Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 0-1 Man City - Results & Man of the Match

Another Huge Swing for Pearson as Esteban Takes MotM Again

lcfcratings.wordpress.com

Saturday 13 December 2014, 15:00
Barclays Premier League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 0

Manchester City 1
Lampard 40'

Esteban Cambiasso won his fifth man of the match award this season and his third in four games after he marshalled an impressive midfield display in the narrow 1-0 defeat to Premier League champions Manchester City. Cambiasso, Drinkwater and King all played their part in keeping the Man City midfield of Nasri, Toure, Silva and Lampard relatively quiet, although the latter did manage to break away from his runners to nick what turned out to be the winner for Pellegrini's side. Riyad Mahrez was a consistent menace throughout the game earning him second place, while Ben Hamer impressed on his home debut to also make the top three with an excellent save from Toure one of the standout moments.

All eleven starters received marks higher than the 5.5 average, with Paul Konchesky the lowest-rated starter and substitutes Ulloa and Powell the only two to be rated below average. This probably reflects City's reduced attacking threat following the substitutions. The overall team performance matched the rating at home to Sunderland where City fans were given glimpses of promise, only for it to be swiftly removed in the games that followed. With a trip to West Ham to come followed by Spurs on Boxing Day, it's very difficult to see anything other than the same happening again.

On a positive note City fans did feel that Pearson got it right against Manchester City, achieving his highest rating since the 5-3 victory over Manchester United. The fickle nature of certain supporters seemed to be evident again, as there was a record 21% manager confidence swing turning in favour of the manager on this occasion. Meanwhile Man City only showed glimpses of what they are capable of and this was reflected in the mediocre rating they received, while Jonathan Moss and his assistants received the second lowest rating given to officials this season with only Craig Pawson in the last match at Villa receiving worse.

Full results below:

Total Votes : 219

LCFC Ratings Man of the Match : Esteban Cambiasso

1. Esteban Cambiasso : 7.13
  2. Riyad Mahrez : 6.96
  3. Ben Hamer : 6.92
  4. Danny Drinkwater : 6.57
  5. Andy King : 6.33
  6. Danny Simpson : 6.29
  7. Jamie Vardy : 6.28
  8. Marcin Wasilewski : 6.25
  9. Wes Morgan : 5.96
  10. Jeff Schlupp : 5.85
  11. (SUB) Anthony Knockaert : 5.68
  12. Paul Konchesky : 5.66
  13. (SUB) Leonardo Ulloa : 5.33
  14. (SUB) Nick Powell : 4.82

Team Performance : 6.29 (7/17)

Manager Performance : 6.60 (3/13)

Opposition Performance : 5.92 (9/17)

Officials Performance (Ref: Jonathan Moss) : 3.43 (16/17)

Overall Manager Confidence : 83.10% (+20.66%)

The manager confidence is pretty amazing really.

7th best team performance of the season. I'm going to assume another loss was voted higher (I'll guess Chelsea away) and Burnley at home, despite not losing, was voted lower.

Pretty fair ratings I'd say.

Konchesky isn't bad defensively. Looks like he knows what he's doing. On the ball however he is midtable Championship at best. Biggest hoofer in our team.

He kicks the ball out of play with nobody around him at least once per game. It is INFURIATING!

Was is also a nightmare on the ball.

Can belive Jeff has got such poor ratings he was one of our best players certainly better than most of the team, I think even if Jeff scored two and assisted with another he would get a poor rating

He got man of the man somehow v Southampton.

He didn't contribute much and was hauled off after an hour, what rating do you expect?

(For the record I rated him higher than usual this week just for not giving a goal away)

He kicks the ball out of play with nobody around him at least once per game. It is INFURIATING!

Was is also a nightmare on the ball.

You would rather him do that than try play a pass into midfield and lose it in a dangerous area. Predominantly his job is to defend, which he has done to a good level this season yet still gets abuse both on here and in the stands. I can't think of an opposition winger who has had his pants down in the same way that De Laet has had on the other side.

He got man of the man somehow v Southampton.

He didn't contribute much and was hauled off after an hour, what rating do you expect?

(For the record I rated him higher than usual this week just for not giving a goal away)

Exactly this.

He ended up in the top 3 for QPR and Liverpool and he was crap in both.

I thought he did fine on Saturday though. Far more switched on.

Can belive Jeff has got such poor ratings he was one of our best players certainly better than most of the team, I think even if Jeff scored two and assisted with another he would get a poor rating

Sorry to say that, but Jeff was a headless rider, running around aimlessly and losing the ball stupidly. Definitely not a good performance of his.

Archived