Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

A lot of people coming to Morgan's defence on this thread, it makes me wonder how, if he is so good, our central defence is so crap...... :dunno:

I am undecided on this, like Schmeichel he is great in some respects but poor in others, he does not like going wide to tidy up behind his fullback and he does not dominate either physically or verbally.

I hate the way we are setting up defensively but I wonder if this is an attempt by NFP to shore up a defence whose back 3 is failing badly, supporting them by playing the full backs very narrow is not the answer, we are not short of numbers in defence, we are short of organisation and decisive play.

A lot of people coming to Morgan's defence on this thread, it makes me wonder how, if he is so good, our central defence is so crap...... :dunno:

I am undecided on this, like Schmeichel he is great in some respects but poor in others, he does not like going wide to tidy up behind his fullback and he does not dominate either physically or verbally.

I hate the way we are setting up defensively but I wonder if this is an attempt by NFP to shore up a defence whose back 3 is failing badly, supporting them by playing the full backs very narrow is not the answer, we are not short of numbers in defence, we are short of organisation and decisive play.

And when a cross comes in Morgan seems to throw himself at it like an inexperienced 10 yr old.e.g the stupid diving header against west brom and the silly slide against qpr( watch them again ) .can anyone really imagine a prem bid for morgan if we went down? Never happened when he was younger.would anyone seriously sign him if we didn't have him.surely if the answers no then he's not good enough now

And when a cross comes in Morgan seems to throw himself at it like an inexperienced 10 yr old.e.g the stupid diving header against west brom and the silly slide against qpr( watch them again ) .can anyone really imagine a prem bid for morgan if we went down? Never happened when he was younger.would anyone seriously sign him if we didn't have him.surely if the answers no then he's not good enough now

The answer's not "no" though.

I think most bottom half sides would be pleased to have him in their squad.

Morgan's been a rock, most blocked shots in the Premier League and apart from the OG hasn't put a foot wrong. The West Brom goal was just plain unlucky. Moore was responsible for 3 goals we conceded and was deservedly dropped but Wes and Was have been pretty solid overall. West Brom barely got a shot away and neither did Sunderland. The problems are coming from out wide, not down the middle.

Morgan's been a rock, most blocked shots in the Premier League and apart from the OG hasn't put a foot wrong. The West Brom goal was just plain unlucky. Moore was responsible for 3 goals we conceded and was deservedly dropped but Wes and Was have been pretty solid overall. West Brom barely got a shot away and neither did Sunderland. The problems are coming from out wide, not down the middle.

Yet we still can not defend set pieces, we look likely to concede almost every time, if we are that solid why is that the case? All down to the Keeper?

Secondly, if we play with our fullbacks as narrow as we have in the last few games, who is expected to stop the crosses? Mahrez? Seriously?

Absolute joke performance today, his non-clearances are costing us goals every single game.

Bright side is he's now facing a ban & we get the opportunity to not gift opposition awful headers to opposition rather than out or silly diving in non-clearances

Have not understood what people have seen in him since he came from Forest. He looks bang average. Moore is the only centre back we have who hasn't looked out of place... the keeper, the full backs and most the centre backs all have blunders in them, its horrible viewing.

Have not understood what people have seen in him since he came from Forest. He looks bang average. Moore is the only centre back we have who hasn't looked out of place... the keeper, the full backs and most the centre backs all have blunders in them, its horrible viewing.

:wes:

Best defender since he came to the club. Best defender this season. 

To not be so lapse was the better option.

Yeah so I don't think discipline was the problem. 

He wasnt too bad. Shocking error for the goal which i would blame more on the two midfielders being useless imo. No idea why he pulled Lambert down the useless twat cant even run at anything more than a walking speed.

What do you expect him to do with the first two on the stretch? Shocking error for the third, it happens. 

Really?  I was taught to steer the ball away from goal if on the stretch.  He set both of Liverpools goal up tonight then got caught trying to be clever and was rightly sent off.  Awful performance by a player not good enough week in week out for the Prem.

Awful today - the first was naive, could and should have just shielded it out, the second, I hope he just didn't get a shout because Konch would have cleaned that up if he let it run, and the sending off was stupid, he should have put his left foot through it and into the stand.

:wes:

Best defender since he came to the club. Best defender this season. 

Only my opinion, but I get nervous everytime the ball goes anywhere near our box, but then again, a goalkeeper who comes for no crosses doesn't help. You only have to look at the amount of goals we are conceding to see there is a problem at the back.

Maybe Upson will be our hero...

Archived