Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pearson: Continue To Believe

I have to say, I thought West Ham worked harder than us today. In fact, I was shocked by how much more effort they put in than us for the first hour.

And there have been other games on this run when I would say the same.

The players back Pearson. But I'm not convinced that somebody else couldn't get them to work harder.

They did work harder than us in a pressing sense. Sometimes our system doesn't allow us to 'show' our hard work. I think our concentration levels this year have had to be sensational and clearly they haven't. I don't see that as not giving Pearson 100%, I see that as them struggling at this level. Something which I'm sure, given time, Pearson would rectify.

You are only as good as your last day at the office,anyone ho doesn't live by this philosophy will never achieve.we are in this league,but not for much longer.a job is to build and get better on that front so far everyone as failed.

So anybody that has an off day or struggles to adapt to something immediately is destined for failure? I disagree in a huge way! And you're right, a managers job is to build and get better. Pearson has been doing that from day one. He is up against an obstacle, I believe he will overcome it, you don't think he will, ultimately it doesn't matter as its on the owners to decide.

If you'd like to have a look at our last 9 permanent managers other than Pearson, you'll see that it can in fact be much, much worse.

Your 'live for now' philosophy would have led to us sacking him at the end of 2012/13 and missing out on one of the best seasons in our history. It's the kind of philosophy that would have seen us sack Martin O'Neill before he got going. Or that would have lead a Man United fan to throw up a 'ta ra Fergie' banner. It's the kind of short sighted view that would see us throw everything we've been building for the last three years. I could understand wanting to get rid of a manager who has spent a decent amount of time at a club and shown no signs of moving it forward, but I can't understand wanting to get rid of one who has done nothing but take said club forward. It's just utter madness.

If we'd have sacked him in April 2013 plenty of managers would have fancied their chances of going up that season. And if we'd sacked and replaced him the summer after then the club, with its new manager in place, would still have been favourites for promotion.

When you look at our previous managers over the past fourteen years, it's worth remembering that this spell represents the worst spell in our club's history. It's not representative of our club's whole history, nor is it representative of what has happened to clubs of a similar stature to us over the same time period.

It's also worth remembering that we have suffered from poor investment, and indeed financial collapse during this period. The managers that enjoyed healthy budgets were Taylor, Allen, Pearson and Eriksson. One of those managed to achieve what was expected of them. But Adams, Bassett, Levein and Kelly did not enjoy a good budget, so it's hard to make a comparison with them.

In truth we're talking about Pearson having been better than Taylor, Allen and Eriksson. Nobody else is relevant. And one of those managers was our worst ever manager, another was fired after four games. So, really, we're saying that Pearson is better than our worst ever manager, and also Sven Goran Eriksson. It's not as spectacular an accolade as you make out.

You are only as good as your last day at the office,anyone ho doesn't live by this philosophy will never achieve.we are in this league,but not for much longer.a job is to build and get better on that front so far everyone as failed.

Oh right. QPR are better than Man United.

So anybody that has an off day or struggles to adapt to something immediately is destined for failure? I disagree in a huge way! And you're right, a managers job is to build and get better. Pearson has been doing that from day one. He is up against an obstacle, I believe he will overcome it, you don't think he will, ultimately it doesn't matter as its on the owners to decide.

Day? Or 3 months.can't be arsed now been on here far too long surely I got better things to do.lcfc were here before Pearson and will be here long after.

If we'd have sacked him in April 2013 plenty of managers would have fancied their chances of going up that season. And if we'd sacked and replaced him the summer after then the club, with its new manager in place, would still have been favourites for promotion.

When you look at our previous managers over the past fourteen years, it's worth remembering that this spell represents the worst spell in our club's history. It's not representative of our club's whole history, nor is it representative of what has happened to clubs of a similar stature to us over the same time period.

It's also worth remembering that we have suffered from poor investment, and indeed financial collapse during this period. The managers that enjoyed healthy budgets were Taylor, Allen, Pearson and Eriksson. One of those managed to achieve what was expected of them. But Adams, Bassett, Levein and Kelly did not enjoy a good budget, so it's hard to make a comparison with them.

In truth we're talking about Pearson having been better than Taylor, Allen and Eriksson. Nobody else is relevant. And one of those managers was our worst ever manager, another was fired after four games. So, really, we're saying that Pearson is better than our worst ever manager, and also Sven Goran Eriksson. It's not as spectacular an accolade as you make out.

Pearson had to cut costs and with the poor manner in which Sven invested the only significant money we spent before promotion. He had practically no investment when he got us up from League One and 5th in the Championship, I don't see why we can't compare that run at the very least to the other managers we've had during the period.

I also think it's more sensible to look at the quality of appointments made by these owners (Sousa, a silly appointment in that he was determined to go with a style of football that didn't suit the players at his disposal at all - Sven who just liked throwing money at agents really - and their only competent appointment Pearson who it seems was brought in as a result of strong recommendation from people who'd worked under him before), and thinking about whether we'd be better off sticking with Nigel who when given a full season has never failed to match our expectations or seeing what else they have up their sleeve to save us.

And being 'still being favourites to win the league' (which we weren't and wouldn't have been) means **** all, he won it convincingly, odds are any appointment wouldn't have been able to pick them up after the play-off heartbreak and achieve as much.

So what?

Where are Blackburn? Where's Sam Allardyce?

But the point's a valid one. Nigel Adkins, Tony Mowbray, Mick McCarthy, Aidy Boothroyd, Phil Brown, John Gorman, Danny Wilson, Nigel Adkins, Brian McDermott, Alex McLeish, Micky Adams, Roy Keane, Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle, Billy Davies... there are plenty of managers who did fantastically well in the second tier, but who you wouldn't dream of going near if you were in the slightest bit ambitious. Pearson looks certain to join the list, whether we happen to love him or not.

