Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

anyone else think our players have been told to be more selfish?

there were 3 or 4 moments where a pass/low ball across the 6 yard box would have given more chance of a goal where they shot

schlupp 1st half and nugent 2nd half spring to mind

BUT better performance & nice clean sheet. Kasper made crucial saves. Not depressing this week

I'm in agreement with some of the other posters. You need to cut back on your medication.

I'm not on any meds, I'm actually watching the games - unlike a lot of this forum it seems. We are quite clearly creating - James put 2 or 3 good chances straight at Pantillimon today. We just look like we don't know how to shoot - the chances are there, the finishing has disappeared - they're snatching at shots, and that's usually nerves - get a goal and those nerves should calm down. It's just getting that first goal now that is a problem.

We're still absolute muck of course but at least it is a clean sheet and a point on the board. We really did need to bag today though there's no dressing it up. Will most likely get beat next week and I think he may well get the tin tack.

I'm not on any meds, I'm actually watching the games - unlike a lot of this forum it seems. We are quite clearly creating - James put 2 or 3 good chances straight at Pantillimon today. We just look like we don't know how to shoot - the chances are there, the finishing has disappeared - they're snatching at shots, and that's usually nerves - get a goal and those nerves should calm down. It's just getting that first goal now that is a problem.

'Just'? It tends to be a rather major problem in football. Fair enough though I admire your optimism.

'Just'? It tends to be a rather major problem in football. Fair enough though I admire your optimism.

Of course, I'm not pretending that it's not a problem - all I'm saying is everything else is more or less there, we're getting into good positions, but we look like we don't know what to do there and end up just passing it to the keeper as much as anything. People are talking like we're miles away from being a competent outfit, but we're not - we're just missing that confidence in front of goal. Where it's going to come from is a different matter entirely.

Basically teams are just sitting back meaning our most useful weapon, speedly breaks, are completely nullified. We don't seem to have any other way to prise defences apart, we hump it up rather than trying to move the ball and the team up the pitch and work something. We might still have some luck against the biggest teams as they will open up a bit more to attack us, but roughly 14 of the other teams in the division are going to sit back and there is nothing we can do to get around them it seems.

I don't blame Ulloa so much, the ball rarely even gets to him!

You need to take the blue tinted specs off. The problem is, you say that we were "just unlucky" not to score, but fail to mention that Sunderland had just as many good chances as we did - if we were unlucky, then they were just as unlucky as us. 

And they were the away side, and are one of the worst teams in the league. A point away from home is a good result for them. Not so much for us. We were much better this week, I'll admit, but we're still not convincing in the slightest.

Had the chances but didn't take them, not forgetting a couple of decent saves from Kasper but a different ref could have seen them with 9 players for 30 minutes and could have had a penalty for the hand ball with the hand away from the body. Better performance and point nearer to where we want to be.

Can someone who thinks Moore should return for Wasilewski please explain why? And can they do so without using the words or phrases, "young", "Leicester Lad", "England/English", "one for the future", "one of our own".

We have just kept our first clean sheet in a very long time. In the last home game we never looked like conceding (hence it took a fluke goal to go against us) and yet you want the centre half pairing changed.

You need to take the blue tinted specs off. The problem is, you say that we were "just unlucky" not to score, but fail to mention that Sunderland had just as many good chances as we did - if we were unlucky, than they were just as unlucky as us. 

And they were the away side, and are one of the worst teams in the league. A point away from home is a good result for them. Not so much for us. We were much better this week, I'll admit, but we're still not convincing in the slightest.

They really didn't. Fletchers one on one aside it was long range attempts. They got into promising positions, but didn't even manage a shot. Fletchers 1v1 against Jeff and Mahrez hitting the side netting and James putting 2 down Pantillimons throat? No contest. 

Can someone who thinks Moore should return for Wasilewski please explain why? And can they do so without using the words or phrases, "young", "Leicester Lad", "England/English", "one for the future", "one of our own".

We have just kept our first clean sheet in a very long time. In the last home game we never looked like conceding (hence it took a fluke goal to go against us) and yet you want the centre half pairing changed.

No, you're right. Was has been very solid, and deserving of his place.

If you stick a target man up front in this league they need to be world class, or at least offer some movement. It's not working with Ulloa like it wasn't working with Howard. Poor recruitment.

watch what you say, the truth offends many on here.

You need to take the blue tinted specs off. The problem is, you say that we were "just unlucky" not to score, but fail to mention that Sunderland had just as many good chances as we did - if we were unlucky, than they were just as unlucky as us.

And they were the away side, and are one of the worst teams in the league. A point away from home is a good result for them. Not so much for us.

I thought we had the balance of the play. No doubt that Sunderland had their chances (and actually the best chance) but I thought we were more deserving of the win.

They really didn't. Fletchers one on one aside it was long range attempts. They got into promising positions, but didn't even manage a shot. Fletchers 1v1 against Jeff and Mahrez hitting the side netting and James putting 2 down Pantillimons throat? No contest. 

So you missed the great saves that Kasper had to make then?

I thought we had the balance of the play. No doubt that Sunderland had their chances (and actually the best chance) but I thought we were more deserving of the win.

I honestly think it was 50/50. No doubt, most of the people on their forum are probably saying that they deserved to win.

Archived