Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

Anti-IRA Chanting in L1

Weird isn't it because when stuff like this is aimed at us (not IRA obviously), it all kicks off and the opposition fans are a disgrace. When in truth, it's just a very small minority who spoilt it for the rest of their fans. Like this. How about just singing about Leicester City next time, that's what we are there for after all.

It's a weak analogy though. Yes the French Resistance were fighting an occupying force but they weren't going to Germany and bombing innocent civilians.

They may not have bombed civillian targets directly but that was through nothing but lack of opportunity. What they did do was assist us in bombing German Civilians via several different means. A quote directly from a 1941 British bombing campaign brief.

The ultimate aim of an attack on a town area is to break the morale of the population which occupies it. To ensure this, we must achieve two things: first, we must make the town physically uninhabitable and, secondly, we must make the people conscious of constant personal danger. The immediate aim, is therefore, twofold, namely, to produce (i) destruction and (ii) fear of death

"History is decided by the victor"

I didn't hear it, but the chant was sung at the wrong place and wrong time, but on a slighty different subject as some have already mentioned people forget how evil the IRA were. Also I remember a few years ago when Arsenal played Celtic in a pre season friendly at half time there was a parade around the pitch of British troops, well look what happens  

I think you'll find they are bad people.

As for being offended lol unless you were a member, why the **** would you be offended by Anti-IRA songs?

Agree with MattP(addy), no room or need for it to be sang at Leicester.

As it's been said (and no one is yet to give me a convincing answer to prove otherwise) the singing of it is aimed to provoke, you are insinuating the people around were former supporters of the IRA based solely on the assumption that they are Celtic fans/Irish. There is no other reason to sing it, it's redundant as a political message, as the IRA packed up their assault riffles and Semtex some years ago now.

EDIT: And as you say there is no call for it to be sang at Leicester regardless of your opinion on the matter.

A section of L1 were singing anti-IRA songs on Saturday against Sunderland. A song also sang during the Scotland vs. England.

As a man of Irish heritage I was disgusted and hope the club takes action against the uneducated morons.

Did anyone else hear this?

The Ira, are scum who gives a shit

They kneecapped a lot of Belfast drug dealers?

I guess it depends on your perspective.

and knee capped there own people for going into a protestant area or dating a protestant girl and stuff like that. OR by not paying the 'insurance premiums' that afforded some shop owners protection.

But still, to compare them to IS is ludicrous.

groups like Isis and ira aren't just exclusively bad or evil people, lots of them might be, but they are generally a symptom of a problem, whether it's people invading your country, dropping bombs on schools or stealing land. no one can condone what they do but groups like Hamas exist for a reason, depending on which side of the fence you're born on, they're terroists or people fighting for freedom.

Ain't bad or evil people?? Have a word with yourself, you Complete moron!! How the hell is executing innocent people not evil??

groups like Isis and ira aren't just exclusively bad or evil people, lots of them might be, but they are generally a symptom of a problem, whether it's people invading your country, dropping bombs on schools or stealing land. no one can condone what they do but groups like Hamas exist for a reason, depending on which side of the fence you're born on, they're terroists or people fighting for freedom.

ISIL are the epitome of evil, let's not compare them to any sort of group with political aims.

No one can argue they are freedom fighters in any way shape or form.

British footbal fans with nationalist sympathies sing chants against those against it shocker

I wouldnt be one to join in but goodness. Get a grip on life. If thats the sort of thing that offends you i'll buy you a cupboard to live in somewhere

I'm I man with Irish roots as well and I'm quite offended you'd be offended by people singing against a bunch of vile murdering sick bastards, that said I don't see the point in the singing of these songs at Leicester matches.

Anyone reading though please don't think everyone who has any Irish roots would be offended at anyone being anti IRA like the original poster is.

Pretty much agree with this.

There's nothing wrong with being anti IRA considering the amount of British and Irish blood their hands are soaked in, but it all seems a bit pointless at a match between Leicester City and Sunderland in the Premier League. 

Weird isn't it because when stuff like this is aimed at us (not IRA obviously), it all kicks off and the opposition fans are a disgrace. When in truth, it's just a very small minority who spoilt it for the rest of their fans. Like this. How about just singing about Leicester City next time, that's what we are there for after all.

The incidents with Forest, Millwall, Bristol City et al were far more than a handful of titheads. Pretty much the entirety of the singing ends at some of those places were singing racist drivel.

Ain't bad or evil people?? Have a word with yourself, you Complete moron!! How the hell is executing innocent people not evil??

then many, many western governments and by extension citizens are evil. the South African and Kenyan concentration camps, hastily dividing India and Pakistan? the list of British atrocities is a lot, lot, lot longer than Isis, Al Qaeda and Hamas combined.

