Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pearson: Continue To Believe

Nigel Pearson insists he has “broad enough shoulders” to cope with speculation over his future asLeicester City manager.

The Foxes remain marooned at the bottom of the Premier League table, having lost 2-0 to West Ham at Upton Park on Saturday.

With the club currently five points from safety and without a win since September 21, several reports have suggested that Pearson’s position could be under threat, but he insists that he is unconcerned by such talk, despite conceding that “it’s certainly not a time to brush away” Leicester’s problems.

“Managers are always under pressure and it’d be a bit naive if I sat here and said everything’s rosy,” he told reporters. “Managers are always going to be under pressure and when you’re in a run as difficult as we’re in, I think it’s pretty inevitable that there will be speculation. I’ve got broad enough shoulders to deal with that.

“What is important is that I continue to work in the way I believe is correct for us. I won’t lose any sleep over speculation.

“I know that our owners are very decent people and they will ultimately make decisions that they feel are right for the football club. I don’t really fear that side of management; it’s what you have to deal with. I’ve been in difficult situations before, be it at this football club or others, and what you have to deal with is the good times and the bad times.

“We’re in a difficult situation and my job is to try to find the solutions.”

The travelling Leicester support sang Pearson’s name throughout the clash in east London, and the Foxes boss has called on those fans to stick behind the team, regardless of their poor form.

“It’s not really about managers, football fans and supporters, regardless of players and managers who come and go, their team is still their team. What is important is that our fans stay behind the club and, more importantly, behind the players. Managers come and go and managers have to understand that there is a point where situations become more and more difficult.

“As I’ve said before, I shan’t be losing a great deal of sleep over that. That’s not being flippant, I have to make sure I focus on the job. I have to prepare the players for the next game, which we’re very capable of winning.”

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has enjoyed contrasting fortunes to Pearson, with the club safely entrenched in the top four ahead of Christmas Day, but has called on Leicester to remain patient with 51-year-old.

"None of Nigel Pearson’s players let him down,” he told the BBC. “They gave everything and when we went 2-0 up they caused us some problems.

“He is a very good manager and he has proved that. I hope the club are patient with him and give him some funds to spend in January."

Pearson is staying. Deal with it. The players don't want him gone, the backroom staff don't want him gone and the owners believe and like him and are giving him the January transfer window. The people inside the club have 100% confidence in Nigel and the sooner you accept it the sooner you can get behind your team and manager.

So everybody inside the club is wrong but we should just go along with them?

Childish.

Can only be polite for so long.I've seen enough of your pro Pearson bollox now your the worst for it.live into now.I don't care what he's done I care about now and its far from good enough so he should go.get that into your thick head.

Bit harsh! Someone's opinion differs from yours and you go on like that!? We could all tell people to get 'something into their thick head', but then I think the majority of people like to put points across, debate matters and talk things through. Oh, and well written English, people tend to do that also!

Bit harsh! Someone's opinion differs from yours and you go on like that!? We could all tell people to get 'something into their thick head', but then I think the majority of people like to put points across, debate matters and talk things through. Oh, and well written English, people tend to do that also!

It's forum and I'm on a touchscreen that just loves autocorrect and I ain't check-in overall r my english,i wouldn't do it for an exam,so i ain't doing it on here.and no not harsh,sick of his posts against anyone anti Pearson.

It's forum and I'm on a touchscreen that just loves autocorrect and I ain't check-in overall r my english,i wouldn't do it for an exam,so i ain't doing it on here.and no not harsh,sick of his posts against anyone anti Pearson.

Give backing up your point of wanting Pearson sacked a try rather than snapping at folk that want him to stay. That could hold more weight, probably won't with me though.

Give backing up your point of wanting Pearson sacked a try rather than snapping at folk that want him to stay. That could hold more weight, probably won't with me though.

**** me is Pearson not bAcking up my point for me.it's been months and no matter how much we go on losing,he's still licking his bean bag.I've bit my tongue and I 'll bite it no mores.

**** me is Pearson not bAcking up my point for me.it's been months and no matter how much we go on losing,he's still licking his bean bag.I've bit my tongue and I 'll bite it no mores.

Well, no he isn't. He continues to try and do the right things for the club, still has the players giving him 100% and the majority of fans backing what he is trying to do. I'd rather you address points like, what happens if we bring someone in that signs big money players and we still go down? What if a new manager goes 10 games without a win? What if they can't get the best out of the players we already have?

or

Will you still be here demanding him out in May if we stick with him and he's pulled off keeping us up? Does his amazing work of balancing our books and breaking records last season literally mean nothing to you? Do you not believe he could still help grow the club even if we do go down?

I didn't.

You probably didn't want Levein sacked.

If you were old enough I'd imagine you'd have supported both McLintock & Taylor, especially Taylor as we were once top of the league.

Sorry but I'm still ****ing angry after today's performance.

I will be abusing Konchesky until the end of the season.

Well, no he isn't. He continues to try and do the right things for the club, still has the players giving him 100% and the majority of fans backing what he is trying to do. I'd rather you address points like, what happens if we bring someone in that signs big money players and we still go down? What if a new manager goes 10 games without a win? What if they can't get the best out of the players we already have?

or

Will you still be here demanding him out in May if we stick with him and he's pulled off keeping us up? Does his amazing work of balancing our books and breaking records last season literally mean nothing to you? Do you not believe he could still help grow the club even if we do go down?

