Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

Sunderland Match Thread

Jeez its flood or famine this season with Pearson. Why can't we just play with a NORMAL, balanced line up like everyone else does?

After FOUR CMs and no wingers, today we got two out and out wingers, two out and out strikers ... AND wait for it... two holding players.

There will be big gaps between the two CMs and the two strikers... Until he brings King or Nugent on late in the second half and too late to do anything about it... And i can't see who is going to bring the two wingers into the game.

Hope im wrong, but it looks like another totally unbalanced line up to me

Well done Nige. Personally I'd rather see knocky or Albrighton starting ahead of Schlupp but it's great to see us going back to our strongest formation.

Hopefully James will sit back and control and allow Cambiasso to roam forward a bit a make his passes in an area of the pitch that can do some damage, as well as preventing us from just lumping it up to Ulloa.

I also want to see both Vardy and Ulloa properly up front, neither of them are suited to sitting just behind.

This is a game we can win and if the players show the same kind of positive ambition as the manager has with his tactics, we'll win 3-1.

NP: "We're at home so we've gone for a more attacking formation today. We need to break the recent cycle by being positive."

At last!  :trumpet:

But it makes sense to play a more attacking team at home against poor opposition. That doesn't make previous decisions wrong!

Jeez its flood or famine this season with Pearson. Why can't we just play with a NORMAL, balanced line up like everyone else does?

After FOUR CMs and no wingers, today we got two out and out wingers, two out and out strikers ... AND wait for it... two holding players.

There will be big gaps between the two CMs and the two strikers... Until he brings King or Nugent on late in the second half and too late to do anything about it... And i can't see who is going to bring the two wingers into the game.

Nothing stopping either Cambiasso or James pushing forward. I think it'll be Cambiasso. He's not an out and out defensive midfielder, he can play the number 10 role too - that's where he started his career - so asking him to push forward from a CM position isn't playing him out of position and doesn't make the team unbalanced... All imho

James is more a box-to-box mid, and Cambi started as a no10, so I don't see your complaint here. This is a balanced line up.

Anyway, if we can get Vardy going, this is going to be hilarious. O'Shea and Brown vs Jamie has the potential to be a humiliating blood-bath for O'Shea and Brown.

The team has to be picked to combat the opposition's tactics who have also picked their team based on our players. The last few weeks we have not been so good at it or failed adapt. Man Utd were not expecting what they came up against. Didn't Vardy say they exploited their weakness in defence? Just hope the coaches have done their homework on Sunderland right.

Archived