Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

Ulloa Needs Chances According to NP

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson says his side must create more chances for their frontmen if they are to end their four-game goal drought against Sunderland at King Power Stadium on Saturday.
The Foxes haven’t found the back of the net since Riyad Mahrez put his side 2-1 up against Burnley in October – the game eventually finishing 2-2 after an injury time free kick from Ross Wallace.

Striker Leonardo Ulloa leads the way on the scoring front for City after bagging five goals in his first five Barclays Premier League appearances, and Pearson knows that if his side are to return to winning ways, they need to create more opportunities for the Argentine hitman.

“Strikers need chances and he’s not been getting chances,” said the City boss. “I was asked about whether I was concerned about his lack of goalscoring – he still has five goals so far this season. His contribution to the side is very good in all aspects.

“He’s one of our best defenders from set plays, and he’s still a very good target man for us. What we need to do is get him into positions where he’s able to miss chances.

“If goals are flowing for any individual in this division you’ve got a world-class player. I don’t know whether they’ll be flowing but he’ll score his fair share this season – there’s no doubt about that.”

Well here's a solution ditch the diamond formation and play with 2 wingers we might create something then.

I don't think he was trying to be profound or sound intelligent by saying that. Probably just responding to a question. No need to take the piss.

I'm not taking the piss simply suggesting a potential solution to the problem, that seems to be passing Pearson by, I like Pearson, a lot, but his inability to see this potential solution is frustrating everyone.

I say potential solution because it might not work but I'm sure as hell it'll be an improvement from our last few games.

How can you not take the piss out of Pearson? He's a plank

You mean the man that guided us to this position (for the first time in ten years)?

You mean the man that guided us to such as brilliant season last season in which we won the league and broke record after record?

Yeah, of course he is.

He's now saying what everyone been saying for weeks, sorry Nigel you are you only one who can set the side up to give him the chances.

The time for ****ing about with formations is over, time to go 4-4-2 and create chances, or I'm afraid we can expect more of the same, and Nigel's job will be under serious pressure, come let's get back to the side we know we can be.

You mean the man that guided us to this position (for the first time in ten years)?

You mean the man that guided us to such as brilliant season last season in which we won the league and broke record after record?

Yeah, of course he is.

Glad you agree

It's all very well blaming the midfield but Ulloa needs to help them out as well by getting in decent positions. He did this in the first five games and was rewarded with five goals, but since then he's been coming too deep to collect the ball, slowing down the few attacks we have and just generally not getting in the box to provide options from what I've seen.

It's all very well blaming the midfield but Ulloa needs to help them out as well by getting in decent positions. He did this in the first five games and was rewarded with five goals, but since then he's been coming too deep to collect the ball, slowing down the few attacks we have and just generally not getting in the box to provide options from what I've seen.

You mean the games where we attacked with width and pace?

No shit... How about injecting some creativity, some wingers perhaps.

Posted by Mike McCarthy in twitter...

Leicester City games featuring most successful crosses;

West Brom - 10/33

Everton - 6/16

Arsenal - 6/20

Newcastle - 6/22

Burnley - 5/33

I reckon he'll play the diamond again today just to take the piss.

Well I saw part of his pre match press conference and he was talking about certain players just getting back from International football. Names included Schlupp and Mahrez. 

Goal against Everton came from a set piece, goal against Arsenal came from a Schlupp cross, goal against Stoke came from a Konchesky cross, Man Utd well we just pissed over them.

Play some pissing wingers you thick twat.

Archived