Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Depends on the way you go about it, he tends to light the fuse and step back and let the fans do the lambasting.

I'm sure it's more to do with trying to get a juicy story and more callers etc, but he does seem a bit over eager sometimes.

I agree. He's very manipulative, makes very pointed questions like, "Is this the end for Nigel, what do you think" and then let's the moons' that ring up do his dirty work.

He's a creep of the highest order.

I agree. He's very manipulative, makes very pointed questions like, "Is this the end for Nigel, what do you think" and then let's the moons' that ring up do his dirty work.

He's a creep of the highest order.

Ha ha that sounds so stupid, the guy works in media ffs

Exactly what people in media do!!!  He is no different!!!

Nah, I don't agree .....

This is the Stringer recipe for the show.

Decide on story (let's say NP is facing the sack).

Make that point at every available opportunity during the game. 

After the game "call us with your view of the game, should NP get sacked?"

disabled "yeah Pearson should get sacked cos, cos errrr...... cos errrrr .... (well actually cos you said so and I haven't been to a game in 23 years)"

"Thanks for the call"

Later in the press room .... "Nigel we've had several leicester fans call and say that (hmmmmm I'm shitting myself now, better tone it down) possibly you could maybe have become under pressure with the board, obviously not my view Nigel, that of the ****** that call in of course, it's just my job to ask what they want me to"

Nah, I don't agree .....

disabled "yeah Pearson should get sacked cos, cos errrr...... cos errrrr .... (well actually cos you said so and I haven't been to a game in 23 years)"

"Thanks for the call"

Later in the press room .... "Nigel we've had several leicester fans call and say that (hmmmmm I'm shitting myself now, better tone it down) possibly you could maybe have become under pressure with the board, obviously not my view Nigel, that of the ****** that call in of course, it's just my job to ask what they want me to"

I'm no expert in this area, i usually ring sex lines and they seeam very reasonable, so maybe your right!!

I didn't like his Southampton comment. It was clearly not going to be the end and he knew it. Obvious case of him trying to stir things up to create a story at the expense of the club. You might say he's justified in doing that kind of thing because it's his job but that doesn't make me dislike him any less. He can be a less than helpful presence at times.

Ian Stringer is just like most local media staff,  just trying stretch the story out to fill his air time slots in radio.

BBC radio Leicester only have little tit bits of news and interviews and have to use it over the whole week unless city have a mid week match when they will have a few more interviews to put to air.

reporters in its proper form are meant to report fact, it's in the name. stringer is the antithesis of a reporter, he's a tawdry tabloid hack of the lowest calibre, desperate to peddle rumours and sensational stories he creates in his tiny little mind.

the most morally bankrupt, weasel like thing he does is try to be reasonable just so he can set it up for his personal attack. it goes something like this: remember we're talking about a mans job here, he has family to think of. then two minutes later, yes i think he's in danger, he's standing five yards away from me but I don't care.

that garbage about not giving an answer to "should he be sacked" at the end of the show was the ultimate insight into the half weasel, half man that he is. never shy to tell us that he's paid to give us his opinions, he refuses to answer the question "should he be sacked", leaving the listener to draw the only logical conclusion that he's hinting that he should be.

in steps an actual real human being, Matt Elliott, and finishes the show with "no he shouldn't be and no I don't think he will be".

key summary point: stringer is a goon.

Stringer is doing nothing wrong, it's not his fault that Nigel won't answer any questions properly, we're nothing short of a shambles at the moment and stringer is trying to get answers, I'd be doing the same thing if I was in his shoes. If Nigel is man enough to criticise other clubs only to be left red faced as they leap frog us in the table, then he can answer question directed at his job.

I'd love to sit him down and ask why he persists with shit like De Laet, and what really happened in the pre-season market.

Stringer is doing nothing wrong, it's not his fault that Nigel won't answer any questions properly, we're nothing short of a shambles at the moment and stringer is trying to get answers, I'd be doing the same thing if I was in his shoes. If Nigel is man enough to criticise other clubs only to be left red faced as they leap frog us in the table, then he can answer question directed at his job.

