it to that Middlesbrough night match! Am I a legend? :whistle:

Does he really qualify as a "Leicester City Legend"?

Yes, both on and off the pitch.

Don't be fooled by the crap thrown his way in his later career, he was effective, exciting to watch and a big part of an impressive team.

Loved Heskey. My favourite goal of his was when he lay injured against Arsenal at Filbo. He received medical treatment then trotting back on, couple of touches then fired one past Seaman into the bottom corner of the net with his left foot. Was a beauty!

Loved Heskey. My favourite goal of his was when he lay injured against Arsenal at Filbo. He received medical treatment then trotting back on, couple of touches then fired one past Seaman into the bottom corner of the net with his left foot. Was a beauty!

Superb goal, he ran Arsenal ragged that day.

Yes, both on and off the pitch.

Don't be fooled by the crap thrown his way in his later career, he was effective, exciting to watch and a big part of an impressive team.

I never actually got to see him play for Leicester, definitely missed out on some good times!

Was absolutely brilliant for us strong powerful and a great hold up player. Capped 66 times for his country Michael Owen said he was the best strike partner to have. Scored over 100 goals at premier league level. Got criticised unfairly by moronic fans and pundits later in his career who didn't realyy know or appreciate, anything he could bring to a team.

Packed up playing I guess.

It would have been sad to see him playing for lower league clubs, failing to score.

For the most part, he's been failing to score in the A league for the last two years.

His media skills are pretty good. He's been a likeable, laid back, engaging pundit whenever he's appeared on football shows down here.

Archived