Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

Anti-IRA Chanting in L1

I'd imagine the chant was solely a follow up to what we heard at the England game and nothing to do with our opponents on Saturday. A number of people have interpreted the Scots booing God Save the Queen as being pro-IRA it seems, which is pretty fvcking stupid if that's true.

Even so I don't know why you feel offended. Being anti-IRA is not the same as being anti-Irish.

Even so I don't know why you feel offended. Being anti-IRA is not the same as being anti-Irish.

Indeed... you can just hate the Irish for being the ginger haired, black stuff guzzling, pot of gold chasing gits they are. Nothing to do with the IRA*

*Joke.

Do Sunderland have a particularly Celtic herritage, or, and I assume it's this one, those singing had absolutley no idea what they were doing?

They used to be owned by the Drumaville Consortium which was Irish, which was when they had Nial Quinn as chairman I think.

saw sland fans walking around with a flag singing no surrender...cops just stood around laughing.

didnt hear owt INSIDE L1

Similar to when the

Muslims burn the British flag on Hyde park in London and burn the Poppy's,but this is england,land of freedom of speech,oh unless your a white English person,that means your a racist thug

Similar to when the

Muslims burn the British flag on Hyde park in London and burn the Poppy's,but this is england,land of freedom of speech,oh unless your a white English person,that means your a racist thug

No, you're right, being a white British male in 21st Century England is tough. If I had a penny for the amount of times I've been called a racist thug for going about my daily business, geewhiz

Don't see the point in singing it but nothing wrong with being against a terrorist group.

Pretty much my thoughts on it, no relevants at a city match, but is defo not anti Irish.

The IRA were a bunch of cowards, and any song sung about them is nothing compared to the murderous things they did

A section of L1 were singing anti-IRA songs on Saturday against Sunderland. A song also sang during the Scotland vs. England.

As a man of Irish heritage I was disgusted and hope the club takes action against the uneducated morons.

Did anyone else hear this?

I'm I man with Irish roots as well and I'm quite offended you'd be offended by people singing against a bunch of vile murdering sick bastards, that said I don't see the point in the singing of these songs at Leicester matches.

Anyone reading though please don't think everyone who has any Irish roots would be offended at anyone being anti IRA like the original poster is.

I'm I man with Irish roots as well and I'm quite offended you'd be offended by people singing against a bunch of vile murdering sick bastards, that said I don't see the point in the singing of these songs at Leicester matches.

Anyone reading though please don't think everyone who has any Irish roots would be offended at anyone being anti IRA like the original poster is.

Always wondered what the P stood for, now I know... cheers Paddy.

A section of L1 were singing anti-IRA songs on Saturday against Sunderland. A song also sang during the Scotland vs. England.

As a man of Irish heritage I was disgusted and hope the club takes action against the uneducated morons.

Did anyone else hear this?

So you support the IRA then?!

Didn't the IRA bomb Leicester in 1990?

Not that I heard the songs or would join in as it seems irrelevant to the game.

Archived