I'd love to sit him down and ask why he persists with shit like De Laet, and what really happened in the pre-season market.

wait, why do we need stringer, the club should just put out a statement every week detailing all the inner workings, what Robinson does, what our budget is, and nigel should explain every decision he makes. that should keep people happy.

Name me one example in the history of football where a reporter has asked questions like that and not been told to get the fvck out.

Football managers and players will forever have to keep their cards close to their chest and quite frankly, have to lie at times. It's the nature of the game and protecting themselves and more importantly their players will forever be an vital facet of football management. You can't use that as a criticism of NP.

reporters in its proper form are meant to report fact, it's in the name. stringer is the antithesis of a reporter, he's a tawdry tabloid hack of the lowest calibre, desperate to peddle rumours and sensational stories he creates in his tiny little mind.

the most morally bankrupt, weasel like thing he does is try to be reasonable just so he can set it up for his personal attack. it goes something like this: remember we're talking about a mans job here, he has family to think of. then two minutes later, yes i think he's in danger, he's standing five yards away from me but I don't care.

that garbage about not giving an answer to "should he be sacked" at the end of the show was the ultimate insight into the half weasel, half man that he is. never shy to tell us that he's paid to give us his opinions, he refuses to answer the question "should he be sacked", leaving the listener to draw the only logical conclusion that he's hinting that he should be.

in steps an actual real human being, Matt Elliott, and finishes the show with "no he shouldn't be and no I don't think he will be".

key summary point: stringer is a goon.

best post yet. Summed up absolutely perfectly.

Nah, I don't agree .....

"Thanks for the call"

Pretty much my assessment of how it works.

He's just like that little shit at school who used to go round telling different groups what they've said about each other, to stir up the commotion and then act all innocent when it kicks off.

Stringer starts all of the furore whenever things aren't going well. He's always the first one to start planting the seed of doubt about Nigel's future or whether the transfer policy in the summer was right. No self respecting football reporter is talking about whether Nigel's job is at risk. Ask Gary Neville or Jamie Carragher on MNF and they will say Leicester have been out of the Premiership for 10 years and this is the loyalty shown to the man who's lifted them from League 1?!? Whilst over in disabled central you've got Stringer acting like the pied piper trying to drum up the ****** to put pressure on the club. He's a shithouse in that when he interviews Nigel he comes out with the line "not my opinion Nigel just giving you the opinion of some of our listeners". Cretin.

I like Strings...

Good knowledge of the game, a fan and Breath of fresh air - has to fill air time with broadcaster's bull when necessary but that's his job. I for one love it when he rattles Pearson's cage. 

If you disagree, think back to RL commentators in the past and be careful what you wish for!  

Alan Young was way too close to the lcfc staff and players - and he found it difficult to criticise or be objective. Matt Elliot is better - but he is way too balanced (...word like "maybe" or "you may have a case"... but does he personally agree or disagree with it?) ... I want commentators to say controversial things we can shout at the radio about when driving home. Yeah Stringer does engineer protests so that he can ask Nigel questions... but I am unable to ask Nigel questions myself... I have to rely on stringer... and Nigel should remember that and answer him. He is a bit of a plonker - but he is our plonker.

Stringer pisses me off more and more as time goes on.

Elliott, from what I've heard of him, is a poor summariser. He has no strong opinions and seems to want to defend everyone. Surely even the most level headed City fan has been very critical of our displays and results in the last couple of months, even if it just stays in their own head.

Is he keeping it bottled up to be professional or is he simply just too neutral?

Stringer pisses me off more and more as time goes on.

Elliott, from what I've heard of him, is a poor summariser. He has no strong opinions and seems to want to defend everyone. Surely even the most level headed City fan has been very critical of our displays and results in the last couple of months, even if it just stays in their own head.

Is he keeping it bottled up to be professional or is he simply just too neutral?

I quite like his balance to be honest ... and I think he gives a reasonable level of insight ... He's much much better than I imagined he was going to be!!

Archived