Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HarrogateMackem

A few questions

Hey, Basically im coming up for the game on Saturday and I have a few questions.

Firstly is there anywhere decent to get something to eat on the way from the station to the stadium?? preferably not a sit down place as im not sure how much time we re going to have. I have work before I get the train so wont have eaten all day so this is priority number one!!

Secondly can anyone tell me a decent place to grab a drink and watch the early kick off? On our forum they seem to think that the 'Counting House' is the place to go... also is there anywhere as away fans we should be avoiding!

Anyway lets hope for a good game and a good atmosphere. We have the full allocation  of 3200 ish, so should be able to make some noise and you guys have sold out too!

Cheers 

HarrogateMackem

Hey, Basically im coming up for the game on Saturday and I have a few questions.

Firstly is there anywhere decent to get something to eat on the way from the station to the stadium?? preferably not a sit down place as im not sure how much time we re going to have. I have work before I get the train so wont have eaten all day so this is priority number one!!

Secondly can anyone tell me a decent place to grab a drink and watch the early kick off? On our forum they seem to think that the 'Counting House' is the place to go... also is there anywhere as away fans we should be avoiding!

Anyway lets hope for a good game and a good atmosphere. We have the full allocation of 3200 ish, so should be able to make some noise and you guys have sold out too!

Cheers

HarrogateMackem

Yeah I'd recommend the Counting House for a drink before/after the game

Anyway lets hope for a good game and a good atmosphere. We have the full allocation of 3200 ish, so should be able to make some noise and you guys have sold out too!

Cheers

HarrogateMackem

There is about 45,000 Greggs in Leicester

i went to the counting house once and it was awful. didn't get looked at by anyone behind the bar let alone served in a solid hour, then some goon started kicking off about something pointless. they take away fans though and it's on the way so probably easiest to go to. 

dry dock is where i usually go pre game, rarely see an away fan but it's out the way if you're going from the station. there is a subway over the road from the station if you literally just need a quick scran before you start beering. 

bet there's not as many as in Sunderland though ;)

Cheers everyone for the help... one last one, pin badges. I collect one from every game I go too, im guessing someone will be selling them around the stadium right?

Yeah there's a guy with a little hut on the road that leads down to the away end

Yeah there's a guy with a little hut on the road that leads down to the away end

class

Well thank you for answering all my questions, as i said hope for a good game and for both of us too stay up this season. Although it was you lot who kicked off Newcastles season so I cant forgive you for that. 

bet there's not as many as in Sunderland though ;)

Cheers everyone for the help... one last one, pin badges. I collect one from every game I go too, im guessing someone will be selling them around the stadium right?

Forget the pin badges. Treat yourself to an exclusive half and half leicester vs man utd scarf. Near on 2 months later and there still selling them lol

Yep, New Road Inn or the Dry Dock should be alright. There is also a burger van situated outside the Dry Dock if you are in a real hurry! They are a bit of a diversion but not awful - turn left out of the station and up the hill. At the top of the hill cross Vicky Park and carry on Victoria Park Road until you hit the cross roads with Welford Road. New Road Inn is down and to your left (you can see it from the junction) and the Dry Dock is over the Cross Roads a little way. You are then less than 10 minutes walk from the ground. 

Forget the pin badges. Treat yourself to an exclusive half and half leicester vs man utd scarf. Near on 2 months later and there still selling them lol

half and half scarfs  :mad:

for the derby match a few years ago I saw one stall owner selling half Sunderland and half newcastle scarfs  :rolleyes: only saw one lad buy one, he ripped it in half in front of the stall owner and set fire to the Newcastle side before stamping on it  :D

half and half scarfs  :mad:

for the derby match a few years ago I saw one stall owner selling half Sunderland and half newcastle scarfs  :rolleyes: only saw one lad buy one, he ripped it in half in front of the stall owner and set fire to the Newcastle side before stamping on it  :D

Brilliant. Half and Half scarves on Full kit wankers are the best form of football fan you can find :ph34r:

Anyway lets hope for a good game and a good atmosphere. We have the full allocation  of 3200 ish, so should be able to make some noise and you guys have sold out too!

Cheers 

HarrogateMackem

There's a chippy and tj's burgers next door to each other on route to the ground,across from leicester tigers ground,you might be just aswell gettin a drink in the ground

The chippy is fantastic, one of the best I've been in and cheap too. I take the train in from Nottingham for home games and always use it. It's on Aylestone Road, can't miss it if you take a direct route from station to ground.

Archived