Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Premier League pro's and cons

Cons

Less games and therefore a bigger gap between games

Less wins

Harder to get tickets for away games

More scrutiny on players and manager

Pro's

Better attendances

More media coverage

When you do win it feels huge! (United for example)

No Peter Beagrie

Feel free to add your own

Pro's

Can watch games you can't get tickets for in the pub

Con's

Everyone has an opinion on your team even if they have barely seen you play

Everyone has an opinion on your manager even if they have barely seen him manage

Everyone has an opinion on your fans even if they have never been to your ground

The mass media add extra pressure on your club with silly overreactions to wins and defeats that can have serious negative effects

Pros

- You get games like the Man United one

- Full houses most weeks

- Big away followings

Cons

- We lose a fair few games

- Hopefully we won't join in but clubs not bothering with the FA Cup

- Return to limp away defeats after a year without

Cons

Kingfox spends all summer claiming we should sign unknown players from the North Korean 4th division.

That could also be classed as a pro.

Because if we sign one and they turn out good, then it's a case of "I told you so"

Pro:

People actually acknowledge the existence of Leicester City Football Club and the place, Leicester.

It's quite exciting seeing Leicester players you've known of for years playing against top teams and big names like Di Maria, Rooney, John Terry and so on.

You can watch your team in the pub relatively often

Con:

Manager and players seem out of their depth.

Crazy as it is, there are effectively glory-hunters now, in the sense that 8,000+ people now come to home games who didn't before.

Is there one serious aspect that isnt better in the Premier League than the Championship? Everything is better.

People might say more wins in the championship is better...........no its not. Its false. Its like playing football against 12 year olds, Sure, it might make you look artificially good. But you cant celebrate beating Brentford like you can Man Utd and thats a fact.

Is there one serious aspect that isnt better in the Premier League than the Championship? Everything is better.

People might say more wins in the championship is better...........no its not. Its false. Its like playing football against 12 year olds, Sure, it might make you look artificially good. But you cant celebrate beating Brentford like you can Man Utd and thats a fact.

i get what you're saying but you can celebrate beating brentford a lot more than you can celebrate losing to west brom, palace, newcastle etc. 

We celebrated beating Bolton and Doncaster more than manure

The games themselves are often more entertaining in the lower leagues. There are always a few exceptions like when the "Big teams" come to play but more often than not the games are against teams that are scared of losing. They don't commit men forward and instead play very slow, boring, tedious football. Leicester vs Burnley. Swansea vs Leicester. Leicester vs West Brom. All absolutely dreadful games because nobody wanted to commit men forward. 

In the Championship teams are a bit more willing to go for it. Anybody can beat anybody and they all seem to know that! In the Premier League, most teams play as if to say "Anybody can avoid defeat against anybody"

Eight more games in the Championship. I genuinely miss those extra games as it always seems like ages between the Saturdays. One mid-week game so far this season says it all..

Eight more games in the Championship. I genuinely miss those extra games as it always seems like ages between the Saturdays. One mid-week game so far this season says it all..

Whilst its true, there is more games and it keeps you more involved, i certainly wouldnt want to go back down there if we could help it.

Its a different kind of interest now, its trying to stay up, building a better team, new objectives. I couldnt seriously be happy just going along winning championship games, knowing we are in the league below the Premiership. The Premiership is the place to be, and if youre not in it, youre not a good football team in my eyes.

Whilst its true, there is more games and it keeps you more involved, i certainly wouldnt want to go back down there if we could help it.

Its a different kind of interest now, its trying to stay up, building a better team, new objectives. I couldnt seriously be happy just going along winning championship games, knowing we are in the league below the Premiership. The Premiership is the place to be, and if youre not in it, youre not a good football team in my eyes.

Agree with most of that except the last line. Did you not think we were a good football team last season?

Archived