Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs' New Ground - Fire Destroys Nearby Building

Happens all the time on buildings in the way of developments, a listed building near where i live in northampton was demolished and the builder was taken to court and slapped with a 5K fine, his comments in court were best 5K he had ever spent in terms of potential profit.

• 3 years later...

Bump. Couldn't find any other threads about New White Hart Lane. They've released ticket prices for the new stadium today.

Bit lumpy! Cheapest ST is £795, but doesn't appear to be many of them available. Their much heralded new "wall of noise" Kop will set you back £ 995 for an adult ticket, or a whopping £ 52 a game!

They do get nice bars in the stadium though.....

[IMG]

[IMG]

Edited by stripeyfox

From Fighting Cocks

By the way, it's shocking how little of the stadium they've actually priced at the lowest price points. By my estimates, there are only 652 seats in the stadium priced at the lowest point of £795 for adults. That's a whopping 1.1% of the total 62062 seats. However, those 652 seats are all in the family area in the north-west corner, and are only available when purchasing along with a Junior ticket too! If you want a regular adult season ticket, £875 is the cheapest, and that is available in a grand total of... 1062 seats, or 1.7% of the stadium. Yes, I counted them up.

It pisses me off because taking away the numbers they’ve created something incredible and something that every future new stadium should aspire to be....Then they had to go and **** it up with the pricing.

They'll make more than enough long term and through what is clearly going to be a branded stadium (they’re not even trying to hide it, the hashtag is #newspursstadium, they called it new White Hart lane originally) 

Genuinely really annoyed me as they could have been the pillar for things goin forwards (great bars, great food, seating close to the pitch) but Levy has ****ed it up. 

Got Arsenal written all over it once they don’t spend enough in the transfer market! 

Edited by AjcW

amazingly reading the fighting cocks forum, there doesn't seem to be very much outrage about this pricing. Some are saying it's a big hike, but most on there seem to accept it's either decent value or at worst, the price they need to pay to "challenge" for the title!

94Spurs94 said: 
Reducing every seat by £150 would cost £9m. It's not make or break, and it's an investment in making sure things don't go to shit if you have a couple of bad seasons and the daytrippers **** off.

But if that £9m goes towards player bonuses, or Harry’s wages or even 1/4 of the next Davinson Sanchez it has to be worthwhile.
We are taking on massive debt so really I would hope that as much money as possible can be generated quickly to sustain our recent ambition / improvements on the pitch and where necessary keep players at the club.

Supply and demand. We could be London’s best club end of this season. 

They probably deserve £1000 season tickets to be fair....

Edited by stripeyfox

Probably doesn't have a ST, inexcusable. Almost all football fans would rather get to watch their mediocre team than listen about how good they are on the radio. I'll be surprised If I still follow us in 20 years time, maybe less.

"you I'm sure want us to be a top side, you I'm sure want us to sign top class players, you I'm sure want us to pay them top class salaries .... yet you only want to pay half the market price yourself? ... so exactly who's taking the piss?

This is a fair price for watching top class EPL / European football in a brand new London stadium ... get over yourself, either you pay or you stay away ... Spurs are a business they've just spent 800,000,000 to stay in our 'home' borough, they've built a stadium designed to be fan friendly ... that I'm afraid has to be paid for ....

We could have gone to Stratford, be watching football at an athletics track, yet only be paying 399 a season ... would you vote for that?

If you want to watch 20 quid football go to the Championship or League 1 .... not the same but if all you want is a cheap deal that's your option .... 

This is the EPL .... Yes it's feckin' expensive, but that's the nature of the product ... funny thing but you won't get a Bentley for a fiver either, that's just life ...."

"My point being that no, it doesn’t vault us into United’s financial stratosphere - but everything about this club’s identity has been about maximizing every single £. We have to be more efficient than any of the clubs around us. So, yes, I trust £15M in our hands to be worth £30M at another club...that’s what our success is built on. £15M a season turns into 2 Etinne’s which don’t live up to the standards required to claim a fixture in our XI but we sell for a profit to fund 4 like them who do the same and 10 years from now that cash funnels into 1 Sanchez with the potential to be the greatest in the world at his position.

