Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

To think, a few short weeks ago there was some concern that Newcastle might sack Pardew and be interested in Nige.

The most amazing thing is I speak to a Newcastle fan regularly and it's almost like us and them have completely swapped. We're guilty of a lot of the things he slags Pardew off for tactically.

I think many are blaming the diamond (or whatever it is) too much. As restrictive though it clearly is, I think Pearson may well have not signed well in the summer. Our formation certainly doesn't help, but I suggest Pearson knows we could struggle playing any particular formation at present. I think the opposition has been underestimated and we are looking a weakish squad.

I think the personnel in the diamond is what makes it even worse though I've never been completely sold on it as a formation.

16/1 next to go, you should lump on then boo all the next game, get all your mates to boo too, could make a few quid.

I seriously don't think they're bad odds. It isn't inconceivable we lose our next two and it isn't inconceivable that the trigger will be pulled should he do so. Maybe I'm just cynical but there's more pressure now than there was in May 2013 in my opinion. I hope to be proven wrong.

David Moyes dithering this morning, has somebody talked to him? International break coming up.

Do the planets align or am I talking crap.

Not suggesting at all that he would come to us in fact I don't believe he would but a reliable source on twitter the other night was suggesting he had changed his mind re them?

I thought it was a done deal?

Tony Pulis would be a complete and utter short-termist appointment. I do think Pulis would keep us up but I don't think he's a long-term man. I think these owners genuinely want us to get into Europe one day, could you see Pulis doing that?

Tony Pulis would be a complete and utter short-termist appointment. I do think Pulis would keep us up but I don't think he's a long-term man. I think these owners genuinely want us to get into Europe one day, could you see Pulis doing that?

He did with Stoke through the FA Cup mind.

To be fair to Pulis, he was incredibly successful with limited resources at Stoke and then pulled Palace out of a nailed-on relegation.

Who knows what he would do with a bit of money and a decent side?

To be fair to Pulis, he was incredibly successful with limited resources at Stoke and then pulled Palace out of a nailed-on relegation.

Hang on a minute, Pulis had plenty of money at Stoke. 

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/stoke-city-have-spent-120m-more-than-arsenal-since-tony-pulis-too

Did well in his first 2 seasons on a negative in sales to be fair.

I've said this blindly without checking what league they were in! What an idiot.

He did with Stoke through the FA Cup mind.

True. Would warm to him big time if he took that seriously.

I won't argue what he did at either but I don't know about you, I want us to be better than Stoke. I respect what they've done but I'd rather aim for what Southampton have done. Admittedly we don't have their backing or money coming through the academy (well you never know..) but I couldn't have imagined Pulis pulling that off at Southampton.

Limited resources at Stoke is a myth. I used to think it myself but he didn't at all. He spent a lot more than I realised.

Int-er-es-ting.

Those figures are net spend though, and Arsenal isn’t a fair comparison because Arsenal end up selling all their players to Man City and Chelsea etc for billions.  A lot of clubs probably have a bigger net spend than Arsenal.

Unfair to judge Pulis' transfer dealings against Arsene Wenger and the lure of Arsenal.

That article is an example of manipulated and cherry-picked data.

Not saying you’re wrong though, just not convinced by the stats you’re using.

Int-er-es-ting.

Those figures are net spend though, and Arsenal isn’t a fair comparison because Arsenal end up selling all their players to Man City and Chelsea etc for billions.  A lot of clubs probably have a bigger net spend than Arsenal.

Unfair to judge Pulis' transfer dealings against Arsene Wenger and the lure of Arsenal.

That article is an example of manipulated and cherry-picked data.

Not saying you’re wrong though, just not convinced by the stats you’re using.

The net spend for Stoke is nearly £80 million under Pulis. £80 million more going out than brought in.

That is not limited resources for a club like Stoke.

The net spend for Stoke is nearly £80 million under Pulis. £80 million more going out than brought in.

That is not limited resources for a club like Stoke.

Yeah but unless we know what the net spend is for all other Premiership clubs, we can't tell if he's over-achieved or under-achieved.

All that article does is compare him against Arsenal during a period when Arsenal made huge gains in the transfer market by selling players like Ashley Cole, Samir Nasri etc.

How does he compare against Newcastle or Villa for example?

Just sayin'

Yeah but unless we know what the net spend is for all other Premiership clubs, we can't tell if he's over-achieved or under-achieved.

All that article does is compare him against Arsenal during a period when Arsenal made huge gains in the transfer market by selling players like Ashley Cole, Samir Nasri etc.

How does he compare against Newcastle or Villa for example?

Just sayin'

I'm not really bothered about the comparison with Arsenal, that's not really relevant, the article was the first I could find.

Stoke were finishing around sides like Norwich, Swansea, Wigan, Birmingham during Pulis' time. I'd suggest he did well against the regimes of those clubs.

He did a very good job at Stoke, I've never denied that. But he had good resources to work with and was allowed to spend a good amount of money for the size of the club and those around them in the table.

Why have the not added Burnley's £28.50p to that list

here you go:

This isn't net spent, but gives another slant and maybe shows Stoke and Pullis is a better  light?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19416223

Doesn't prove anything but an example of how stats can be manipulated to show different things.

Must be a right cowboy firm of accountants that come up with that list.

here you go:

This isn't net spent, but gives another slant and maybe shows Stoke and Pullis is a better  light?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19416223

Doesn't prove anything but an example of how stats can be manipulated to show different things.

If that is based on money spent during the Premier League seasons then Pulis, at the time, averaged a £21 million spend each year. If Pearson had the same amount, would you say that was limited resources for Leicester? 

Also, Pulis was spending good amounts when the TV revenue wasn't at this current level and FFP wasn't involved. Again, he did a good job at Stoke. He had financial support to do it. He wanted it at Palace and he'll probably want it here. With the current regulations, he might not be given the chance.

IF we go down, then and only then should we consider sacking pearson if we're not in the top 2 by NEXT christmas

This! I don't want to become that club again or ever. I want to be respected as having given our manager the chance. Let us as a club be the one that breaks this ridiculous and non-effective trend of sacking a manager as soon as the team has a few bad games! I want the stability. He got us here. I do not understand all of this at all. We had a bad run a couple of seasons ago when we nearly didn't make the playoffs and then it all came back around and we stormed the league. This is football and this happens to newly promoted teams fighting for survival - let the manager manage and don't throw the book at him as soon as people get scared. Hold your nerve. It was the same manager who turned it around then and built that team - how quickly people forget. Let him build a team again. I do not think that a change will help. It would be an awful decision. 

Archived