Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Away v West Ham 2014 Post Match 2-0

I can't even explain why we are so shit. I mean, we know we have weaknesses, but the run we are on is inexplicable. Especially for a side with the potential that 102 points and beating Man Utd and outplaying Arsenal would suggest.

I can't believe the season has a foregone conclusion already.

Outplayed Arsenal lol

I'm resigned to relegation but fearful we'll get a 6-0 hammering soon too. We have nothing going forward, we are sterile and just not good enough in all departments. This isn't just a tweak here and there, it's gone, it needs an overhaul and a fresh approach. NP needs to change things and quickly. He cannot continue to believe in what he is doing he needs to admit he has got things wrong and embrace change.

I haven't posted for ages but now's the time. I think that's it, we're down. The question is do we let Pearson rebuild or do we want to try a different approach? Someone with Prem experience to use the parachute money wisely and have a chance of keeping us up if we return? The latter is not an inevitability, of course. 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

As bad as Swansea. Normally there's something to hold on to, but today we looked freshly promoted from League 2. Can't expect any upturn in form while we can't recruit players though. Good work, Terry.

Maybe he was in charge of recruitment but his influence on our capitulation has been blown massively out of proportion.

This squad has been mismanaged woefully by Pearson. Being adrift of Burnley tells you all you need to know.

I just don't understand how people can continue to defend Pearson as manager after that. We are an embarrassment to Leicester and to the Premier League. Disgraceful all over the pitch with consistently bad team selection and tactics. We need a manager with Premier League experience and contacts who can attract players in January. Enough is enough, he has been given enough chances. Pearson WILL NOT keep us up. Get rid.

I'll defend Pearson when people criticise him for things that are out of his hands.

Again it's stupid mistakes letting us down. Konchesky's been getting away with those all year, and before that (the likes of Schmeichel bailing him out at Leeds against McCormack), and yet he still hasn't learnt his lesson. I don't know what Nigel is supposed to do - we all misjudged the squads ability to step up, and once the team get out there, he can't stop stupid mistakes happening. Again, we weren't outclassed, we shot ourselves in the foot by overplaying it in the final third and making sloppy mistakes at the back. It's scant consolation, but it does at least suggest we can turn it around with a little bit of care.

Again...why do you think I reply..? STOP MAKING DAFT EXCUSES..we have amassed 2 points from 36... We were outclassed. It's about scoring goals, they scored two, we scored nil.

In fact, I've had enough..ignore..and quick!

Having been there we really weren't that bad. Konchesky gave them one, the second was a good goal, other than that there was little in it. Staying up looks unlikely but no need to go stupid.

Playing wise Schlupp, Drinkwater, Wasilewski the pick, Mahrez particularly poor.

and he has a proven track record of not being able to turn around a poor run of form. This is the first time I have ever felt not bother about City losing that's how Nigel's tatics have made me feel

Didn't we run away last season after a dodgy first third?

I can forgive Pearson a lot, especially this season as it is his first full stint in the Premier League.

Once more, we started off brightly, only to be undone by an individual error.

How is it Pearson's fault that from game to game, a different player ****s it up and the whole team has to pay for it?

Same comments from me every week, we're just not good enough and we are going to have to rely on our opponents having a really bad day for us to get anything.

Our opening results flattered us, we weren't great then either apart from a 20 minute spell against United.

I'm not convinced the owners will spend in January, will they risk spending when we will probably get relegated anyway.

We need to somehow win one of the next 3 games to convince the owners there is still hope.

Didn't we run away last season after a dodgy first third?

I can forgive Pearson a lot, especially this season as it is his first full stint in the Premier League.

Once more, we started off brightly, only to be undone by an individual error.

How is it Pearson's fault that from game to game, a different player ****s it up and the whole team has to pay for it?

ok I give in its nothing to do with Nigel at all - so why do we need him then?

I can't even explain why we are so shit. I mean, we know we have weaknesses, but the run we are on is inexplicable. Especially for a side with the potential that 102 points and beating Man Utd and outplaying Arsenal would suggest.

