Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ZeljkoKalac1

Midfield minus Esteban

Did anyone else notice that Drinkwater and King looked like much better players when Esteban went off? They seemed to have so much more confidence, kept the ball better and certainly didn't look out of place as they did in the first half. We almost looked like the City of last season.

They did seem to play with a bit more freedom. That said, we were 2-0 down against a team who'd won the game. I think the whole team looked OK for the last 15 because they knew they'd lost a game they were always going to lose, and so started to play a bit. 

I thought King defended well when the subs were made.

I also noticed how deceptively fast King is. Valencia was running at full pace and King kept up with him with ease.

Some people write him off but i think he's been a good addition the past 2 weeks... We have been a different side with him and drinkwater back in the side! He would always be in my starting 11.

Also think we need to look at the defence in Jan we are weak there and they are letting stupid mistakes in that are leading to too many silly goals... I would also look at changing captin, I don't think wes deserves it

And people slate nuge but when he plays he works hard! And gives it his all

The problem with Cambiasso is where does he fit? At the moment no-one is really sure. He certainly has an effect on Drinky's game.

Or Drinkwater is just totally out of his depth.

Cambiasso is head and shoulders above Drinkwater and King in terms of decisions, touch, vision and range of passing. King can run a bit but doesn't really fit into the side at the moment. Drinkwater has yet to prove he is up to the Premier League. James must be gutted. Can't see he's done much wrong. Maybe he's just not Pearson's 'type of player'. Along with Moore and a number of others, seemingly now including Leo 'apparently not as good as Vardy' Ulloa.

Cambiasso is head and shoulders above Drinkwater and King in terms of decisions, touch, vision and range of passing. King can run a bit but doesn't really fit into the side at the moment. Drinkwater has yet to prove he is up to the Premier League. James must be gutted. Can't see he's done much wrong. Maybe he's just not Pearson's 'type of player'. Along with Moore and a number of others, seemingly now including Leo 'apparently not as good as Vardy' Ulloa.

Cambiasso is a class act but he doesn't have the legs like King or Drinky so its just trying to get the balancing act right.

James is quality for me but he was abysmal against Villa so can understand why he was dropped

Should have signed Cattermole instead

I'd spunk our transfer budget on him, would enable so much more from everyone else too. No chance of us getting him though, one of the PL players of the season so far

239EE64200000578-2855168-image-12_141738

Cambiasso however, disappointing as hell. Awful in a midfield 2, largely ineffective in a 3.

He's Undroppable though :/

Archived