Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

Positives:

Cambiasso proved he can play 90 minutes in a 2 man central midfield and did very well.

Clean Sheet.

Negatives:

Way too many unnecessary mistakes, we can't afford to waste the ball so much. 

Didn't score.

At least we looked like we wanted it. For fvcks sake though, they were fvcking awful defensively APART from when defending long high balls. So what do we start doing?

People will try and mask this with 'ooh a clean sheet' and 'well we looked more positive' but the truth is, Sunderland are a very poor team and we couldnt beat them at home.

We're in trouble.

We looked better, but it was still obvious that we're seriously struggling to adapt to this league and there's no telling when our transitional phase will end, if at all.  Poor refereeing too - we should have been rid of Cattermole and Larsson halfway through the 2nd half, not that we'd have been able to profit from it on that showing.

Firstly, that was a great game to watch. We looked so much better today. We just lacked some clever decision making at vital times, i.e Vardy not passing to Mahrez when we broke 4 on their 2 (although he took a bad touch which didn't help). This side will come good providing we are attacking teams and playing the way we did today. Bring on next week!

Positives:

Cambiasso proved he can play 90 minutes in a 2 man central midfield and did very well.

Clean Sheet.

Negatives:

Way too many unnecessary mistakes, we can't afford to waste the ball so much. 

Didn't score.

Strange points:

Cambiasso must have wasted the ball more than anyone.

Cambiasso and James worked well, we looked threatening and didn't get overrun in midfield. Just need a bit of luck, get a goal by hook or crook and we'll be fine again I reckon - we're no worse than Newcastle, and since they knicked that win last month they've gone flying.

God knows what that ref was on though - Clattermole's challenge was a leg-breaker, should have been a red. Typical from the dirty ****.

With all due respect Doc I've started to think your moniker references the prescription drugs you're taking. You keep pushing the 'we're unlucky in front of goal, we'll be fine' line after every game. We look anything but threatening. We aren't creating. Apart from a decent spell in the 2nd we still look more uncomfortable on the ball than almost any Prem team I've seen in the last 5 years.

The fact is, we are in serious, serious trouble.

Maybe but did we expect anything else when we were promoted.

If you notice all 3 promoted teams are at the bottom.

This league is stacked against promoted teams.

Realistically we are doing as well as expected.

With all due respect Doc I've started to think your moniker references the prescription drugs you're taking. You keep pushing the 'we're unlucky in front of goal, we'll be fine' line after every game. We look anything but threatening. We aren't creating. Apart from a decent spell in the 2nd we still look more uncomfortable on the ball than almost any Prem team I've seen in the last 5 years.

Eh? James had 3/4 good chances, Jeff and Mahrez had good chances where they should have done better than hit the side netting. We're getting the openings, we just look uncomfortable when the chances fall, a lack of confidence. We know they can score, they just need to be reminded of that. If we weren't getting any chances I'd be concerned, but Jeff and Mahrez both got in behind, James had a couple of openings, Was had a free header from the corner. We're getting into good positions, we're creating enough to win games, but we don't look like taking those chances - and that's just a confidence issue.

Vardy is so hot and cold lately. Does one thing I say I love him then he ****s up time and time again. 

Still think he is our most dangerous striker somehow.

If you stick a target man up front in this league they need to be world class, or at least offer some movement. It's not working with Ulloa like it wasn't working with Howard. Poor recruitment.

Except those 5 goals

Vardy is so hot and cold lately. Does one thing I say I love him then he ****s up time and time again. 

Still think he is our most dangerous striker somehow.

He's rapid, but it's annoying how he destroys his own movements with his indecision. 

Strange points:

Cambiasso must have wasted the ball more than anyone.

Cambiasso can spot a pass though, they aren't wasted if they have a chance of success. There are many times we concede possession and I'm not sure what we are aiming for.

Cambiasso and James worked well, we looked threatening and didn't get overrun in midfield. Just need a bit of luck, get a goal by hook or crook and we'll be fine again I reckon - we're no worse than Newcastle, and since they knicked that win last month they've gone flying.

God knows what that ref was on though - Clattermole's challenge was a leg-breaker, should have been a red. Typical from the dirty ****.

I'm in agreement with some of the other posters. You need to cut back on your medication.

If you stick a target man up front in this league they need to be world class, or at least offer some movement. It's not working with Ulloa like it wasn't working with Howard. Poor recruitment.

Worked fine in those first 5. He's tailed off, so have the rest of the team, but take away his goals and we lose half the points we've got so far.

Really mixed feelings after that. I said in the pre-match thread that I'd be happy if we could just stop the rot but post match I can't help but feel that's a massive opportunity missed. Sunderland were gash and with any kind of guile in the final third (excluding Mahrez) we would have had a reasonably comfortable 3 points.

I thought tactically we looked better but there were still many times when we resorted to hit and hope. Need to stop panicking at key moments.

No doubt that, for all that we didn't score and haven't done for a while, the refereeing materially altered the course of the match.

Sunderland should have had 3 red cards in 5 minutes and got none.

Archived