Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Schmeichel out for a month

People are exaggerating Hamer's quality a lot here. Yeah, he's decent but nothing more.

But the best out of the 3 of them, I've already addressed that, he's not premier league quality but he's the best of a bad bunch, maybe you weren't aiming that at me but i'm just making my point again incase you are.

What I will say is Kasper is a very good Championship keeper, probably too good for the Championship, but jesus he's a car crash in the Prem.

• 2 weeks later...

"available in a week or so" according to Pearson. Straight back in?

Possibly, if Huth is playing yes. Without Huth, I wouldn't want to run the risk of Kasper sticking to his line and not dealing with even simple balls into the box, putting the CB pairing under unnecessary pressure.

I'd still prefer Hamer over either of them

He will probably get straight back in.

Pearson was clear that Kasper was the number 1 pick up until his injury before Hamer came in. Hamer has since fallen behind Schwarzer in the pecking order and Schwarzer has not been the most consistent performer himself so I can see Pearson picking Kasper ahead of him.

He's been of the weaker performers all season and one who has struggled with the step up, but Hamer falling out of favour and Schwarzer's form mean he is likely a first pick still.

Just to clear something up. Hamer isn't a better keeper than Schmeichel, that has been proven by their fellow professionals over the last two seasons. If fit Schmeichel plays.

Oh okay, glad you've cleared that up for those of us who disagree with you

Thank god for that, Schwarzer has already made about three mistakes & Hamer is just shit.

You really think that?

Kicking aside, which can be worked on, I think he's our best goalkeeper and it's a shame he was dropped.

Archived