Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Give him a 6 month Contract

It's all about the bottom line.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30192790 

Emile Heskey: Leicester City return interests ex-England striker

Former England striker Emile Heskey said he would rejoin Leicester City as a player if approached by the Premier League strugglers.

Heskey scored 46 goals in 196 games for the Foxes between 1994 and 2000.

The 36-year-old has already taken up a dual ambassadorial role with the Foxes since returning to England following two years with the Newcastle Jets in Australia's A-League.

"It goes without saying, I'd love to come," Heskey told BBC Radio Leicester.

Leicester, who have not scored in five games and are third from bottom, have room in their 25-man squad to add a free agent.

"It is a great club that allowed me to get to the platform that I got to," Heskey added.

"I was an England international when I was with Leicester so that was a great achievement."

Heskey came through the Foxes academy system before making a club-record £11 million move to Liverpool in 2000.

_79249805_1233278.jpg

Emile Heskey won the League Cup with Leicester City in 1997 and 2000

He scored a total of 110 Premier League goals in an English top-flight career that also saw him feature for Birmingham City, Wigan Athletic and Aston Villa.

Heskey last played in April, but insists he is "fit enough" if Leicester manager Nigel Pearson considered calling him up to a side that have not won in seven matches.

The Leicester-born striker, who earned 62 England caps during an 11-year international career, believes the Foxes have the players to turn their flagging fortunes around.

"They have got a decent squad there, they just need that little pick me up, a little confidence," he said.

"It could be anything, just a spark to get going on a run to get out of it."

Leonardo Ulloa, Leicester's summer signing from Brighton & Hove Albion, is the Foxes' top-scorer so far this season with five goals, while fellow forwards David Nugent, Chris Wood, Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez have all only netted once.

"They will obviously be questioning themselves, as professional footballers it is difficult because you will have ups and downs," said Heskey.

"You always have to have belief in yourself, but that will be battered all over the place once you are not scoring and getting a few critics on your back."

He praps would love one last game.

But he may just be saying get of of the players backs.

Some right childish prats on this forum slagging off one of our greats......

The man who put his hand in his own pocket to save the club when we went into administration a Leicester great and legend.

Scored some wonderful goals for our club and when he played was great and a powerful forward the likes of which Vardy, Wood, Nugent and Ulloa are not even in the same league or fit enough to even lace his boots.

Show somw respect you muppets.

Call yourself Leicester fans?

The man who put his hand in his own pocket to save the club when we went into administration a Leicester great and legend.

Scored some wonderful goals for our club and when he played was great and a powerful forward the likes of which Vardy, Wood, Nugent and Ulloa are not even in the same league or fit enough to even lace his boots.

So it's disrespectful to not want him back playing with us? How so? No-one is discounting all that he did for us both on the pitch and in our time of need. Obviously we all admire and love him for his actions and achievements.

But would be it be right to give him a contract given his age and where we are now? I don't think so. And just because I don't think so doesn't make me (or anyone else who thinks so) disrespectful. So I think you should stop getting your knickers in a twist and just accept that some may think he's not right for the club any more in a playing role. Furthermore, I'd rather remember him for all the great, legendary times he played for us as opposed to have that replaced by some bit-part appearance for about 10 minutes each game. 

Show some respect? Should we sign Izzet as well? People aren't slagging him off as a player, but anyone who seriously suggests this is anything other than a ludicrous and embarrassing suggestion cannot say a single word against our recruitment this summer and have a leg to stand on when doing so.

Drogba is still doing a good job for Chelsea at 36 surely Heskey could do a similar job for us.

Just... oh my god. This is painful.

i would also love to sign for leicester if the club were interested just thought id mention that and hope strings reads this and tells nige. i can play anywhere except in goal or left back cheers.

Archived