Pearson had to cut costs and with the poor manner in which Sven invested the only significant money we spent before promotion. He had practically no investment when he got us up from League One and 5th in the Championship, I don't see why we can't compare that run at the very least to the other managers we've had during the period.

I also think it's more sensible to look at the quality of appointments made by these owners (Sousa, a silly appointment in that he was determined to go with a style of football that didn't suit the players at his disposal at all - Sven who just liked throwing money at agents really - and their only competent appointment Pearson who it seems was brought in as a result of strong recommendation from people who'd worked under him before), and thinking about whether we'd be better off sticking with Nigel who when given a full season has never failed to match our expectations or seeing what else they have up their sleeve to save us.

And being 'still being favourites to win the league' (which we weren't and wouldn't have been) means **** all, he won it convincingly, odds are any appointment wouldn't have been able to pick them up after the play-off heartbreak and achieve as much.

I agree with you, Mark, for the most part. But there is a very good reason why clubs aren't queueing up for our manager, which is that he has generally done what was expected of him at well-resourced clubs. He had to sell players in the summer of 2008, but he also inherited one of the two stand-out squads in that division, and by far the biggest wage budget. In the context of our past fourteen years, he's been a single diamond in a mountain of crap, but it's important to remember that - in the wider context of football over the past fourteen years, or even in the wider context of our whole history - he has been a largely decent, rather than an exceptionally good manager.

I would stick with him, unless a golden opportunity presents itself as an alternative. But I would not argue for a second were he to be fired. When you set him against the backdrop of standard top flight hirings and firings, he'd thoroughly deserve it. Indeed, with the benefit of hindsight it looks quite likely that those of us who, six games back, said that we thought NP would turn things around were in the wrong. And no new manager could have done any worse than him.

That's hindsight for you. But what has happened has happened. As much as I'd love Pearson more than anyone else to be our man, it looks like I was wrong to think he was.

Players need a kick up the arse!

Letting the manager down big time!

I've plus one'd that but on reflection they're trying their best, but simply not good enough, not their fault really, they are just not good enough, end of.

We were wrong to have faith in the players.

I've plus one'd that but on reflection they're trying their best, but simply not good enough, not their fault really, they are just not good enough, end of.

We were wrong to have faith in the players.

Worse squads have stayed up. Albeit with a lot more hard work and managerial shrewdness. 

We don't look anything like a grafting, tireless side to me. Games slip by us. And our manager has been anything but shrewd.

Hopefully that won't prove to be the difference between Burnley, whose squad looks significantly weaker than ours on paper, and us.

But Pearson didn't have to play Konchesky ahead of Schlupp at LB, or Schlupp ahead of 2/3 alternatives on the left wing, or De Laet ahead of Simpson at right back, or Vardy (who has never been able to play the lone forward role) ahead of Ulloa (who has, and has scored six times more goals than Vardy and cost £8m), or spend a week focusing on crossing in training (according to Shakespeare) only to end the next game with two target men and no wingers on the field.

These are the errors of an amateur.

Sorry lost belief in Pearson and his players, talk a good game, but nothing has changed in so long.

Same stupid mistakes, same talk we can get out of it, and same excuses when we lose yet again.

I can say today, I am not enjoying watching city, and we looked so far off competing in the premier league, I just want this season to end.

Also, I get the Loyalty to Pearson I really do. He has done MASSIVE things for City, no doubt about that. But Xmas 2003 we had 16 points (6 more than now) and every City fan in the land wanted Adams strung up

We still ended up getting relegated in 2003, so what's the point in emphasizing the difference of six points?

And Adams kept his job for another couple of months following relegation, didn't he?

Only threw in his towel due to the poor start to the new season coupled with the financial constraints at the time.

Not quite the same compared to today, is it?

Even if we should get relegated again, Pearson would have an entirely different setup behind him/to build on. Financially, we're also on solid ground (unlike the years following administration and the Mandaric takeover).

pearson should be thanked for what he has done  , and he has done a good job. but he is clearly out of his depth in the premier..he has no plan b or when he had the chance in the summer didnt buy enough quality to move forward.

people need to ask themselves this..am i a pearson fan or a leicester fan...one will be around forever whilst the other wont.

10 points bottom of the league says this season they are not succesful at what they do,and definatly says no he s not good enough...

... in the eyes of overeager fans with little to no patience who desperately see Leicester's constant existence in the Premier League as a given.

If only it was that easy.

WILL NEVER HAPPEN

I'm sure Sunderland fans were saying the same last season. It's going to be incredibly difficult, and history isn't on our side, but we're still just a couple of wins off with half the season left to go. It's not impossible to get out of it, but we need to start turning things around, and cut out these silly mistakes.

Anyone that thinks pearson is 'da man' is deluded. A crack pipe smoking monkey would do a better job than pearson.

He is an arrogant person and i would not be surprised if the thai's are too scared to sack him....(ooops again).

Whilst Konchesky made a massive mistake today, I cringe when people start saying they are going to abuse him for the rest of the season. Perhaps we should start abusing Vardy for the number of chances he's missed or Kasper for some of his howlers. Morgan hasn't been without fault and the midfield anonymous in some games. Yeah Konch isn't the greatest ever left back, but just like others, has made mistakes.  

It won't matter **** all what Burnley do if they get relegated as it currently stands.

Goes to show that even though Burnley will get relegated they have both a squad and manager who are both more up for it and more clueless then our current lot.

Edit - The Schlupp/Konchesky debacle has got to go down in prem history of one of THE WORST there has ever been and the fact that 'lord pearson' cannot or wont see past that is a travesty. 

Archived