Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 0-0 Sunderland - Results & Man of the Match

That's the Mahrez who played the pass of the match to put Jeff clear through just for him to scuff it, the Mahrez who put in an amazing cross that nearly went in and was just begging for any kind of touch for an almost certain goal, the Mahrez that won a penalty that wasn't given, the Mahrez who turned their defenders inside out inside the box only for his shot to be deflected wide? More than the rest of the team (excluding Matty) did combined in an attacking sense. Not skewed thinking, not unfair on the other players, not tinted specs, he was clearly a huge (practically only) threat until he tired with about 20 minutes to go, at which time he should of been replaced.

The Mahrez who dived for the alledged penalty incident where as if he just shot or fell naturally we would of got something out of the game

Blimey. Thought Mahrez did well but best player on the pitch? Any new player coming back into the side seems to get half a point higher than they should.

Thought James was an absolute cert for MOM.

One thing i did notice with Mahrez was his ball control. He received alot of long passes and controlled them perfectly. Certainly a few positives to take from the game and hopefully we can finally start to put some chances away. QPR away wont be easy but weve beaten them there before so no reason we cant do it again.May need to find that squirrel again lol .Liverpool our next home game and there on a really bad run. As Leicester fans though we cant take there form for granted. We all know we are the team to turn others bad form around. Look at Newcastle now.

I think Mahrez gets scored higher as he's not been in the team and everyone wanted him, we've had zero attacking intent of late he actually added a bit of that and If we were going to create something it looked most likely he'd be involved. Tough call for me between him James, Morgan & Was who were all pretty strong.

De Laet for me is rightly marked low again and I'm someone who has stood up for him. He looked the weak link at the back, he switched off too many times and kept drifting too central giving them time on the ball out wide to get a ball in.

Vardy went charging up to the ref and Mahrez was banging the floor seemingly asking why it wasn't one.

Pedantic. There was barely an appeal, and the poster suggesting it wasn't a penalty because Mahrez dived doesn't know football. It wasn't a pen although we've seen them given before. Just a collision. Mahrez wasn't looking for it

Pedantic.

It's not being pedantic, you said there was no appeal when the player himself looked like he thought it should have been. Not seen the replay, so can't comment on whether it was or not but he I would say his reaction was an appeal.

It's not being pedantic, you said there was no appeal when the player himself looked like he thought it should have been. Not seen the replay, so can't comment on whether it was or not but he I would say his reaction was an appeal.

Yes, there was definitely an appeal. Much of it, however, came when they were given a free kick a few seconds later. We had to be professional, stop complaining and regain our shape quickly.

I´ve seen the replay and there was contact with Mahrez, who was in possession, and the ball wasn't taken cleanly. A soft one from a defender´s point of view - and I suspect the fact that the defender puts in a nonsense challenge sometimes clouds the commentators' & journalists' assessments of whether it's a 'good solid penalty' or not - but I've seen plenty of those given in the past.

strange results, mahrez was far from the best player, he had absolutely no final product despite looking lively.

morgan was our best player and schmeichel, cambiasso and konchesky impressed me, with konch having one of his best games this season. also, james being above cambiasso is ridiculous, james wasted 2 golden chances and looked less composed than cambiasso who for me looked classy at times and did a good job keeping the momentum going in midfield.

strange results, mahrez was far from the best player, he had absolutely no final product despite looking lively.

morgan was our best player and schmeichel, cambiasso and konchesky impressed me, with konch having one of his best games this season. also, james being above cambiasso is ridiculous, james wasted 2 golden chances and looked less composed than cambiasso who for me looked classy at times and did a good job keeping the momentum going in midfield.

Konch seems to play so much better with Schlupp in front of him.

To quote the MOTD commentator on Saturday 'there wasn't an appeal from the Leicester players, so that usually tells you something'

I also didn't think there was one at the time, not really anyway.

To quote the MOTD commentator on Saturday 'there wasn't an appeal from the Leicester players, so that usually tells you something'

The problem is we aren't that sort of a team, and it is frustrating that MOTD would say something like that, rather than say it was or wasn't a penalty, the appeal shouldn't be taken into consideration, it isn't cricket. If it's a penalty it doesn't matter if nobody appeals.

We should start surrounding the ref and getting all up in his face at every opportunity, because it is clear that if you don't then you won't get a decision.

For me, what Cambiasso is good at (talking, making some good passes, tackling) doesn't make up for what he's bad at (not tracking back quickly enough). Liverpool are having the same problem currently with Gerrard. Its costing them. I don't know, all sentiment and hope aside, if its costing us too.

All world class players reach the point in their career where they no longer continue to have the same impact on the game. I think Cambi may be having the exact problem I thought he may have. He's not lost his class ON the ball, but OFF it I think the pace of the Prem may be too quick for him.

MOTD also said the previous week that we had taken to jeering our own players so I wouldn't believe everything they say.

For me, what Cambiasso is good at (talking, making some good passes, tackling) doesn't make up for what he's bad at (not tracking back quickly enough). Liverpool are having the same problem currently with Gerrard. Its costing them. I don't know, all sentiment and hope aside, if its costing us too.

All world class players reach the point in their career where they no longer continue to have the same impact on the game. I think Cambi may be having the exact problem I thought he may have. He's not lost his class ON the ball, but OFF it I think the pace of the Prem may be too quick for him.

Thought cambiasso looked able to cope and managed to win the ball off their players several times and made interceptions too. You seem to have a bit of an agenda.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755419/player-stats/103025/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Mahrez' contribution graphic. Compare it against Schlupp and it's like you're comparing a winger against a full back. Easy for Konchesky to look good when there's two of them playing in the same position.

Mahrez receives the ball in dangerous positions and attempts to create even more threatening situations. Schlupp receives the ball near the half way line and more often than not makes an easy pass that gets the team nowhere. That's when he gets the ball at all, 12 passes all match is a pretty sure fire sign of a player trying to hide.

Archived