Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

I was disagreeing with everything and then I saw the author of the article, which explained a lot.

The whole website has been taking digs at Pearson since the summer, her in particular.

Instead of shouting down anybody one disagrees with as if that will solve the problem, we need to look at what  went wrong, how do we fix it, and who is the right man.

Firstly, what went wrong. Pearson badly underestimated the quality required to  challenge in this league. He hasn't been  here before so  you can cut him  some slack  for that. however, a lot of fans i know were saying, me included, back in april  we needed to sign  5 good quality players who could compete at the higher level. We'll never know whether Robinson refused player requests or if pearson said "i don't need anybody". What was obvious last  year to anybody  watching was we had an average defence and keeper. we had a midifeld that  played out of their skins for half the season,  and this masked the defensive problems because we were winning. At this level the midifield has been  found out and the defence has been left exposed.

as regards forwards, pace and pressing from the front meant that oppositions coughed up  the ball and we made the most of it. in the PL pace by itself is useless, teams have more skill and are less likely to give it up, and we aren't pressing as a team. we lose the ball and don't have the ability to force it off the opposition like last year.

all in all, we needed to  add to the squad, and pearson, ulloa apart, didn't do that.

in jan there's no point in spending 50 million, falling foul of PL FFP and then  getting relegated and doing a pimpey. We need 5 or 6 players that will fit the  plan  pearson has if he's still here. of course we'd like to  see quality players, but be honest  we're probably going to get some triers, maybe some player nearing the end of a contract where the club want the xfer money. i can't see us paying more than  5 mill for a single player. we'll end up  with the usual  suspects people in our position get. we've seen it season after season  with  struggling teams.

who is the right man to lead us. well that is the $64k question. Pearson is playing moneyball, he's got a team of statisticians and each week they pore over this data and mould a side accordingly (from what i have heard). That  clearly is not working, and we really need a little inspiration. it's a game of fine margins, but we aren't creating and missing a hatful of chances at one end, we have less than  50% possession in most games home or away, create very  little going forward, and we can barely keep  a clean sheet at the other. this is a recipe for relegation.

pulis's record speaks for itself, pearsons doesn't, nor do his moneyball  statistics. that  doesn't mean  i am not grateful  for his contribution to the club which is bigger than him or any of us.

i'm not an advocate for change, but if we're going to  do it, it should be done now, so a new man  can  assess and reorganize and buy in jan.

if we get to jan and he is still in charge then there's no point in changing at that time.

Pearson should get until week one in Jan and if no wins he should go. If we don't get someone in before the end of jan then there is no point. Pearson has been great for this club but I think he is just a little out of his depth in the premier league. Granted we don't have a strong enough team to compete this year currently but I don't think this can all be blamed on the DOF . Pearson doesn't strike me as the type of manager that would take a DOF saying no we can't afford or get certain players in the summer. I agree with one of the posts above and think he under estimated this league and thought the backbone of the team was strong enough. I would love to see pulls in by xmas as we would get the honeymoon period just when we have a good run of games coming agaisnt teams we could potentially get something from those games !!!!!!

Don't slate me I'm a fan that just wants the best for the club, which is premier league footy . We have waited 10 years for this lets not give up without a massive fight !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pearson should get until week one in Jan and if no wins he should go. If we don't get someone in before the end of jan then there is no point. Pearson has been great for this club but I think he is just a little out of his depth in the premier league. Granted we don't have a strong enough team to compete this year currently but I don't think this can all be blamed on the DOF . Pearson doesn't strike me as the type of manager that would take a DOF saying no we can't afford or get certain players in the summer. I agree with one of the posts above and think he under estimated this league and thought the backbone of the team was strong enough. I would love to see pulls in by xmas as we would get the honeymoon period just when we have a good run of games coming agaisnt teams we could potentially get something from those games !!!!!!

Don't slate me I'm a fan that just wants the best for the club, which is premier league footy . We have waited 10 years for this lets not give up without a massive fight !!!!!!!!!!!!

