Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

Personally think the formation we started with against Man City would suit Nugent better than it would Vardy and would like to see him start against West Ham.

Vardy managed to break once, sadly it was out wide but he did well and got a good cross in, sadly Schlupp hadn't kept up with him so the cross was easily salt with by City defence with no one pressing

Think it would suit Ulloa in some games, like West Ham where at the very least we need his height to defend set pieces and it would suit Nugent in others. He just links up with others better than Vardy and assuming he's not way out of form (he looked good Vs Villa) then he gives defenders a real game with his work rate too. & Vardy better off against tired legs later on in games

With the system we played Vs City we have the option to rotate depending on need

Personally think the formation we started with against Man City would suit Nugent better than it would Vardy and would like to see him start against West Ham.

Can't fault Jamie's work rate but he is not clinical enough. He's getting there slowly but at the end of the day strikers need to be scoring goals. I'd still go for Ulloa myself.  

Can't fault Jamie's work rate but he is not clinical enough. He's getting there slowly but at the end of the day strikers need to be scoring goals. I'd still go for Ulloa myself.  

You're right about Vardy's work rate but I felt he was flagging towards the end of the first half.

Everyone knows my opinion on nugent.. but I have to agree, he's a more natural finisher than vardy, personally I would play Col city Fan or even yourself upfront though, because the result will be the same with the service they are given, messi could stick a city shirt on and still not score...

If given the service, Nugent would be better than vardy... 

Vardy managed to break once, sadly it was out wide but he did well and got a good cross in, sadly Schlupp hadn't kept up with him so the cross was easily salt with by City defence with no one pressing

Think it would suit Ulloa in some games, like West Ham where at the very least we need his height to defend set pieces and it would suit Nugent in others. He just links up with others better than Vardy and assuming he's not way out of form (he looked good Vs Villa) then he gives defenders a real game with his work rate too. & Vardy better off against tired legs later on in games

With the system we played Vs City we have the option to rotate depending on need

Did you press the salt key by mistake

OK for cameos - but Nugent is not the answer in the premiership - he won't score in open  play.  Vardy is unorthodox and causes more problems.

ON balance I like having the 5 in Midfield b - but I would go with Ulloa to start for now (bring vardy on when the game is more stretched) - Ulloa has been the heart of our goals lately.

I know we all have a soft spot for King - but he really need to do two things - one work in the gym and bulk up ; and be prepared to shoot when he gets  the ball in the box....(not look for the pass...) - If Cambiasso, Drinky or James are out then OK - but if those are fit then they must be ahead of king.

If Nugent, or Vardy for that matter, is the answer to our problems at this level we truly are screwed and deserve to be back in the Championship next season.

Crikey

We've got what we've got... We're not playing Fantasy Football in the January window.

Else I'll just stick Ibramovich & Messi upfront

I still think Vardy is good enough for this level. I just hope he can find some form and get a goal. He's 1000 times more dangerous than Nugent is though, regardless of how long it's been since he scored. Nugent can leave in Jan for all I care. He's not up to it

From where I was sat Schlupp was all alone in the middle and Vardy's cross was a poor one. However the chance was created all through Vardy's clever turn and his speed.

The problem with Nugent leading the line in the Premier League is that he seems totally incapable of holding on to the ball. He's either easily brushed off it or his control evades him. We desperately need a new striker in January.

I don't think it's fair to call Nugent "cack" as he does offer something to the team. You can't deny that he runs his heart out for the team and clearly cares which does cause the opposition problems. I'm just not sure he can be as effective at PL level because the quality is that little bit higher. It's frustrating, I want him to be better than he is.

Why do people keep starting threads or make comments on threads about where nugent could fit it in, what formation suits him etc. Fact of the matter is he's an average championship player. He won't get a look in next season if we go down. Let alone this season. Yes he scored lots of goals last season. The majority penalties. Take the penos away he had an average season.

Why do people keep starting threads or make comments on threads about where nugent could fit it in, what formation suits him etc. Fact of the matter is he's an average championship player. He won't get a look in next season if we go down. Let alone this season. Yes he scored lots of goals last season. The majority penalties. Take the penos away he had an average season.

Do you want to take away his assists too? Nugent had a good season last year, the most productive of his career. He just isn't Premier League standard.

Archived