Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

Vardy running around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes won't get us goals in this league.

Apart from the Man Utd game he's looked bang average in every game and that's because defenders are just playing it around him.

All I hear every week is "oh so & so have got these at centre half, Vardy will have a field day" when we played Sunderland people on here were saying John O'shea and Wes Brown at the back Vardy will terrorise them. When in reality they hardly gave him a sniff.

Maybe he should watch a dvd of Paul Dickov. He knew how to run around but at least he finished his chances.

Vardy running around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes won't get us goals in this league.

Apart from the Man Utd game he's looked bang average in every game and that's because defenders are just playing it around him.

All I hear every week is "oh so & so have got these at centre half, Vardy will have a field day" when we played Sunderland people on here were saying John O'shea and Wes Brown at the back Vardy will terrorise them. When in reality they hardly gave him a sniff.

Maybe he should watch a dvd of Paul Dickov. He knew how to run around but at least he finished his chances.

Not sure if you watched, but Vardy did terrorise them many times, forcing Brown to make mistakes, and even their keeper.

I think Mr Walsh has his rose tinted glasses on because Vardy gives you 100% & had Brown & O'Shea on the run all game.

Vardys problem is if he pulls into a channel to get the ball no-one supports him to cross it into.

I don't know what game you watched but against Sunderland Vardy was bloody awful.

Vardy's touch is so poor and that's what has let him down in a lot of the games.

Nugent still has a lot to offer us in the prem, he was involved in every game when we were actually getting decent results against decent sides at the start of the season.

I think Mr Walsh has his rose tinted glasses on because Vardy gives you 100% & had Brown & O'Shea on the run all game.

Vardys problem is if he pulls into a channel to get the ball no-one supports him to cross it into.

If you don't believe me go and have a look at the match ratings from the Sunderland game.

Even vardy's biggest fan Dickov22 said he was garbage that day.

You're exactly right. We need to utilise those players and tge 3 in the middle is a must. So the man up front on his own needs to have a good work rate and decent control to link the play. Vardy and Ulloa only fulfill one of these criteria whereas Nugent fills both.

I dont disagree that he isnt top drawer Prem quality but neither is Vardy and the problem I see when we play Vardy is he's almost too direct with his play. Sometimes charging forward at pace isnt the best option but thats vardy's game.

We need to retain the ball more and I do think that Nugent could provide that up front until January when hopefully we'll get someone of genuine quality in.

I am of the opinion Nugent's problem is not a lack of pace, skill or all round ability, but more a psycological one. He's thinks he's trying, but he's not 100%. He avoids opportunities or the ball because he's scared of cocking it up.

Vardy's touch is so poor and that's what has let him down in a lot of the games.

Nugent still has a lot to offer us in the prem, he was involved in every game when we were actually getting decent results against decent sides at the start of the season.

I agree. Im going against the majority here. I STILL believe we look a more dangerous side when Nugent is in it.

I don’t agree. Vardy’s problem is that he has to create his own chances. He had one chance against Man City. He picked the ball up about 40 yards from goal and takes it into the penalty area. By which time the defender has recovered.  

You can only really judge Vardy’s goalscoring record by the amount of chances he takes or misses. I can’t remember the last time Vardy missed what I would call a good chance. He just doesn’t get good chances.

As I’ve said before, the problem with Vardy is that he wastes his time chasing down lost causes and defenders. This is great against lumbering Championship defenders, but is fairly ineffective in the Premiership.

His all round game is good but we need him to sacrifice some of this, and concentrate on just getting in the right place for a couple of tap-ins.

Nugent s not god enough for the Prem!! he proved that when he was younger. Yes he scored a lot of goals for us last season but what people are forgetting is that about 12 of them were penalties which were won by Vardy!!!

If he had not have scored all those penalties he would have had an awful goal scoring record last year!!!

Don't get me wrong I cant fault his work ethic and his effort but he just is not good enough any more!!!

Nugent s not god enough for the Prem!! he proved that when he was younger. Yes he scored a lot of goals for us last season but what people are forgetting is that about 12 of them were penalties which were won by Vardy!!!

If he had not have scored all those penalties he would have had an awful goal scoring record last year!!!

