Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Premier League pro's and cons

Agree with most of that except the last line. Did you not think we were a good football team last season?

Yes we were a good football team last season, but now we are a better football team because we are a Premier League team.

There are people that say we are a worse team than last season, would anyone care to explain the logic of this? We have strengthened the team, we are a better team now than last season.

Better squad but better team I don't think.

I suppose the best example I could give to counter we are better is that King, Schulpp and Moore all appear to be more regular starters. Last season none of them got into our best side over the course of the season.

I still think we can put out a better side than last season though.

i think if we'd have played west brom at home between january and april last year we'd have won 3 or 4 nil. we played them two weeks ago and lost. 

we should have a better team on paper though, we're just not playing as well as we can do atm. 

Better squad but better team I don't think.

I suppose the best example I could give to counter we are better is that King, Schulpp and Moore all appear to be more regular starters. Last season none of them got into our best side over the course of the season.

I still think we can put out a better side than last season though.

Well we could put out pretty much the exact same team if we wanted to, and we have added to it, so weve definitely strengthened.

I think its because were near the bottom of the league that people think weve gone backwards. Being at the bottom of the Premier League and fighting to stay up IS STILL going forwards from last season.

if you're not one of the top 6, the premier league is pretty boring, who wants to be in a league you know you will NEVER win, what's the ultinate point? we've been brainwashed by SKY to think it's amazing, it's not, it's hot garbage.

if you're not one of the top 6, the premier league is pretty boring, who wants to be in a league you know you will NEVER win, what's the ultinate point? we've been brainwashed by SKY to think it's amazing, it's not, it's hot garbage.

Youre talking twaddle. You re-assess your goals, you set new ones, you look at a realistic chance of winning a cup, attracting better calibre players, making your club better step by step. How would watching Leicester (hypothetically) progress to being (we hope) a top 10 Premiership team be boring? Was the Premier League boring under O'Neill when we were finishing 9th and slapping Sunderland 5-2, when Walsh was popping up with headers for  3-3s against Arsenal? It was one of, if not the best time in the entire clubs history.

Brainwashed my arse. Whats the point in celebrating like a mad man at winning games in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of football? Youre not competing against the best, youre not beating the best. Of course the journey to the Premier League was magical, im not saying it wasnt, but to achieve what youve been trying to do for a decade and then say life ends is a bit stupid.

Well we could put out pretty much the exact same team if we wanted to, and we have added to it, so weve definitely strengthened.

I think its because were near the bottom of the league that people think weve gone backwards. Being at the bottom of the Premier League and fighting to stay up IS STILL going forwards from last season.

We could be aren't, I'd be quite happy for us to go back to last year's team and see how it goes for a game or two.

As I said I agree the strong is definitely stronger, no doubt about that, but the first team that has been put out in quite a few games this season for me is no better than the starting line up we were playing around Feb/March last year. The one at Newcastle certainly springs to mind.

Youre talking twaddle. You re-assess your goals, you set new ones, you look at a realistic chance of winning a cup, attracting better calibre players, making your club better step by step. How would watching Leicester (hypothetically) progress to being (we hope) a top 10 Premiership team be boring? Was the Premier League boring under O'Neill when we were finishing 9th and slapping Sunderland 5-2, when Walsh was popping up with headers for 3-3s against Arsenal? It was one of, if not the best time in the entire clubs history.

Brainwashed my arse. Whats the point in celebrating like a mad man at winning games in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of football? Youre not competing against the best, youre not beating the best. Of course the journey to the Premier League was magical, im not saying it wasnt, but to achieve what youve been trying to do for a decade and then say life ends is a bit stupid.

so battling to finish eighth and hoping for a cup is better than battling to finish first? unless the Thais are seriously serious about it, then I don't see the premier league ever being as entertaining for me personally as the championship. I've said it before, I don't care what league we're in who which teams were playing, I just like to see them win. watching hazard and Costa doesn't interest me, knowing mid table is your only realistic ambition doesn't either.

Cons

Fans in places like Dubai who openly criticise Leicester on social media, yet haven't even seen their beloved Manchester United in the flesh.

I've heard this lot are quite good though:

نادي العين لكرة القدم

Pros

We were down in League 1 and made it back to the top flight. Recovery is never guaranteed, many clubs have gone down and never recovered. Just look at Coventry City, a club of similar size to our own in the past, languishing in League 1 for yet another season.

If we can establish ourselves in the PL we can then develop into a more successful club.

Cons

We lose more matches than we win (at present). I can live with that.

Cons:

The Leicester City Facebook fan page becoming unreadable because of hundreds of Algerians posting irrelevant shite every time something is posted.

The Prem is almost a poison chalice after promotion - and sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for... every fan wants to get there and you always hope to compete but realistically the odds are stacked against survival. 3 up and 3 down every season tells it own story:

There are yo-yo teams

Teams that sprint up the table to make the play-offs on pure adrenaline with a dozen games left

Then there's teams like Leicester, who have waited 10 years and finally achieve it

So do you then spend big and hope to compete and build, or keep mainly what you've got, enjoy it while it lasts and take the money + parachute payments? In our case, it feels like the latter. It's certainly not much fun being a Foxes fan so far in the Prem - at least last season we looked good at 2nd tier level, and previously in Division 1 where at least we were enjoying goals galore and winning for fun. Was it really that grim? Any more grim than a relegation battle?!

We're in a fantastic position financially, with huge debt having been paid off and now the proceeds that come with the turf in the Prem. The owners are clear about their ambition to secure Premier league status. Regardless of your 'disillusions of grandeur' rant Mr Pearson, I believe the fans do actually deserve this after 10 years, and your idea of 'quality' doesn't seem to match theirs - instead you seem to be rewarding your favourite Championship players with contracts that might look very rich if we're back down there next year. Most of your recent 'quality' additions can't for some reason get a game in your first team - or were they TR's signings?

So If you're still around in January, that should mean we're doing OK. In which case you'll need to splash the cash on quality new faces, not the old ones. 

If you're not around - I just hope the board haven't left it too late by then to give us a chance of staying up, in which case, quality players wouldn't want to come in any case.

I couldn't summarise it in pros and cons (there are arguably more cons being in the Premiership) but the Prem is so much better than the Championship. I couldn't stand us playing in the Championship again next season.

Exactly.

The players bust a gut to get into the Premier League and there are fans around who say yeah but I love winning in the Championship. Ridiculous. Move up to the next level and compete..

And those who did prefer the Championship have got very selective memories because i can remember being beaten on boxing day by Rotherham, watching the most drab 0-0 ever freezing my arse off vs Doncaster, watching Millwall spank us 3-0, GOING DOWN AGAIN all in the last period since last being in the Premier League. Were playing at the highest domestic level possible and some people would rather be in the league below. Astonishing.

Pro's:

Achieving promotion after ten years out and countless managers.

Pitting our wits against the best

Getting to see some of the world's best players

Big crowds

Great away days

Money to strengthen the squad

Being on MOTD

Cons:

Foxestalk going into meltdown with every loss

King Fox and his scouting assessments

Not equipping ourselves with sufficient quality to match certain teams

The possibility of another managerial change

Archived