Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Very easily actually! Obviously I'm not privy to all the facts as you probably are. I do apologise for my stupidity and I only wish one day I can become an intelligent human being full of factual knowledge to share with fellow humans without being criticised for doing so!

Suits pearson and club to have this conversation rumbling on and on and on as it deflects from the real issues of the day .....................like WHY ARE WE SO CRAP

Stringers profile rises and I'd suggest listening figures haven't suffered too much , may have actually gone up

It's juvenile all this but being used by both sides to maximum benifit

Wow, a bunch of grown men getting their little girl knickers in a knot. YEs, you are all a little pissed at each other, things were said and done in the playground but playtime is over, your back in class and its time to start DOING YOUR JOB - both of you.

Stringer - the gesture was stupid and appalling and if you havent already, you should front up to Pearson and apologise, face to face, admit your stupidity and the error of your ways.

Pearson - You have made your point, now be the bigger (wolf kiling) man and start talking. or, allow Stringer in to the interviews and ASK HIM about the gesture! Either way, start talking to the local radio and therefore to me.

Players - you have also made your point, time to move on, you need the support of the fans and we need to hear from you.

BBC Leics - If Stringer has made the gesture, he should be reprimanded and shown that behavior of that type is unacceptable, a suspension might be in order (which might also go some way to demonstrating to the club that action has been taken.) and public acknowledgement of corrective action.

this has been going on for months... GROW THE FVCK UP AND SORT IT OUT!

Bang on but it would have been a lot easier to sort out if RL had been sending Bourne or McCarthy to do the interviews, they've both done them before so there's no reason they couldn't do them again. For whatever stupid reason, RL chose not to do that and in doing so have allowed all parties to become entrenched in their views resulting in stalemate.

Geoff is right, if they send Bourne or McCarthy, the Stringer stuff will fade away allowing a simple apology from Stringer to be accepted but he needs to look at his interview technique or something similar will happen again.

Wow, a bunch of grown men getting their little girl knickers in a knot. YEs, you are all a little pissed at each other, things were said and done in the playground but playtime is over, your back in class and its time to start DOING YOUR JOB - both of you.

Stringer - the gesture was stupid and appalling and if you havent already, you should front up to Pearson and apologise, face to face, admit your stupidity and the error of your ways.

Pearson - You have made your point, now be the bigger (wolf kiling) man and start talking. or, allow Stringer in to the interviews and ASK HIM about the gesture! Either way, start talking to the local radio and therefore to me.

Players - you have also made your point, time to move on, you need the support of the fans and we need to hear from you.

BBC Leics - If Stringer has made the gesture, he should be reprimanded and shown that behavior of that type is unacceptable, a suspension might be in order (which might also go some way to demonstrating to the club that action has been taken.) and public acknowledgement of corrective action.

Yep. Grown men absolutely. Stop being childish and move on.

Suits pearson and club to have this conversation rumbling on and on and on as it deflects from the real issues of the day .....................like WHY ARE WE SO CRAP

Stringers profile rises and I'd suggest listening figures haven't suffered too much , may have actually gone up

Cynical but also possibly true

It's good that finally after all these years City fans are gathering round to try and remove this bloke, hes an absolute tit and the way he carries on like a little girl on the radio is horrid. Real men prefer Neville Foulger. Only in Modern Football could Stringer get a job,

Can you imagine how someone like Brian Clough would have treated this bloke? He's have spent the last three seasons on the sick with depression crying like a little girl.

#AMF #stringerout

#realmenprefernevillefoulger

ive just patented this tagline in preparation for the release of my new after shave, "Neville Foulger".

Geoff, were you in the room the other week when Rob Dorsett was making jokes about the manager before he entered the room?

No.

Mind you LCFC communication department are about as deep thinking and organised as basil Fawlty

As it happens, the LCFC media set up is very good and they're one of the best around.