I didn't hear it, but the chant was sung at the wrong place and wrong time, but on a slighty different subject as some have already mentioned people forget how evil the IRA were. Also I remember a few years ago when Arsenal played Celtic in a pre season friendly at half time there was a parade around the pitch of British troops, well look what happens  

That bloke sounds like he needs his carer.

then many, many western governments and by extension citizens are evil. the South African and Kenyan concentration camps, hastily dividing India and Pakistan? the list of British atrocities is a lot, lot, lot longer than Isis, Al Qaeda and Hamas combined.

governments in general, not just Western.

Oh right yeah so lets just negate the sick people of IS, Al Qaida or Hamas simply becuase  different governments we had nothing to do with and didnt vote for many years ago did some terrible stuff themselves.

Terrible logic, mate

Wanted to also point out the glaring contradiction in your posts here.

Just to state the Obvious IS does of course stand for Islamic State. They have, of course, declared a Caliphate

By using your own logic that Citazens are evil by extension of the actions of their own leaders Whilst also  baring in mind some of the 'policies' of the IS leaders ( Mass beheadings/ rapes. sold into slavery) for anyone who doesnt convert to Islam, does this not make members of IS evil by  default?

If L block had been singing '**** the BNP' would you lot still be whinging about it? And they're not even remotely comparable to the IRA.

Leicester has always been a loyalist club and had a good turnout at England games.

Er, yes, mainly because we would wonder what the hell our fans were doing singing about the BNP in the first place.

All this pointless chanting when the team needs our backing. The fans can keep their loyalist stuff to England games, it's not relevant whatsoever to Leicester City matches.

Keep all that crap out of the ground please and concentrate on the thing you turned up and paid to see.

Oh right yeah so lets just negate the sick people of IS, Al Qaida or Hamas simply becuase  different governments we had nothing to do with and didnt vote for many years ago did some terrible stuff themselves.

Terrible logic, mate

He's not said that has he your putting words in his mouth a bit there. He's saying if your going to condemn killing innocents as evil then we many of us are just that. There was a lot of support in this country for the war in Iraq for example (when it started anyway) which was always going to result in heavy civilian casualties.

The fact of the matter is it's not the death that's the problem, if you agree with the politics behind it. As the IRA targeted British citizens and were ultimately unsuccessful in their overall goal and therefore they are seen as the devil incarnate, but I don't hear chants about Loyalist "scum" or Eta "scum". Nelson Mandella is fine example of causing deaths of innocents but yet is still viewed as hero due to the cause he fought for.

It is very hard to form a total overall opinion on terrorism as, as it's been said several times, what is a terrorist and what is a freedom fighter? My personal opinion on the IRA modern incarnation (The REAL IRA) is that it was a greedy (what really defines a terrorist if you ask me) needless and cruel organisation who's political goals were totally unfeasible and murdered hundreds in cold blood trying to achieve something that was never going to happen but you know, I'm quite sure back then those who fought and were willing to die in the name of a united Ireland would totally disagree with me. 

He's not said that has he your putting words in his mouth a bit there. He's saying if your going to condemn killing innocents as evil then we many of us are just that. There was a lot of support in this country for the war in Iraq for example (when it started anyway) which was always going to result in heavy civilian casualties.

The fact of the matter is it's not the death that's the problem, if you agree with the politics behind it. As the IRA targeted British citizens and were ultimately unsuccessful in their overall goal and therefore they are seen as the devil incarnate, but I don't hear chants about Loyalist "scum" or Eta "scum". Nelson Mandella is fine example of causing deaths of innocents but yet is still viewed as hero due to the cause he fought for.

It is very hard to form a total overall opinion on terrorism as, as it's been said several times, what is a terrorist and what is a freedom fighter? My personal opinion on the IRA modern incarnation (The REAL IRA) is that it was a greedy (what really defines a terrorist if you ask me) needless and cruel organisation who's political goals were totally unfeasible and murdered hundreds in cold blood trying to achieve something that was never going to happen but you know, I'm quite sure back then those who fought and were willing to die in the name of a united Ireland would totally disagree with me. 

He's trying to argue that other governments are more evil and not everyone in Isis is Evil , so i'm going to stand by my comment    :thumbup:

I think your misconstruing what he is saying. He is saying, applying your logic not his, most world governments are evil.

I don't believe everyone in ISIS is "evil" either if your born or conditioning into something then I wouldn't say that makes an evil person, misguided and brain washed after being fed lies leading them to believe what they are doing is right perhaps, but not by definition evil. It is those near the top  who are the real "evil" It is a bit like saying every Nazi was "evil" which was basically the entire population of Germany that didn't follow the Nazi Government.

Archived