Live for now.I'm grateful for last season but i 'll never take to the bloke.No room for sentiment.any other club would be rid by now.if we were the best last year then why are we by far the worst now.qpr I can maybe forgive but to be behind burnley on points and progression is unforgivable

One excuse that people keep using is 'we haven't been turned over by anyone yet. Small margins'

Etc Etc

It's rubbish- good teams know when to close a game out. West Ham did it today. Man City did it last week, Liverpool did it. And so on. If these sides needed more goals, they would simply have upped a gear or two, and got them.

Live for now.I'm grateful for last season but i 'll never take to the bloke.No room for sentiment.any other club would be rid by now.if we were the best last year then why are we by far the worst now.qpr I can maybe forgive but to be behind burnley on points and progression is unforgivable

I understand what you are saying with the whole "live for now" thing, but the point I was trying to make is if we do just "live for now" as a club, we could see manager after manager getting it wrong. I think the appeal for most fans wanting to stick with Pearson is the stability and the proof he can bring success. He has progressed us as a club and I believe that given time he can continue to do that. Great leaders don't just "live for now" they plan for the future. In 3 years time we could well have been relegated and promoted again with Pearson at the helm and a team full of exciting young footballers. Would you take that? Or would prefer to stay up under Pulis, with a team full of physical beasts, only for him to move on and leave us with a team that's incapable of playing any other way than the Pulis way? In which case we could end up sliding down the leagues again over 3 years?

I understand what you are saying with the whole "live for now" thing, but the point I was trying to make is if we do just "live for now" as a club, we could see manager after manager getting it wrong. I think the appeal for most fans wanting to stick with Pearson is the stability and the proof he can bring success. He has progressed us as a club and I believe that given time he can continue to do that. Great leaders don't just "live for now" they plan for the future. In 3 years time we could well have been relegated and promoted again with Pearson at the helm and a team full of exciting young footballers. Would you take that? Or would prefer to stay up under Pulis, with a team full of physical beasts, only for him to move on and leave us with a team that's incapable of playing any other way than the Pulis way? In which case we could end up sliding down the leagues again over 3 years?

Far too many if buts and maybes.live for now means sack Pearson whose shown he's not good enough,and give some one else a go.could be better couldn't be much worse.

Far too many if buts and maybes.live for now means sack Pearson whose shown he's not good enough,and give some one else a go.could be better couldn't be much worse.

Ah ok. So a manager that has literally re-built a club, exceeded expectations and righted the wrongs of previous managers isn't good enough? And even if the new bloke that comes in isn't much better....well, at least it isn't Pearson?

So glad our owners are very successful at what they do. If they were betting men, I think they would study the form of a horse and bet accordingly. Not just close their eyes and stick a pin in the paper.

Ah ok. So a manager that has literally re-built a club, exceeded expectations and righted the wrongs of previous managers isn't good enough? And even if the new bloke that comes in isn't much better....well, at least it isn't Pearson?

So glad our owners are very successful at what they do. If they were betting men, I think they would study the form of a horse and bet accordingly. Not just close their eyes and stick a pin in the paper.

10 points bottom of the league says this season they are not succesful at what they do,and definatly says no he s not good enough.

If you'd like to have a look at our last 9 permanent managers other than Pearson, you'll see that it can in fact be much, much worse.

Your 'live for now' philosophy would have led to us sacking him at the end of 2012/13 and missing out on one of the best seasons in our history. It's the kind of philosophy that would have seen us sack Martin O'Neill before he got going. Or that would have lead a Man United fan to throw up a 'ta ra Fergie' banner. It's the kind of short sighted view that would see us throw everything we've been building for the last three years. I could understand wanting to get rid of a manager who has spent a decent amount of time at a club and shown no signs of moving it forward, but I can't understand wanting to get rid of one who has done nothing but take said club forward. It's just utter madness.

If you'd like to have a look at our last 9 permanent managers other than Pearson, you'll see that it can in fact be much, much worse.

Your 'live for now' philosophy would have led to us sacking him at the end of 2012/13 and missing out on one of the best seasons in our history. It's the kind of philosophy that would have seen us sack Martin O'Neill before he got going. Or that would have lead a Man United fan to throw up a 'ta ra Fergie' banner. It's the kind of short sighted view that would see us throw everything we've been building for the last three years. I could understand wanting to get rid of a manager who has spent a decent amount of time at a club an

d shown no signs of moving it forward, but not wanting to get rid of one who has done nothing but take said club forward. It's just utter madness.

You wrote all that and I just say where are Southampton and where is Nigel Adkins.

Well, no he isn't. He continues to try and do the right things for the club, still has the players giving him 100% and the majority of fans backing what he is trying to do. I'd rather you address points like, what happens if we bring someone in that signs big money players and we still go down? What if a new manager goes 10 games without a win? What if they can't get the best out of the players we already have?

or

I have to say, I thought West Ham worked harder than us today. In fact, I was shocked by how much more effort they put in than us for the first hour.

And there have been other games on this run when I would say the same.

The players back Pearson. But I'm not convinced that somebody else couldn't get them to work harder.

Archived