Maybe, but all I hear is how people have tuned-out & given up on them, this carry-on just highlights Stringer's shortcoming in his position funded by BBC Tax

I have recently grown very disenchanted with Radio Leicester's LCFC coverage. I will just say that I think Matt E is great and talks a lot of sense in case he recognises me from my posts :-)

Firstly, it is Stringer's immature interviewing and his failure to take a step back and listen to feedback or review his own approach favouring self denial and carrying an almost god like swagger such that nobody should question his position and the way he goes about things. In fact why ask Matt for a man of the match for example when you have done your best to tell him who to say!

secondly, it's the way that Bourn(e?) and Stringer insist in allowing their personal opinions to become known on a medium that prides itself on being objective and just a mechanism for debate.

It should not be clear how they feel about any matter up for discussion. If they slip, they are human but must show respect for people who differ in opinion.

We are human, and we forgive the odd slip to one side of the fence, but the manner in which Bourn(e?) verbally abused a caller last week for having an opinion contrary to his and even suggested ferociously to said fan that to hold such an opinion must mean he wants his club to get relegated was incredibly poor journalism and a very childish reaction towards someone who he couldn't convert to his view of things. The caller wasn't taking an unreasonable position, just backing the manager in a reasonably animated yet considered manner and for me backing up his opinion with well reasoned examples.

To revert to the OP question, I do feel RL have crossed the line of late (to an extent goal line technology would not be required as they have burst the net). It does seem at times that they are abusing their position to add pressure to the current management team. This, in itself a hypocrisy as they clearly support LCFC yet exaggerate every failing which in itself adds pressure to the Manager and players and this can arguably only impact results negatively. It certainly has no positive impact. 

I've taken the chance recently to listen live and watch games and the commentary is largely an inaccurate portrayal of the game. There is a tendency to talk about everything unrelated to the game whilst we have possession and then build tension and over emphasize danger when out of possession. This leads the listener to believe it is all one way traffic and we must be playing badly when although not totally untrue, is not a totally or even reasonably accurate portrayal of the game

Finally, I have send numerous texts (over 10 in the last few weeks expressing my opinion that they are not representing my view and that I disagree with the way they are treating some callers etc and to this day, not one has been read out. This, in contrast to general non controversial texts which do get read out.

To coin a phrase from Faulty Towers and to no way undermine the horrors faced by many at the time but "This is how Nazi Germany started!"  :(

I loved Matt Elliott as a player, but pundit, no! He just sits on the fence far too much. Sometimes when you're frustrated, you just want someone to say the obvious truth, and he doesn't do that, probably because of his ongoing involvement at the club.

It doesn't matter who you interview in the football world, being tactful is a good thing. It's not Paxman on Newsnight or Dimbleby on Question Time - there are ways and means of getting good answers. Being in your face with managers won't get you far.

there speaks the voice of experience, your blog is very tactful.

Only problem with this is that you say pearson needs to grow up and talk to the local radio station.

He's happy to talk to the local radio station. He doesnt mind doing so. He's willing to. Anyone but stringer.

So you have to ask the question.. considering the fact that other clubs in the east midlands send presenters instead of match commentators to do the post match interview and considering the fact pearson is willing to speak to practically anyone else at the radio station other than Stringer...

Why do the radio station continue to refuse to send a presenter or anyone else for that matter to do the post match interview .

It's a very simple fix.

Only problem with this is that you say pearson needs to grow up and talk to the local radio station.

He's happy to talk to the local radio station. He doesnt mind doing so. He's willing to. Anyone but stringer.

So you have to ask the question.. considering the fact that other clubs in the east midlands send presenters instead of match commentators to do the post match interview and considering the fact pearson is willing to speak to practically anyone else at the radio station other than Stringer...

Why do the radio station continue to refuse to send a presenter or anyone else for that matter to do the post match interview .

It's a very simple fix.

That may be the case with other media outlets using different commentators/reporters, and whether Stringer is who should be doing the interviews (or even commentating for that matter) is certainly a topic for discussion. But I support the BBC in not allowing the club to dictate to them.

From what i understand of this situation, Pearson has a right to be very very annoyed with Stringer, but, what if the Pearson, or the next manager, just doesn't like the next interviewer, should he be able to tell the BBC who to send (or who not to send)?

Both sides are behaving like children, but i side with the BBC to not be dictated to (as long as Stringer is man enough to apologise, and Pearson is man enough to accept)

Archived