I can't believe the season has a foregone conclusion already.

Among all the moaning and replying to the moaning, there is a good debate to be had about it

No one can tell me the players hadn't earned the chance, we're the best promoted team for quite a few years and yes we may not have a squad full of Premier League players like relegated teams going back up like West Ham, QPR etc,... but christ those players were good together

And aside from us actually weakening the left side through not replacing a player we failed to retain, but we should have enough to be competitive

There is no explanation as to why these players are falling so short

Sure, the club failed to land the second forward Pearson obviously felt he wanted, but that alone can't be it?

The players just aren't up to it and quite frankly it's baffling how they could fall so far

Again...why do you think I reply..? STOP MAKING DAFT EXCUSES..we have amassed 2 points from 36... We were outclassed. It's about scoring goals, they scored two, we scored nil.

He was actually very accurately describing what happened today. Without those individual mistakes, which cost us dearly so far and which are forced by a different player each match, we'd be laughing to the bank and be above the relegation zone.

How can the players Pearson puts his trust in and which he instructed and set out to follow his game plan, come up with such fatal errors?

We weren't outclassed by the opposition, we were once more our own worst enemy by coming up with some of the most embarrassing schoolboy errors.

Maybe he was in charge of recruitment but his influence on our capitulation has been blown massively out of proportion.

This squad has been mismanaged woefully by Pearson. Being adrift of Burnley tells you all you need to know.

Hard to say, really. Two or three cooler heads might have made all the difference these past few weeks. I'll get more worried about the manager if we bring in a few players where we're struggling and still can't remotely look like turning it around.

I've put you on ignore you utter mongol. If you don't want to see my posts then put me on ignore. 

I'm not making daft excuses - it's clear each week we aren't far off, but we are acting like our own worst enemies: look at it - Koncheskys awful back pass, Simpson being completely asleep vs Man City, Moore giving Clark room to run and Schlupp ignoring Hutton. They aren't unavoidable goals, they are goals where we've ****ed up and where a bit of alertness and a bit of care would have seen them avoided. Likewise the promising situations break down because, when given room on the edge of the box, we try to work it, and work it, and work it, trying to score the perfect goal rather than just having a pop. It's over elaborate at the top, stupid at the back, and we're losing because of ourselves, not the opposition. 

so in your view what impact did Pearson have on last seasons success. Because the basis of your argument means he did not ?

Well he could build a squad that had the required ability to get out of the league, he probably gave whoever dealt with recruitment a list, then shock horror bought the players on the list.

Guest LCFC_World

We took to many risks at the start of the season. Here they are :

- Sticking with the players that got us here

- Letting Lloyd Dyer go and not signing a replacement

- Giving unneeded players a contract extension

- Not signing any premier league experienced players

NONE of these risks have payed off , what does that say. Whoever is in charge of contracts and recruitment is to blame.

Being bottom at Christmas is almost like relegation is confirmed, so we may as well stick with Nigel, as he is the gets man to get us back up.

I don't care what you say , our LONG TERM future looks good, and I would rather be in this position than nearly going in to administration and being in financial trouble.

Among all the moaning and replying to the moaning, there is a good debate to be had about it

No one can tell me the players hadn't earned the chance, we're the best promoted team for quite a few years and yes we may not have a squad full of Premier League players like relegated teams going back up like West Ham, QPR etc,... but christ those players were good together

And aside from us actually weakening the left side through not replacing a player we failed to retain, but we should have enough to be competitive

There is no explanation as to why these players are falling so short

Sure, the club failed to land the second forward Pearson obviously felt he wanted, but that alone can't be it?

The players just aren't up to it and quite frankly it's baffling how they could fall so far

No it isn't..

The club, like many on this forum, grossly underestimated the quality of the Premiership.

We made very average signings (and I include Cambiasso in that).

We do not have enough quality at the club.

Why do you think the Thais are now panicking and promising spending? They know we are fooked.

Archived