Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

Been our best player this season IMO. Not sure there's a lot he could have done about the own goal. If you want him to get the ball he has to slide in, it's not like it's important to stay on your feet when trying to clear a ball as there's no-one to foul.

There is if you miss it and stick it in yur own net.

All this most solid player blah,blah were letting in almost 2 a game. Hes the captain and supposedly marshalling the defence. I admit the others don't help but it was the same last season but against weaker opposition it didn't matter so much.

Also, whilst not being the problem to our defensive issues, it would've been great if Upson was never crocked so we could at least see what he could do. I don't think lack of pace is necessarily a huge issue and his presence both attacking and defending set-pieces aerially is beyond anybody we've got.

I wasn't sure about Morgan stepping up but I've changed my mind. He isn't the best technically, but his strength is ridiculous. Hardly ever loses a 50/50. Blocks so much. He's a warrior. He isn't the problem.

He reads the game very well, hardly ever out of position and he's not as slow as people make out.

There is if you miss it and stick it in yur own net.

All this most solid player blah,blah were letting in almost 2 a game. Hes the captain and supposedly marshalling the defence. I admit the others don't help but it was the same last season but against weaker opposition it didn't matter so much.

He slid in because it was the only way of reaching the ball, as I've already pointed out. The choice he was faced with was simple: Leave the ball for their player to tap in or try and stop it from reaching him and 'risk' it being an own goal instead. Amazingly you seem to think 'certain goal' was the better option.

How does a player make good blocks but not be in a good position?

Surely if he was in a bad position he wouldn't be able to put his body in the right place to make the block lol ?

Why does everyone think Upson will be some kind of saviour for us?

He won't even last 45 minutes on his first appearance I'd say.

Also, whilst not being the problem to our defensive issues, it would've been great if Upson was never crocked so we could at least see what he could do. I don't think lack of pace is necessarily a huge issue and his presence both attacking and defending set-pieces aerially is beyond anybody we've got.

I think those two will be our defensive duo within a month. Cannot imagine Upson was brought in to not play.

He reads the game very well, hardly ever out of position and he's not as slow as people make out.

Agreed. He isn't perfect but he is good enough for a bottom half side.

i think the own goal wasn't completely his fault but it was a bit. there's own goals scored like that quite often but they're the type where a defender is under massive pressure and the cross is fizzed in and the defender gets a nick on it into his own net. the ball comes in with no threat and no pace on it and for some strange reason he's slid in and actually generated power on the ball to put it into our goal. unfortunate but very avoidable. 

he's been our best defender this year though, although that's not saying a great deal. 

don't really understand what happened yesterday with the OG. Completely his fault. Under no real pressure as the forward behind him wasn't close. If he stays on his feet then he just clears it back where it came from and into row Z. he does have a propensity to go to ground early to make a block (re Karl Henry when he was through) and also earlier when they broke through the middle and he just slid into the general area and their player went over him. there are times when going to ground in the six years box is effective but yesterday's incident wasn't one of them. Probably no communication from the 'rabbit in the headlights' keeper stuck to his line and wes just panicked. Shame as we were coping pretty well with the pressure up to that point. I know NP blamed the right side for allowing the cross but it wasn't a class delivery as it lacked pace. Wes should have dealt with it. He didn't. C'est la vie. Sh*t happens? he has done well this season despite my concerns.

He's been our best player all season so far. He's been solid at the back but he can only do so much.

The problem at the moment is the fact that we are being stretched all over the pitch and the ball is coming into our box far too much.

Its a lose/lose at the min. We play 4-4-2 and we can't defend then play 4-3-3 and we cant create enough.

I still think 4-4-2 is the best option and we just have to try and out score the opposition.

Are you retarded? Morgan has been pretty solid all season. If he didn't slide for the ball then the striker would have had an easy tap in anyway. If anything i would say Konchesky should have come in more and got goal side.

Morgan is one of the few players I think is a premiership player, he has been reasonably solid most of the season. The own goal was bad and he has had a couple of headers he should of scored if I recall correctly. Been our best player this season, although that isn't saying much.

Archived