Don't get me wrong I cant fault his work ethic and his effort but he just is not good enough any more!!!

And Jamie Vardy would not of got the quarter of goals he had got if it wasnt for Nugent setting him up

I don’t agree. Vardy’s problem is that he has to create his own chances. He had one chance against Man City. He picked the ball up about 40 yards from goal and takes it into the penalty area. By which time the defender has recovered.

You can only really judge Vardy’s goalscoring record by the amount of chances he takes or misses. I can’t remember the last time Vardy missed what I would call a good chance. He just doesn’t get good chances.

As I’ve said before, the problem with Vardy is that he wastes his time chasing down lost causes and defenders. This is great against lumbering Championship defenders, but is fairly ineffective in the Premiership.

His all round game is good but we need him to sacrifice some of this, and concentrate on just getting in the right place for a couple of tap-ins.

Look at the chance he missed at QPR away.

You're right when you say he has to create his own chances and that's where his problem with his first touch lies. It often takes him away from goal or he gets tackled because of it.

There was an instance on Saturday in tr second half where had his touch been better he could've shot but it bounced off him and ran about 4 yards past him and the half chance was gone. All the top strikers in the league only need half a chance.

For me this is his biggest flaw in his game. He's great for us and I want him to succeed with us.

Look at the chance he missed at QPR away.

You're right when you say he has to create his own chances and that's where his problem with his first touch lies. It often takes him away from goal or he gets tackled because of it.

There was an instance on Saturday in tr second half where had his touch been better he could've shot but it bounced off him and ran about 4 yards past him and the half chance was gone. All the top strikers in the league only need half a chance.

For me this is his biggest flaw in his game. He's great for us and I want him to succeed with us.

Don't remember the chance away at QPR...?

I'm not defending his touch. It's not great. What I'm saying is that he's being used in the wrong areas. We need Vardy to be racing onto crosses and through-balls - that's what he's good at - not picking the ball up in midfield and trying to create something himself.

For his chance at Man city his first touch was actually sublime, and he tricked the defender and got through on goal. The problem is that he's having to do this 40 yards from goal! We need to get him in the penalty area doing this so that he can get a shot away.

Hopefully if we now continue to play 3 in midfield then Vardy will be allowed to push on forward, rather than wasting his time and energy closing down defenders who are good enough to just pass it round him.

Don't remember the chance away at QPR...?

I'm not defending his touch. It's not great. What I'm saying is that he's being used in the wrong areas. We need Vardy to be racing onto crosses and through-balls - that's what he's good at - not picking the ball up in midfield and trying to create something himself.

For his chance at Man city his first touch was actually sublime, and he tricked the defender and got through on goal. The problem is that he's having to do this 40 yards from goal! We need to get him in the penalty area doing this so that he can get a shot away.

Hopefully if we now continue to play 3 in midfield then Vardy will be allowed to push on forward, rather than wasting his time and energy closing down defenders who are good enough to just pass it round him.

He was one on one and hit it straight at Green. He should've scored. When you get chance look back on the highlights matey and you'll say yourself he should've scored.

He was one on one and hit it straight at Green. He should've scored. When you get chance look back on the highlights matey and you'll say yourself he should've scored.

ah yeah I remember now! Yeah perhaps. But it's not a great chance is it? It's not like he's missed a sitter. He's running at pace and he's outside the area (I think).

My point is that Vardy just doesn't get good chances.

Vardy only averages 1.3 shots per game. That's pretty shocking when you think he was our main attacker on Saturday. Matty James averages 1.1. There's something very wrong with that.

EDIT: Just for comparison Charlie Austin averages 3.4 shots per game, and Danny Ings 3.  How are we supposed to score goals if our defensive midfielder shoots as often as our main goalscorer?

ah yeah I remember now! Yeah perhaps. But it's not a great chance is it? It's not like he's missed a sitter. He's running at pace and he's outside the area (I think).

Vardy only averages 1.3 shots per game. That's pretty shocking when you think he was our main attacker on Saturday. Matty James averages 1.1. There's something very wrong with that.

