Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 0-0 Sunderland - Results & Man of the Match

But Mark...it's all opinions?

Are you suggesting the majority is wrong AND laughing at them?

Yes. I'm also not claiming there's anything wrong with doing that, so I'm not being hypocritical.

I think the ratings are fairly decent. Mahrez highest with 7.2 and Vardy lowest with 5.58 (discounting subs) seem like fair enough ratings. I didn't think Mahrez did enough for motm although I did give a 7 which was the highest rating I gave.

Pearson with a 6 seems about right too, although I gave him a 7.

But Mark...it's all opinions?

Are you suggesting the majority is wrong AND laughing at them?

Well a lot of fans have fvcked up opinions then.

Whoever thought Mahrez was better than Morgan, Wasyl & James are seriously deluded. 

You gotta be joking? Mr 'sliced it again'? I mean, I like the guy, but if he's our best player.......

He is and has been our best and most consistent player all season. A lot doubted whether he could step up but I can't remember a striker giving him a torrid time all season. Just because he slices a few clearances doesn't make it any worse a performance, dealt with every cross yesterday and 3 incredible blocks that I remember.

That's the Mahrez who played the pass of the match to put Jeff clear through just for him to scuff it, the Mahrez who put in an amazing cross that nearly went in and was just begging for any kind of touch for an almost certain goal, the Mahrez that won a penalty that wasn't given, the Mahrez who turned their defenders inside out inside the box only for his shot to be deflected wide? More than the rest of the team (excluding Matty) did combined in an attacking sense. Not skewed thinking, not unfair on the other players, not tinted specs, he was clearly a huge (practically only) threat until he tired with about 20 minutes to go, at which time he should of been replaced.

That's the Mahrez who played the pass of the match to put Jeff clear through just for him to scuff it, the Mahrez who put in an amazing cross that nearly went in and was just begging for any kind of touch for an almost certain goal, the Mahrez that won a penalty that wasn't given, the Mahrez who turned their defenders inside out inside the box only for his shot to be deflected wide? More than the rest of the team (excluding Matty) did combined in an attacking sense. Not skewed thinking, not unfair on the other players, not tinted specs, he was clearly a huge (practically only) threat until he tired with about 20 minutes to go, at which time he should of been replaced.

For me to say a player performed well I've got to get an impression that he was contributing throughout the match and not just in a few isolated examples of good play. Ulloa made a number of good flick ons, played James through and made what I thought was actually the best pass of the match to Mahrez but you no-one thinks he played well because he didn't do much in general play.

Morgan and Wasilewski on the other hand consistently dealt with Sunderland's attacks and were also involved in a number of instances of good play.

People have been demanding Mahrez that starts more than anyone else this season so they wanted to see him play well, so that's what they did.

(From TV), James looked far and away our MOTM to me, Mahrez looked great but im probably biased as i have been moaning about him not playing, so i tended to watch what he did (maybe more than others?)

All in all the ratings look ok, i perhaps wouldve had Cambiasso higher and also the full backs both did their jobs pretty well.

I think Vardy needs a spell and Wood needs a chance.

(From TV), James looked far and away our MOTM to me, Mahrez looked great but im probably biased as i have been moaning about him not playing, so i tended to watch what he did (maybe more than others?)

All in all the ratings look ok, i perhaps wouldve had Cambiasso higher and also the full backs both did their jobs pretty well.

I think Vardy needs a spell and Wood needs a chance.

Absolutely flabbergasted that anyone can seriously think Wood deserves a go. Have you not seen the bloke for the last 18 months or so? He's a complete oaf.

Torn between Was and James.

I went for Was but Mahrez wasn't far behind. He was always a threat and showed some great skill at times. It's staggering he's been left out recently

Absolutely flabbergasted that anyone can seriously think Wood deserves a go. Have you not seen the bloke for the last 18 months or so? He's a complete oaf.

Im looking for options to be honest, Im a Vardy fan, but he just isnt giving us anything at moment (maybe if we give Mahrez a couple more starts he will help create for Vards?). I love his chase and passion etc, but, we need goals,and while im not sure that Wood is the answer, he does seem to score when given a run, lets find out and if not, move him on as he will just be wasting his and our time.

Im looking for options to be honest, Im a Vardy fan, but he just isnt giving us anything at moment (maybe if we give Mahrez a couple more starts he will help create for Vards?). I love his chase and passion etc, but, we need goals,and while im not sure that Wood is the answer, he does seem to score when given a run, lets find out and if not, move him on as he will just be wasting his and our time.

I think Vardy has been one of our best players so far this season but was definitely poor on Saturday. Wood is absolutely hopeless though, I doubt whether he's even championship quality. He offers nothing. Hopefully it's an area we will strengthen in jan. If you'd told me last season we'd end a premiership game chasing a goal with Nugent and Wood as the front two id have been gutted. Neither are ever ever ever going to be premiership level strikers

I think Vardy has been one of our best players so far this season but was definitely poor on Saturday. Wood is absolutely hopeless though, I doubt whether he's even championship quality. He offers nothing. Hopefully it's an area we will strengthen in jan. If you'd told me last season we'd end a premiership game chasing a goal with Nugent and Wood as the front two id have been gutted. Neither are ever ever ever going to be premiership level strikers

Personally i thought Cambiasso had a good game. Some of his vision for his passing was outstanding. That pass from Ulloa to Mahrez for the penalty decision was the pass of the game. Mahrez had a decent game but James was MOTM for me. Cant believe he didnt take one of his chances. The back 4 were all good and schluup looked dangerous. Vardy was poor as was all 3 subs 

lol anymore?

Wood is obviously good enough for the Championship. In the last two seasons he's got 24 goals in 65 appearances at that level and a good 20 of those appearances were as a sub.

Worth bearing in mind at this point that Wood also has as many Premier League goals as Vardy this season despite having played infinitely fewer minutes.

Wood is also, what? 23? And you've written him off completely at any level above League 1, despite him having greater success in the championship by the age of 23 than most strikers manage at their peak.

He's almost certainly not the answer for us (at least alongside Ulloa) but I think you're being unreasonably disparaging.

Some people on here can have an argument in an empty room, what is the point in doing these ratings if you are just going to ridicule the outcome. You may disagree on Mahrez, but the point of this is not to see how accurate your opinions are, and validate your own views, but to gauge the opinions of a greater number of people.

Worth bearing in mind at this point that Wood also has as many Premier League goals as Vardy this season despite having played infinitely fewer minutes.

:blink:

Wood is obviously good enough for the Championship. In the last two seasons he's got 24 goals in 65 appearances at that level and a good 20 of those appearances were as a sub.

Wood is also, what? 23? And you've written him off completely at any level above League 1, despite him having greater success in the championship by the age of 23 than most strikers manage at their peak.

He's almost certainly not the answer for us (at least alongside Ulloa) but I think you're being unreasonably disparaging.

It's just my opinion. I don't think he is good in the air, he rarely uses his strength like he should, his first touch is debatable. Never ever thought he was the business last season or indeed the one before despite his good start with us. He's a championship striker at best but I don't see that he'd regularly start for one of the top sides. Time will tell..... (Just like it did with Waghorn who I had Exactly the same opinion of)

There's no chance Wood will make it here. He needs to leave in Jan if we can find someone better (shouldn't be difficult)

Archived