Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Stringers excellent at his job,have you heard local radio at away games,there usually terrible,and makes you hear how good he is at his job,

I know a previous commenter from radio leicester,

When I asked him whats stringer like,he replied 'one of the most professional and passionate people he's ever worked with'.

Not a problem Ian.

Sorry Russel.

Sadly Stringer is both. He asks awkward questions but in a 'please don't kill me Nigel' way. Leaving us with a pissed off Nigel but without actually getting the answers.

Has he categorically asked him 'why have we decided to go so negative all of a sudden'? That's the main question we want answering.

Pearson wouldn't answer that, because I doubt he'd view us playing that way.

No manager ever admits they are negative.

There is a reason most people don't ask his sort of questions.

Exactly, because it is unprofessional. He see's himself as the fan's representative, where as he should see himself as a news reporter. I'm also not that sure he is that knowledgeable about football in general with some of his comments. There is no doubt, however he is passionate which counts for something I guess. 

There's a way to handle Pearson. (snip) We know Nigel isn't always the easiest to get answers from so you have to be tactful in interviews.

NP doesn't "hate" doing interviews, as is often touted. He just gets easily irritated by lazy interviewers / poor questions.

One thing I have learned after many years is that it's often how you structure questions that can get the best reward. You can ask a good question in a very hamfisted (and/or aggressive) way that will easily get someone's back up.

There is a skill to it and the best interviewers learn how to adapt their line of questioning, depending on the interviewee and/or the situation.

NP doesn't desperately like interviewers who throw in their own views or hide behind views of fans.

I've asked managers the right questions in the wrong way before but it's something you learn as you develop through your career.

NP doesn't "hate" doing interviews, as is often touted. He just gets easily irritated by lazy interviewers / poor questions.

One thing I have learned after many years is that it's often how you structure questions that can get the best reward. You can ask a good question in a very hamfisted (and/or aggressive) way that will easily get someone's back up.

There is a skill to it and the best interviewers learn how to adapt their line of questioning, depending on the interviewee and/or the situation.

NP doesn't desperately like interviewers who throw in their own views or hide behind views of fans.

I've asked managers the right questions in the wrong way before but it's something you learn as you develop through your career.

Thanks for the insight Nige!! :thumbup:   How does it feel talking third person????

NP's and Stringers season highlight to date is the Manager leading us to the victory against Man U and Stringers call of Vardy's goal in the same game. Sadly to date that's all we have and the way we are tracking at the moment that should ensure the shortest highlights reel in PL history save for Derby's miserable last PL season!

Don't really mind Stringer talking, interviews etc, he's just a poor commentator. The times I've heard him say things along the lines of 'well look at player x's new haircut, he's gone for a style I'm not sure abo... WHAT A GOAL.' Does my head in, and he's always more interested in getting the perfect soundbite than doing his job.

Don't really mind Stringer talking, interviews etc, he's just a poor commentator. The times I've heard him say things along the lines of 'well look at player x's new haircut, he's gone for a style I'm not sure abo... WHAT A GOAL.' Does my head in, and he's always more interested in getting the perfect soundbite than doing his job.

Pretty much agree, i do like his passion and Leicester bias.

But for as long as hes been doing it, ive been complaining that he doest actually CALL THE FVCKING GAME!. This is even more evident now that i can watch the stream every week and listen to him. He doesnt seem to recognise that he is calling for the radio, effectively we are all blind and its his job to tell us whats happening, where and how.

Instead, he tells us... the ball leaves Kaspers hands... drifts into  a banal story about the trip up... then tells me im on 104.9 ............then shouts (2 seconds after it happens) that King is on goal with one man to beat.

In reality, the ball has gone from Kasper to RDL, hes squared it to Cambiasso across the middle of the park, he pushed it wide left to Schlupp who has beaten a man on the halfway line, knocked it inside to Kingy who is 30 yards out has turned his man and is now on goal with one man to beat and Vardy free on the far right corner of the box....

Pretty much agree, i do like his passion and Leicester bias.

But for as long as hes been doing it, ive been complaining that he doest actually CALL THE FVCKING GAME!. This is even more evident now that i can watch the stream every week and listen to him. He doesnt seem to recognise that he is calling for the radio, effectively we are all blind and its his job to tell us whats happening, where and how.

Instead, he tells us... the ball leaves Kaspers hands... drifts into a banal story about the trip up... then tells me im on 104.9 ............then shouts (2 seconds after it happens) that King is on goal with one man to beat.

In reality, the ball has gone from Kasper to RDL, hes squared it to Cambiasso across the middle of the park, he pushed it wide left to Schlupp who has beaten a man on the halfway line, knocked it inside to Kingy who is 30 yards out has turned his man and is now on goal with one man to beat and Vardy free on the far right corner of the box....

THIS.

I tried it a couple of times when I was at the game and listened at the same time. It was worse when Young was there. They obviously had agendas against certain players and it was quite unprofessional.

To be honest though, he's still better than many we've had. Young was definitely a bad influence and since he's gone, it is slowly improving.

A few years back we use to get links that would give us the direct feed to the foxesplayer commentary. I had listened to the game and forgot to turn the audio stream off. Anyway, a few hours after the game stringer started blaring through my speakers talking with the studio about editing the interview for the breakfast show. He didn't know he was being broadcast and was acting really unprofessionally! He slated Pearson something wrotten saying things like "we'll be here until Monday trying to edit all of the 'erms' out of the interview.

It wasn't long after this IIRC that they had their super fallout. I've always wondered if it was related. Some other people must have heard this broadcast too.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many  who listen on Monday nights that   can not get to match days  because of ticket costs  or live out the area. The show  has a lot season ticket holders views, which the presenter like very much. :( There are Leicester City  all over the country :scarf:  who can only get game once year or not :(  because of the price tickets and travel cost and also for the local Leicester people who just have a radio or TV ie Match of the day.So Mr Stringer :chant:  make all foxes welcome :scarf:   young and old,  you might have change your staff in the office at the beeb. :trumpet:

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is this guy getting more and more infuriating to listen to. He constantly defends his stupid questions in interviews down to the fact that "it's his job". How is it his job to stir up pointless rumours (like the Heskey one) and constantly ask Pearson about his job security. Used to like the guy, getting to the point where I cannot stand him. 

Archived