EDIT: Just for comparison Charlie Austin averages 3.4 shots per game, and Danny Ings 3. How are we supposed to score goals if our defensive midfielder shoots as often as our main goalscorer?

From memory I think he was in the area but j remember at the time thinking that should've been a goal. Was a clear enough chance for me.

ah yeah I remember now! Yeah perhaps. But it's not a great chance is it? It's not like he's missed a sitter. He's running at pace and he's outside the area (I think).

EDIT: Just for comparison Charlie Austin averages 3.4 shots per game, and Danny Ings 3.  How are we supposed to score goals if our defensive midfielder shoots as often as our main goalscorer?

The one first half from the Mahrez assist? It was a great chance, would've made 2-1 straight after they'd equalised too.

Vardy should've scored at least once in that game.

From memory I think he was in the area but j remember at the time thinking that should've been a goal. Was a clear enough chance for me.

Well. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. It's not really the point, as you can't judge a player based on ONE single shot!

Most teams need around 9 shots per goal. This has been statistically measured:

http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/2010/08/game-on-goal-and-shot-ratios-in-epl.html

So, if Vardy is only having 1.3 shots per game, he's only going to score an average of 1 goal every 7 or 8 games or so.

So, the problem, is that he's not having enough shots. Joey Barton also averages 1.3 shots per game.  Why is Joey Barton getting as many chances as Jamie Vardy? Something is WRONG!!

None of our players are getting enough chances.. Even Ulloa only averages 1.4 shots per game.

From what I've seen of the forwards thus far.

Nugent.

Well out of his depth, just not premier league quality.

Wood.

Very little seen of him this season but when given a glimmer of a chance does not impress in the slightest.

Vardy.

Pacey but that is it, far to easily dealt with by defences at this level and does not yet look like improving.

Positioning is suspect too, remember for one of Ulloas goals he was off side but fortunately the linesman did not flag for interfering with play even though he was relatively near the ball.

Ulloa.

Our only real threat and other teams know this, still needs to learn how to fully utilise his talent and needs a partner who is also dangerous at this level.

all of our players seem scared to hit it, the amount of times they are about 20 yards from goal with a chance to shoot but square it to someone surrounded instead is annoying, not being afraid to shoot will also open up passing lanes, if teams know we won't shoot they'll just sit back and wait for us to try and go through them

Funnily enough I think that's Ulloa's problem. I think Ulloa is our best forward, but the big flaw with him is his positioning. He tries too hard to be something he isn't. He works every bit as hard as Vardy I think, but doesn't really have the speed to back it up.

I find it interesting that Brighton fans all said they gave him no service - but is it just Ulloa not being in a decent position to receive that service?

I'm not saying I want him to become Yakubu but he often overdoes it I think and it weakens our own attack.

Sorry to say but Nuge is not a quality or even low quality premiership player superb at championship and below but like I said sorry to say he can't cut it in the prem we need to bring in a hungry premiership striker who knows where the goal is and keeps going !

Nuge has been awesome for us in our promotion push and gaining our championship winning moment but he just hasn't and hasnt before stepped up to the plate in the prem and prove himself before when he had the chance !

We need to bring in someone who's hungry for success and a knack for finding the goal a Bony a Henry a ROONEY etc etc etc let's hope we can find this type of player in January and others to save our blushes and stop us being relegated back to the 2nd tier in our first year back in 10 years !!

But I have the faith in our team and I believe we can pull this off and finish just above the relegation spots !

Onwards and upwards and in NIGEL I still trust (for now) come on NIGE sort em out!!

Well. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. It's not really the point, as you can't judge a player based on ONE single shot!

Most teams need around 9 shots per goal. This has been statistically measured:

http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/2010/08/game-on-goal-and-shot-ratios-in-epl.html

So, if Vardy is only having 1.3 shots per game, he's only going to score an average of 1 goal every 7 or 8 games or so.

So, the problem, is that he's not having enough shots. Joey Barton also averages 1.3 shots per game. Why is Joey Barton getting as many chances as Jamie Vardy? Something is WRONG!!

None of our players are getting enough chances.. Even Ulloa only averages 1.4 shots per game.

If our game against QPR is anything to go by Barton is shooting every time he crosses the half way line

Archived