But you do allow Pearson, just like any other manager unproven at Premier League level, to first learn his trade and adapt to the new surroundings.

The sense of entitlement now goes as far as some fans desperately want to see us in the Premier League, when we first have to prove we belong to this place and that we can remain in this division on a sustainable basis.

The Director of Football was brought in to deal with transfers and contracts and Pearson had little to no say in it. He may be able to make suggestions, but that's about as far as he can go.

It is all too well-known that we missed out on a couple of potential transfer targets this summer with Robinson in charge.

You say it yourself: We've got to fight for our right to play Premier League next season, as well. Currently, the team doesn't strike me as one that is throwing in the towel already.

As for Pulis... Bleurgh. No guarantee he'd keep us up (he's living off his past pedigree) and his style of football doesn't suit us.

But you do allow Pearson, just like any other manager unproven at Premier League level, to first learn his trade and adapt to the new surroundings.

The sense of entitlement now goes as far as some fans desperately want to see us in the Premier League, when we first have to prove we belong to this place and that we can remain in this division on a sustainable basis.

The Director of Football was brought in to deal with transfers and contracts and Pearson had little to no say in it. He may be able to make suggestions, but that's about as far as he can go.

It is all too well-known that we missed out on a couple of potential transfer targets this summer with Robinson in charge.

You say it yourself: We've got to fight for our right to play Premier League next season, as well. Currently, the team doesn't strike me as one that is throwing in the towel already.

As for Pulis... Bleurgh. No guarantee he'd keep us up (he's living off his past pedigree) and his style of football doesn't suit us.

'Living off his past pedigree'???

He isn't currently in a job so what else can be be judged on?

It's also pretty recent not years back.

2 from 33 shows that our style doesn't suit the players.

I really can't work out why people are so sure Pulis would be a fantastic fit for us. Good manager that he is I just don't think our players are suited to his style.

This.

The squad would need a complete and utter overhaul to attempt the style of Rugby would want to play.

If we stick with Pearson and went down we'd be in a good position to come back up, if we appoint Tony Pulis we simply HAVE to stay up this season otherwise the whole thing will need tearing down and building up again and I think it's likely we'd be seeing a good few years in the Championship again.

In the football world Pearson is a busted flush. Who the hell would come to a club at the bottom of the league with a manager who it's obvious to all hasn't a clue about Premiership football ? No agent in his right mind would tell his players to come to this club in it's present state.

Come on I challenge anyone on here to come up with one good reason why any experienced top quality footballer would come to us in January ? It ain't going to happen end of.

For a city fan..you sure aint aware of citys past on transfers , evev under MON, and Gillies we never could entice proven top

players, only under Bloomfield, did we actually get proven, but still raw talented players, under MON, they were yet to stamp and prove their potential.Gillies took up and coming talent,and had an eye for something special also at the time not yet proven.Cross, Sjoberg, Dougan, Sinclair, THE GREAT Davie Gibson, and also so labeled Alan Clark etc, became 1st recognised in city colours.

Our youth scheme once the envy of other clubs over the years, was there and produced and realised young potential.

Today for reasonable money the pool of quality players is very thin.

You name 7 players that could, and would have come, that would have guarranteed survival....??

So easy to presume from the sidelines and criticise, with throw away statements.

Fans aren't happy with the current situation and given the situation that's not surprising. Wanting a change doesn't make you a child.

Abusing the manager does though. I agree that being disappointed with our situation, tactics, decisions and such does not constitute a sense of entitlement. But there are people out there who feel they deserve what they want so much that they feel they can attack the people who aren't giving it to them.

Really tiresome keep reading that the Tony Pulis is not good enough for this club or that his "playing style" won't suit the players we have at the club already. Utter poppycock!

Care to explain why?

People who don't want Pulis here have given their reasons whereas those who do want him here seem to just assume he'd do well. No explanation offered most of the time.

Really tiresome keep reading that the Tony Pulis is not good enough for this club or that his "playing style" won't suit the players we have at the club already. Utter poppycock!

