Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

Better play generally. Mahrez was excellent before looking absolutely knackered towards the end. James and Morgan/Wasyl excellent.

At least Pearson made them attack for a change. Much more enjoyable to watch.

A clean sheet and point is good though

I thought Cambiasso and James looked our best midfield pairing for a while. Still more negatives than positives unfortunately. I hope he sticks with this team though, we've had enough changes.

I thought Cambiasso wasn't great tbh. James carried the midfield in my opinion.

Good: Jeff was very good, Mahrez showed class, Kasper made a couple of great saves, Morgan was good.

Bad: Camby was poor in the 1st, Wasyl is too slow and a card risk with every challenge, De Laet and Konch are inconsistant, Ulloa has lost confidence, Vardy lacked touch in the second, No-one can score.

Cambiasso and James worked well, we looked threatening and didn't get overrun in midfield. Just need a bit of luck, get a goal by hook or crook and we'll be fine again I reckon - we're no worse than Newcastle, and since they knicked that win last month they've gone flying.

God knows what that ref was on though - Clattermole's challenge was a leg-breaker, should have been a red. Typical from the dirty ****.

Was a step forward and an improvement. I still think we are pumping the ball into the box too quickly, almost as if we don't have the confidence to pass it around like we would last season, around the opposition box, and that's costing us creating chances

Definitely too many direct balls.

Use Mahrez and Jeff on the wings ans ping it in.

Good: Jeff was very good, Mahrez showed class, Kasper made a couple of great saves, Morgan was good.

Bad: Camby was poor in the 1st, Wasyl is too slow and a card risk with every challenge, De Laet and Konch are inconsistant, Ulloa has lost confidence, Vardy lacked touch in the second, No-one can score.

Agree with this post.

Mahrez should be one of the first on the team sheet, especially against a bloody awful QPR side next week. I think Moore is due a return to the back four, but some of our problems such as the inability of our strikers to score may be best sorted in January.

Positives 

Kasper was our most important player today and I'm glad he got his clean sheet.

Mahrez was fantastic on the ball.

James can make chances for himself. *

Negatives/moans

De Laet honestly needs to look for the short pass. He's not good at long passes at all. I'd actually prefer him to go back across to Was. 

* but he can't finish them

Tips for the Future

Buy Ronaldo

Archived