Look - I wish we could all pay Spam prices and watch a treble winner, but it just ain’t happening. For us to realistically be in the category of top 10 clubs in the world and winning things it’s going to mean squeezing 120 pence out of every pound. The “Tottenham Way” isn’t going to die just because we have a new stadium - we have to be able to pay the debt of the stadium and training ground whilst also funding a top of the table squad. And, again given the sponsorship deficit we have, is going to require every £ we can scratch together.

We can’t rely on developing the next greatest #9 in the world in-house, buying the next greatest ACM/LW for under £10M, conjuring great fullbacks our of thin air, etc. etc. we’ve done a fantastic job of developing a world class squad for peanuts.

To be absolutely honest, it’s strange to see so many who implore the club and Levy to “take the next step” and “spend the money required” and who complain that it isn’t the “net spend league” throwing a strop when it comes time to put their money in the till. Lewis has shown for decades he’s not an Abramovich class sugar-daddy. If we want to play at this level the financial burden will be felt by the supporters. "

Seriously with clowns with opinions like this, it's no wonder football is fcked!

They actually think the £1000 is some kind of investment to win the league. You'd think Spuds fans would know better lol

15 hours ago, Wookie said:

Probably doesn't have a ST, inexcusable. Almost all football fans would rather get to watch their mediocre team than listen about how good they are on the radio. I'll be surprised If I still follow us in 20 years time, maybe less.

Radio? What year are you living in? 

6 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

"you I'm sure want us to be a top side, you I'm sure want us to sign top class players, you I'm sure want us to pay them top class salaries .... yet you only want to pay half the market price yourself? ... so exactly who's taking the piss?

This is a fair price for watching top class EPL / European football in a brand new London stadium ... get over yourself, either you pay or you stay away ... Spurs are a business they've just spent 800,000,000 to stay in our 'home' borough, they've built a stadium designed to be fan friendly ... that I'm afraid has to be paid for ....

We could have gone to Stratford, be watching football at an athletics track, yet only be paying 399 a season ... would you vote for that?

If you want to watch 20 quid football go to the Championship or League 1 .... not the same but if all you want is a cheap deal that's your option .... 

This is the EPL .... Yes it's feckin' expensive, but that's the nature of the product ... funny thing but you won't get a Bentley for a fiver either, that's just life ...."

"My point being that no, it doesn’t vault us into United’s financial stratosphere - but everything about this club’s identity has been about maximizing every single £. We have to be more efficient than any of the clubs around us. So, yes, I trust £15M in our hands to be worth £30M at another club...that’s what our success is built on. £15M a season turns into 2 Etinne’s which don’t live up to the standards required to claim a fixture in our XI but we sell for a profit to fund 4 like them who do the same and 10 years from now that cash funnels into 1 Sanchez with the potential to be the greatest in the world at his position.

Look - I wish we could all pay Spam prices and watch a treble winner, but it just ain’t happening. For us to realistically be in the category of top 10 clubs in the world and winning things it’s going to mean squeezing 120 pence out of every pound. The “Tottenham Way” isn’t going to die just because we have a new stadium - we have to be able to pay the debt of the stadium and training ground whilst also funding a top of the table squad. And, again given the sponsorship deficit we have, is going to require every £ we can scratch together.

We can’t rely on developing the next greatest #9 in the world in-house, buying the next greatest ACM/LW for under £10M, conjuring great fullbacks our of thin air, etc. etc. we’ve done a fantastic job of developing a world class squad for peanuts.

To be absolutely honest, it’s strange to see so many who implore the club and Levy to “take the next step” and “spend the money required” and who complain that it isn’t the “net spend league” throwing a strop when it comes time to put their money in the till. Lewis has shown for decades he’s not an Abramovich class sugar-daddy. If we want to play at this level the financial burden will be felt by the supporters. "

Seriously with clowns with opinions like this, it's no wonder football is fcked!

They actually think the £1000 is some kind of investment to win the league. You'd think Spuds fans would know better lol

Reading that makes me sad for this country. 

The Germans ****ing march if you put the beer they can take to their seat up by 20p.

We're so obedient and apathetic we'll shrug and pay anything and justify it with some capitalist rhetoric about business being business. 

I mean, **** business, its your club. I mean, I think most of the WHU fans involved at the weekend were just ***** after a ruck but at least they're standing up for themselves. 

I'd love to laugh at Spurs but if our lot did the same to us, I know we'd all begrudgingly pay it. Even the Against Modern Football UFS lot would pay for their ticket and turn up, they'd just moan on here about doing it. 

As would I. 

• Like 1