Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

Cambiasso is the problem...

Its not his fault. BUT playing without an attacking midfielder really nullifies the effect of having two strikers and two wingers on the pitch.

Cambiasso is the one who needs to make way. King should have started today.

Manager's iffy team selection is the problem... And I'm getting a bit fed up of it if I'm honest.

An improved performance. A clean sheet. Chances we should have taken. A penalty that could/should have been. A probable red card that the ref bottled. 

Overall, it wasn't great and we are certainly in a fight to stay up. However, we improved with width and I thought both the CM partnership and the CB partnership worked well. Mahrez is a bright light in a rather mediocre side.

January - new LB, another striker (Nuge isn't up to it, Vardy is struggling so far, Wood has barely had a chance but doesn't show the quality needed) and a left winger (I don't think Schlupp is up to it still, i'd rather him stay at LB)

We can certainly stay up but god I hope we score soon. It's only a useful result if we build on it and go and beat QPR. Should we not take 3 points next week then today's point will look far far worse.

For those saying RDL was good today, I have to disagree. Nearly everything they created came down their left hand side. This is not the first time this has happened this season and it again makes me think, our right side of defence is being targetted.

I thought Wickham was exceptional today, in holding the ball up. He gave RDL a pretty torrid time.

I gave james an 8 as well, both had their moments in the first half but as soon as they got going they were brilliant, stick with these for QPR and we will get something

As I said mate..brilliant? We've just drawn naught naught, at home. Shows how easily pleased some of us are. Good, yes. Brilliant..nah

Well entertainment wise it's wasn't bad for a goalless draw, on the positives our defending was once again good no problems there well I sometimes feel De Laet can be sloppy at times. It's simply just we're not putting away our chances, need a good striker to come in january along with an attacking midfielder someone on the phones on RL suggested Maloney from Wigan. However for me another problem is we're lacking confidence at the moment if we good just get a good win against team around us near the bottom then I can see a good reaction from that and huge confidence boost and I can see our season kicking off from there. Be positive folks!

For those saying RDL was good today, I have to disagree. Nearly everything they created came down their left hand side. This is not the first time this has happened this season and it again makes me think, our right side of defence is being targetted.

I thought Wickham was exceptional today, in holding the ball up. He gave RDL a pretty torrid time.

An exceptional attacker against a defender having a torrid time, and yet they didn't score. Something doesn't add up. RDL was fine today.

I genuinely think a lot of you despise RDL because he's not as good-looking as dear Kasper and James. 

He wasn't as bad as you lot are slating him. I thought Konchesky didn't offer much more than RDL but he receives no flak. James and our forwards lacked composure with their finishing and they are mostly receiving praises. 

RDL dominated Wickham today and it was a vast improvement on his previous performances - he wasn't good going forward but was Konchesky? Quit the bitching because the double standards are atrocious here. 

Paul put some good balls in though, can't deny that.

He did, but so did RDL. He's just getting unjustified abuse today. He didn't do any worse than James.

I think you're into something there. I think RDL is decent and that he's also a proper fitty.

Tbh he's the kind of man I wouldn't mind my girls marrying. He seems like a down-to-earth, family man. Never spoken to him, but I can tell I'd like him. 

Well I think you are wrong!

DeLaet was easily the worst player on the pitch today. He wanted nothing to do with Wickham on their left wing in the air, they kept playing long balls up to Wickham and he had joy all day long even Mahrez contested against him in the air more effectively than DeLaet. He's not assertive enough and looks for others to make decisions for him. Danny Simpson deserves a start against QPR for me.

DeLaet was easily the worst player on the pitch today. He wanted nothing to do with Wickham on their left wing in the air, they kept playing long balls up to Wickham and he had joy all day long even Mahrez contested against him in the air more effectively than DeLaet. He's not assertive enough and looks for others to make decisions for him. Danny Simpson deserves a start against QPR for me.

This..I literally can't recollect Wickham not winning a long-ball..very good today, both in the air and with his feet.

This..I literally can't recollect Wickham not winning a long-ball..very good today, both in the air and with his feet.

You really need to change that picture because I'm still reading all your posts in grump-mode. Use the same man if need be but give the chap a smile will ya?

Edit: Also tell me how James was better than RDL today? From my view, RDL had Wickham in a coffin all day apart from the occasional loss here and there. Not sure you were watching the same game. I thought you were a reputable poster but I was wrong on that count. 

You really need to change that picture because I'm still reading all your posts in grump-mode. Use the same man if need be but give the chap a smile will ya?

Edit: Also tell me how James was better than RDL today? From my view, RDL had Wickham in a coffin all day apart from the occasional loss here and there. Not sure you were watching the same game. I thought you were a reputable poster but I was wrong on that count. 

It's Tommy Wright - he never smiles.

I'm not having the love in for cambiasso, yes he has won countless titles and played at the highest level his whole career, yes he waves his arms around conducting everyone but his passing isn't anywhere near as good as a lot of you make out he gives the ball away more than most, he's poor in the air and his aimless headers back to the opposition constantly is unreal, his legs have gone, sitting watching him leave his man to run off him then jog back as they're attacking is the most frustrating thing I've ever seen.... I thought Hammond was slow but ec takes the biscuit the only saving grace today was the fact that Sunderland had no pace in the middle either

I share some of the growing unease about Ulloa not finding the net, but he still needs to be on the pitch for his great defending at corners.

We need better delivery at our corners, perhaps from Cambo, and I think that Wood needs a decent opportunity before Jan to prove himself, as does Powell. They would be pushed to be worse than our current two, and Wood does have a physical presence at holding the ball up.

The ref was a bit poor, and the pitch rather too slippery for a passing game, but if we are playing in the air then we need someone like Wood as target man. Vardy would be an effective sub to bring on against a flagging defence.

But most important to be out of the dropzone at Christmas. If we are too cut adrift then no decent player (or manager) will sign for us. No point in signing someone no better than what we have already. We need another winger and another striker (Joel Campbell?), and for Nugent to go, with thanks for the last couple of years.

Are you a City fan and don't know Tommy Wright?

I was at the same game as you, and thought RDL was our weakest defender. As I said, teams seem to target our right side of the field. Today was no exception. I'd give Simmo a go at QPR. He probably has a point to prove. And I thought James was good today.

Edit..if 'reputable poster' equals 'agree with baby on everything', then I'd rather be disreputable.

I was at the same game as you, and thought RDL was our weakest defender. As I said, teams seem to target our right side of the field. Today was no exception. I'd give Simmo a go at QPR. He probably has a point to prove. And I thought James was good today.

Whoever it is, it's an unsavourable expression. It just adds a great deal of moodiness to your already (unsolicited and unjustified) moody points. Just saying, maybe people will give liking to your points more if you had a more cheery picture on.

Regards

His username is babylad92, ignore him fella he is on the windup, I should know I used to be the same till I grew up and started taking this place more seriously and gave it and the posters the respect they deserve.

Archived