I think it's a very fair point, just look at the comparison of our squad to the one's he was successful with at Stoke and Palace.

Certainly wouldn't just ignorantly brush it off as poppycock.

Care to explain why?

People who don't want Pulis here have given their reasons whereas those who do want him here seem to just assume he'd do well. No explanation offered most of the time.

Anyone is entitled to an opinion Harry. Just seems to me that some folk would rather watch losing football in the pursuit of perfection. Pulis has a track record of over achieving at all the clubs he's managed. If you don't like him, then fine! But don't come up with utter bullshit that the man ain't good enough.

I'm not at all bothered if we keep Pearson or get rid in all honesty, all I care about is Leicester City Football Club and how we can stay up. I've heard it from quite a good source but Pearson is staying and we will give him good money to spend in January. Let's just get behind him and the team for the rest of the season

Anyone is entitled to an opinion Harry. Just seems to me that some folk would rather watch losing football in the pursuit of perfection. Pulis has a track record of over achieving at all the clubs he's managed. If you don't like him, then fine! But don't come up with utter bullshit that the man ain't good enough.

That's barely a response to what I asked you. You made up the part where I said he wasn't good enough, I'm unsure his style would work with our players. The idea that I dislike the guy and have some prejudice against is made up. The idea that people want to watch losing football is also made up.

That's barely a response to what I asked you. You made up the part where I said he wasn't good enough, I'm unsure his style would work with our players. The idea that I dislike the guy and have some prejudice against is made up. The idea that people want to watch losing football is also made up.

I don't have to justify Tony Pulis's record as a manager. It speaks for itself. Most of the stuff I've read on here from the "anti" Pulis camp keep trotting out that his "style" is no good. Fine! Seems to have served him well though his career, don't you think? 

As for the losing football comment I made, that is self evident. How often do you read some of our fans keep moaning about "hoofball" after a loss? Don't seem to be so critical when this "hoofball" had just gained us 3 points as it has done on numerous counts during the past few seasons under Pearson.

Apart from one season at Palace does Pulis really have anything special on his CV?

Much as people point to Stoke is was a job where he spent colossal amounts of cash and ended up getting the sack.

I don't have to justify Tony Pulis's record as a manager. It speaks for itself. Most of the stuff I've read on here from the "anti" Pulis camp keep trotting out that his "style" is no good. Fine! Seems to have served him well though his career, don't you think? 

As for the losing football comment I made, that is self evident. How often do you read some of our fans keep moaning about "hoofball" after a loss? Don't seem to be so critical when this "hoofball" had just gained us 3 points as it has done on numerous counts during the past few seasons under Pearson.

Again, with the right players. I'm not sure he'd have them here.

Also, probably best not to mention Pearson's track record when making an argument against him.

Again, with the right players. I'm not sure he'd have them here.

Also, probably best not to mention Pearson's track record when making an argument against him.

I'll get you some vouchers from Specsavers for Xmas. I'm not making a case against Nigel Pearson. Am making a case for him AND Pulis but against the infantile arguments against any pass over 15 yards being termed "hoofball" or similar!

Swansea have spent nowhere near as much as Pulis did at Stoke yet play far better football than Stoke ever did, have won a major trophy for the first time in their history and remain a better side.

Pulis is good at building a workmanlike team out of players with limited talent, the Stoke side that came up in 2008 was terrible and the Palace side Holloway brought up was little better, whereas we have the potential to be rather more than that. If we're to replace Pearson, Pulis really isn't the answer.

I wonder what some of the people on here would say if Pulis took over another relegation-threatened side and failed to keep them in the Premier League.

"Unlucky"? "Glad he didn't come"?

There is a first time for everything. Pulis is risking his reputation big time with every new lower-table job he takes - that's what I mean when I say he's living off it (being a manager who never got relegated from the top division).

Ask yourself - would you give Pulis a job at a Top Six club in England? Chelsea? Manchester United? Manchester City? Liverpool? Everton? Arsenal?

Actually, I can imagine him take over at Hull. :D

Archived