Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbobby

Formations

I'm basing this topic on the rumours that upson is about to be fit enough to play first team football and that Schmeichel is out for 6 weeks

has anyone contemplated that a good option might be to play 3 centre backs with 2 wing backs?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hamer

............Moore Upson Morgan

De Laet................................... Schlupp

...........Drinkwater Cambiasso

......................Mahrez

...................Vardy Ulloa

I think this would allow De Laet and Schlupp to get forward like normal and getting in there crosses but if they do loose the ball there is still adequate cover. There is still room to swap in James and Hammond in centre midfield role and swap in king and knockaert in the attacking midfield role.

Or there is the opportunity to play 3 in midfield without the attacking midfielder for the tougher games.

I would like to get peoples opinions on this and if they think this could be viable??

352 hasn't worked (well) in English football for about 15 years, an extra centreback doesn't even mean the defence will improve.

We're already struggling for chances so I can't see 352 helping.

The only problem I can see with it is in 2 weeks time we may have 3 or 4 different players.

So I would not see Nigel changing anything unless he is forced into it.

He may have a new formation when the new players turn up.

Right now Upson will feel like a new player.

352 hasn't worked (well) in English football for about 15 years, an extra centreback doesn't even mean the defence will improve.

We're already struggling for chances so I can't see 352 helping.

Gives the full backs more license to go forward though and I don't think that's a bad thing if you play Schlupp & De Laet.

I'd personally stick with 4-3-3/4-5-1 for now but I don't think 3-5-2 is that bad a bit for us.

my argument is that they have both done well going forwards this season but some times we haven't gone forward enough from the wings and created chances as they seem to be thinking if they are going to loose the ball there going to struggle to get back at least if they do there is cover. they De Laet and Schlupp both have pace to burn. Plus its a formation that new players could fit into.

my argument is that they have both done well going forwards this season but some times we haven't gone forward enough from the wings and created chances as they seem to be thinking if they are going to loose the ball there going to struggle to get back at least if they do there is cover. they De Laet and Schlupp both have pace to burn. Plus its a formation that new players could fit into.

We haven't been creating enough chances from the wings, so let's get rid of our two dedicated wingers and replace them with two arguably out of form players who will have to continue to create that impact whilst also protecting the defence from the crosses which are causing us so much difficulty at the minute? No thanks.

Mahrez & Schlupp aren't exactly bombarding opposition with crosses though. Mahrez is more a cut in and thread a player through type of wide man, he suits Vardy more than Ulloa.

Schlupp just doesn't really do what he should do often enough.

Hamer

Simpson Moore Was schlupp

Powell Cambiasso knockhaert

Mahrez

Vardy Ulloah

Using Simpson and Schlupp for pace on the wings let's hope schluppy takes his scoring and crossing boots !!

And giving Mahrez a free rein to run at their defence Powell gives that other attacking factor in midfield with Cambiasso marshalling from centre of the midfield !!

Or we could just park our bus in defence and go for damage limitation and come away with a point and who knows a cheeky winner from a mahrez break ??!!

But let's just wait and see on Saturday what NIGEL has in store for us !!

COME ON YOU FOXES !!

I want us to go 352 as I think that would suit us best and I think Konchesky would be brilliant in the LCB role

Hamer

Moore Wasyl Konch

RDL King Hammond Cambiasso Schlupp

Ulloa Vardy

play that away with Mahrez/Knocky in for Hammond in home games

4-1-4-1 I feel would have been our best bet from the off if we had a striker who could play it really well, although Ulloa could possibly.

Drinkwater and James could behave as they did last season with Cambiasso behind them, and the third central midfielder offers a bit more room for wingers to drift in and out. Mahrez would be able to drift into a support striker role when attacking on the right side of the pitch. You could have Albrighton whipping crosses in on one side and Mahrez threading passes through or drifting in for the link-up on the other. 

Hamer

De Laet

Morgan

Upson

Konch

Cambiasso

Albrighton

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Ulloa or Vardy depending on opposition.

Archived