Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

How can a goal and an assist = 0 chances?

He scored a goal.

That is not creating a chance, that is scoring a goal, and it was a really good finish.

He did not get an assist, that's nonsense. 

Tbf Grewks hasn't been wrong about Nugent recently. What good has he done at all this season? 13 games, what contribution apart from a penalty?

Some criticisms have been harsh this season and it's been clear he has a vendetta against him BUT he has been poor and today was no different, I'll admit. 

Only reason we almost got something from the game, and the only reason we got a point against Burnley (goal and assist).

He has been a positive this season....We actually have a lot of positives but the morons on here wouldn't have you believe that.

James, Schlupp, Ulloa, Mahrez, Moore are not 100% away from being decent players at this level...just like Olsson, morrison, brunt etc were during the start of West Brom's Yoyo seasons.

We are so close to being a side capable of finishing anywhere from 11th-17th....

He was a great player for QPR's defence before that goal, did you not see him clear the stand behind there goal? And the header too when instead he could have set a goal up

Was there another player on the pitch whose every touch worked perfectly? No one is claiming he's a world class but he had a good game today.

If he hadn't scored his performance would be labelled a joke.

similar to his god awful performance vs burnley were a tap in got him a lot more credit than it should. he's really bad at footy. i didn't watch today and it's a pleasant surprise to hear he was one of our better players as far as he's concerned but it says it all (no joke) about the rest of the team really. 

I thought putting the ball in the opposition net was actually quite a good idea on his part.

Goals are such a small part of what happens in a football match. Football is about the ebb and flow of the game; it's about creating opportunities to score and outwitting the opposition. One really good goal shouldn't hide what was otherwise (in my view; and I have outlined pretty clearly why this is my view) a crap performance.

Wow, your a f***ing retard.

Crikey; you seem like a bright chap.

He scored a goal.

That is not creating a chance, that is scoring a goal, and it was a really good finish.

Only ulloa and vardy have been responsible for us gaining more points this season than Schlupp.....

similar to his god awful performance vs burnley were a tap in got him a lot more credit than it should. he's really bad at footy. i didn't watch today and it's a pleasant surprise to hear he was one of our better players as far as he's concerned but it says it all (no joke) about the rest of the team really. 

Tap in?

Well Vardy missed 4 tap-ins today then.

What about the assist for the Mahrez goal?

He scored a goal.

He crossed the ball that lead to Cambiasso's goal, admittedly Ulloa got a slight touch on the way.

http://www.goalsaim.com/qpr-vs-leicester-3-2-highlights-2014-premier-league/

Not being funny but if you didn't watch the game then your opinion is basically invalid. Listening to stringer on the radio will naturally give you the complete opposite oppinion to the majority who saw the game. And if you listened on another station then they probably didn't analysis individuals at all.

I think it's important to state that I don't have a problem with Schlupp's performances over the course of the season. A lot of the time he performs a function as an auxiliary left back and his pace is a threat.

But today I just can't see how anybody could have looked at that game before he scored a good goal and thought "yeah, that number 15's having a good game".

He crossed the ball that lead to Cambiasso's goal, admittedly Ulloa got a slight touch on the way.

http://www.goalsaim.com/qpr-vs-leicester-3-2-highlights-2014-premier-league/

The ball doesn't come to Cambiasso without Ulloa touching it. It's not an assist and it was the first and last time he got his head up today.

He scored a goal.

No but he did make a key contribution to Cambiasso's goal. Good run and good pass to put Ulloa in...

To be honest I thought most of our players were OK today. No-one was awful. No-one made a lot of mistakes.

We were OK but hamstrung playing a rigid 442.

Only ulloa and vardy have been responsible for us gaining more points this season than Schlupp.....

a complete coincidence, that's like me saying if we didn't drop nugent we'd still be winning games because that's where it all went wrong 

Tap in?

Well Vardy missed 4 tap-ins today then.

What about the assist for the Mahrez goal?

his goal against burnley was a tap in. i could've scored it. you could probably have scored it. the assist that was a deflected vardy cross? well done jeff great stuff. 

I want to like him but I don't. At least not as a winger. Literally all he has is pace. He can kick a ball past a defender and sometimes catch up with it before anyone else gets there. But that's all he can do. His control, passing, dribbling, crossing, shooting, composure, decisions, flair and creativity - all important if you're a winger - are all basically non existent.

His goal today was a fluke. Unless he has surpassed Christiano Ronaldo in his ability to control swerve and dip, then it was a hopeful punt that went in. If he tried that 100 times, he would miss the target 99 times. His 'assist' was a two foot sideways pass. He can do them, granted.

The lad is only 21, and might have a future as a left back perhaps, or as a winger in the lower leagues, but right now he is nowhere near good enough to keep his place on the left wing in a premiership side.

Babylon was spot on in the match thread. Schlupp is ALL instinct. Give him little time, so he don't have to think, he'll do something good. Give him time, so he does have to think, he'll look silly sometimes. I don't think he has much of a footballing brain if I'm honest. Autonomically, he's brilliant..fast, powerful, and pretty strong. Cognitively, the reverse.

IMO.

Babylon was spot on in the match thread. Schlupp is ALL instinct. Give him little time, so he don't have to think, he'll do something good. Give him time, so he does have to think, he'll look silly sometimes. I don't think he has much of a footballing brain if I'm honest. Autonomically, he's brilliant..fast, powerful, and pretty strong. Cognitively, the reverse.

IMO.

Spot on!

Here we go again, the hate Jeff Schlupp gets is getting beyond a joke.

For me he deserves to start week in week out, to say he is crap, can't pass a ball, and should be loaned out is a complete and utter joke. He has had a few off games this season like a lot of players, but he certainly hasn't been crap, he has put in some very good performances also. 

He played a part in the first goal today, and scored the second, fans should be appreciating that. Fans saying he was poor last week, miss placing passes etc... first half especially I thought he did well, I didn't see him miss place one pass, as the game went on he became quiet, but that isn't down to being shit, we as a team just didn't get him into the game, same can be said for the game against Newcastle. 

Scousefox to say he was shit against Burnley, is the worst thing I have read on this forum for a while, he & Mahrez were by far our best players that day, just take a look at the player ratings thread.

I've said this many times so far this season, despite missing that chance against Everton, when we brought him on we went up a gear. He performed well against Chelsea & Arsenal, was one of our better players against Burnley, kept Tadic quiet against Southampton, and played a part in the first today & scored the second. He has had a few poor games, while he hasn't featured in the other one's.

However comments about Jeff this season have frustrated me the most, people say I'm an idiot, but some of these comments in this thread are seriously idiotic. 

Whenever you talk to fans of other clubs hes one of the first names you get off them when talking about Leicester

He seems to have took to this League with the right attitude, add to that goals from a young player and you'd say hes doing well especially from a previous perspective of himbeing inconsistant and not having a set position. We have to take any positive we can at the moment, were in a position thats very hard to come out of

Goals are such a small part of what happens in a football match. Football is about the ebb and flow of the game; it's about creating opportunities to score and outwitting the opposition. One really good goal shouldn't hide what was otherwise (in my view; and I have outlined pretty clearly why this is my view) a crap performance.

Crikey; you seem like a bright chap.

Goals are the most important part of a football match. Results aren't based on chances created..or 'ebb and flow', are they?

Archived