Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Newcastle,Sunderland and Leicester.. Home Gates

Newcastle upon Tyne has a population of 250,000 but including the surrounding urban area its population is almost 1 million.

County Durham was the largest local authority in the region with 513,200 (sunderland's area)

leicestershire has a population of just under 1 million with over half the population living in Leicester's built-up area.

the issue being that the outer reaches of the county are closer to derby, nottingham, birmingham, coventry and northampton.

in the northeast, you either support newcastle, sunderland or perhaps middlesborough

Hartlepools United? You don't really know the north east do you.

Is it any wonder we will never move on?

If the board listened to you lot we will always be little Leicester

The potential of this club has never been unearthed,we are currently the 12th best supported side in the country say no more,it's time we showed a bit of an ambition.

The potential of this club has never been unearthed,we are currently the 12th best supported side in the country say no more,it's time we showed a bit of an ambition.

What do you want us to do as fans? This season we're getting good attendances - 30-31k. Shall us fans build a bigger ground right next to KP? 

Show ambition in what way? The owners have hardly skimped with their money.

What do you want us to do as fans? This season we're getting good attendances - 30-31k. Shall us fans build a bigger ground right next to KP?

It's the attitude and mentality,I'm over 40 now and it's no different to when I was a kid,we have had many a thread on here saying we shouldn't increase the capacity..well I say why bloody not,what are we afraid of.

As I've said we are 12th highest in the attendance league,and only 12th through capacity.

It's the attitude and mentality,I'm over 40 now and it's no different to when I was a kid,we have had many a thread on here saying we shouldn't increase the capacity..well I say why bloody not,what are we afraid of.

As I've said we are 12th highest in the attendance league,and only 12th through capacity.

I'd say we're afraid of going bankrupt again. We've spent more time in the second tier than the first and we rarely sold out in the championship.

may be 12th in attendances and whatever else but we are in the relegation zone in our first season back in 10years....hardly a justification for rebuilding a ground....perhaps we should have done it when we were in league one???

Its due to our ground holding 32,000 and their grounds having more seats available, apparently there isn't a problem because when we get relegated everyone will stop going 

When we were relegated from the Prem. last time around in 2004 then on average 10k 'walked away' the following season under Adams and then Levein!

I do wonder what kind of crowds games against Man Utd, Arsenal etc... would've got if the ground was big enough. Bet we'd have easily broken 40k.

how many teams wouldnt get 40k+ against them in their first season back.

How many will we get against Hull or swansea?

When we were relegated from the Prem. last time around in 2004 then on average 10k 'walked away' the following season under Adams and then Levein!

The longer we don't increase the capacity the more it's going to cost..I say build an upper tier now,if relegated don't use it,simple as that

The longer we don't increase the capacity the more it's going to cost..I say build an upper tier now,if relegated don't use it,simple as that

It still costs to build it, even if you don't use it.

It will be interesting to see how the attendances are going to be if we're struggling against relegation in the spring, as looks to be likely now....as opposed to 30k every game for now. I really don't know if there's any wisdom of expanding the ground at the moment....

Well their stadiums are bigger for a start. Did you think of that one?

Their stadiums are bigger because they have filled them for years.

We have never filled our stadium like they have when Filbo was 32k we never filled it.

They both had bigger crowds than we ever did but neither have the Man U of rugby union just up the road.

Also both cities may be smaller but the % of immigrants is far smaller.

No not being racist But how does our crowd reflect our large % of ethnic minorities 

Archived