Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pearson: Continue To Believe

Whilst Konchesky made a massive mistake today, I cringe when people start saying they are going to abuse him for the rest of the season. Perhaps we should start abusing Vardy for the number of chances he's missed or Kasper for some of his howlers. Morgan hasn't been without fault and the midfield anonymous in some games. Yeah Konch isn't the greatest ever left back, but just like others, has made mistakes.  

He is one of the worst left backs I have ever seen at this level. And De Laet is one of the worst right backs. It's impressive that we've got both of them playing for us at the same time. Especially when there are actually viable alternatives for us in both positions.

If there was one thing we all expected from this season is that no matter where we finish that it will be above burnley.they've got a bit more spirit about them and a manager who as adapted better than ours.

Not really. As long as we finished 17th, I couldn't care if Burnley won the league. It's pointless dwelling on their performances.

He is one of the worst left backs I have ever seen at this level. And De Laet is one of the worst right backs. It's impressive that we've got both of them playing for us at the same time. Especially when there are actually viable alternatives for us in both positions.

That's not the point I'm making - I don't see abusing a player(s) for the rest of the season will have any beneficial effect on either the player or the team. There's a clue in the word supporter in what you are supposed to do. Like I said, Konch isn't brilliant, but others make as many mistakes as he does. Apart from running around getting booked, I have yet to see what Vardy has offered the team over this recent dreadful run, yet fans chant his name as though he's some goal machine.

Not really. As long as we finished 17th, I couldn't care if Burnley won the league. It's pointless dwelling on their performances.

How is it pointless? The club's we came up with as champions are the ones we judge ourselves against now.and we as champions are far worse than runner up and play off winner.

How is it pointless? The club's we came up with as champions are the ones we judge ourselves against now.and we as champions are far worse than runner up and play off winner.

Being champions doesn't guarantee anything. The last two have gone down, the one before survived on the last day. The play-off winners in recent years have been the best performing promoted side, Swansea, Palace and West Ham all finished highest. We aren't unique.

Well thats not the case anyway is it at the moment we are 20th last,so it's very relevant right now.

No, it's not. We're all starting from scratch again in the Premier League and QPR have acquired a lot of older, former PL players for £££.

And Burnley are riding on a high at the moment.

We only finished ahead of them two thanks to a late surge last season, we were all pretty close to one another for 2/3 of the campaign.

If you think that finishing 1st in the Championship comes with the prerogative of automatically finishing ahead of 2nd and 3rd once we all meet in the Premier League again, I suggest you take a look at the PL tables since 1992.

No, it's not. We're all starting from scratch again in the Premier League and QPR have acquired a lot of older, former PL players for £££.

And Burnley are riding on a high at the moment.

We only finished ahead of them two thanks to a late surge last season, we were all pretty close to one another for 2/3 of the campaign.

If you think that finishing 1st in the Championship comes with the prerogative of automatically finishing ahead of 2nd and 3rd once we all meet in the Premier League again, I suggest you take a look at the PL tables since 1992.

Burnley are hardly 'riding on a high' themselves are they? Couple of points above us? They'll go down I think.

Regarding QPR acquiring older players for ££ well who?

Fer aint old. Neither is Caulker, or Isla. Who do you mean?

Burnley are hardly 'riding on a high' themselves are they? Couple of points above us? They'll go down I think.

Regarding QPR acquiring older players for ££ well who?

Fer aint old. Neither is Caulker, or Isla. Who do you mean?

Three wins and two draws in ten games is "riding high" compared to other teams near the relegation zone at the moment, especially given the increasing gap between top and bottom half of the Premier League.

Not just this season, but in the past few years QPR have signed Green, Ferdinand, Hill, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Kranjcar, Henry, Dunne and Zamora - all 30 years old or even past that now. And none of them is on the cheap side, be it transfer fees or wages.

Nigel Pearson has to go back to basics.. Let Ulloa, Moore, king and Knocky start. They did well at the start of the season and have looked good coming off the bench. Swap Konchesky with RDL too and see how we get on. Either way.. I don't think we should sack Pearson.. We don't know what is happening behind closed doors but Terry Robinson getting the sack must mean something. Let's at least back him until the board choose to get rid of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three wins and two draws in ten games is "riding high" compared to other teams near the relegation zone at the moment, especially given the increasing gap between top and bottom half of the Premier League.

Not just this season, but in the past few years QPR have signed Green, Ferdinand, Hill, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Kranjcar, Henry, Dunne and Zamora - all 30 years old or even past that now. And none of them is on the cheap side, be it transfer fees or wages.

Yes, but last season and even this summer, QPR were being openly CRITICISED on here for spending money on 'old has-beens'. Now you're saying that's an advantage?

lol

You really must be one of the most contrary posters on the forum. Make your mind up...

Why one more game? What does that matter when sport is a results industry? We've got 2 points from 36. Is that not bad enough?

It's a "result industry" especially in the eyes of impatient fans, in particular during bad runs.

Or do you see fans popping up with this redundant term when their teams are doing well? I bet you were saying the same last season when we achieved automatic promotion. :D

Make your mind up - where do you see City finishing this season and why? And don't go around changing your mind again after a new sets of results.

Yes, but last season and even this summer, QPR were being openly CRITICISED on here for spending money on 'old has-beens'. Now you're saying that's an advantage?

lol

You really must be one of the most contrary posters on the forum. Make your mind up...

Like I said in another thread, we can come to a proper conclusion once the season's finished and see where we, QPR and Burnley are in the table.

You're laughing now - but will you be laughing in May, too?

QPR were rightfully criticised for spending massive money on wages and transfer fees because it is a non-sustainable approach to club financing and detrimental to FFP.

We're still awaiting the results from the committee looking at our numbers from last season and those from the clubs that got promoted alongside us.

The only one who's contrary on here for the sake of it on a regular basis is good ol' Col who usually sits on the fence, taking the mick out of people with an opinion by claiming the opposite, then reverting to the opposite of the opposite (either "I always told you that" or "where did I say that?"). That's all you do - week in, week out. :thumbup:

It's a "result industry" especially in the eyes of impatient fans, in particular during bad runs.

Or do you see fans popping up with this redundant term when their teams are doing well? I bet you were saying the same last season when we achieved automatic promotion. :D

Make your mind up - where do you see City finishing this season and why? And don't go around changing your mind again after a new sets of results.

No it simply is a results industry. End of. Where do you see us finishing, and why? Don't fence-sit, give us your view.

Archived