Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Positives of being in the championship.

No positives.

Why are people even talking about the Chamionship like they are already excited for it? It's plain weird. Do Leicester fans generally lack ambition?

Why are people saying: 'Stick with Nige because he will be better in the championship'? So ****ing what? Not bothered how good Nige is in the championship, Im bothered how good he is in the Premier League.

No positives.

Why are people even talking about the Chamionship like they are already excited for it? It's plain weird. Do Leicester fans generally lack ambition?

Why are people saying: 'Stick with Nige because he will be better in the championship'? So ****ing what? Not bothered how good Nige is in the championship, Im bothered how good he is in the Premier League.

There are times when you have to wonder.

I was watching the Forest v Leeds game earlier. So much more entertaining to watch than the Premier League, I don't care what anyone says!

I know what you mean to an extent. But in reality it was shite. Half empty stadium and a bunch of has beens, Prem failures and kids aimlessly losing possession.

No positives.

Why are people even talking about the

Chamionship like they are already excited for it? It's plain weird. Do Leicester fans generally lack ambition?

Hallelujah! Well said that man!!!!

Knowone wants to go down obviously but it will take a miracle to stay up now so let's try and think of some positives. 1. See more wins 2. Easier to get away tickets. 3.The plastics will disappear. Can anyone think of anymore?

Yeah we should get past xmas before we see threads like this but talking about div 1.

So would be a bonus.

Can we be relegated by easter and start playing championship games pleeeeeeeeaasssssse

The thrill of the Championship is that one of 15 teams could genuinely win the league each season. That excites people because you have the chance of playing Premier League football. Once you get here it's not so fun.

When relegated what's the fun in trying to return to the Premier League where you've just had a rubbish experience? That's likely why clubs rarely return in the first season.

I for one won't be renewing my ST (5yrs) if we go down, I just won't find it much fun.

We can compete and 'give it a go' at that level? :dunno:

Our players are at their level might be one reason for that though, I had faith in them, I thought they'd be good, I thought they'd step up, I was wrong, they've let us and themselves down. Saying that I suppose it's not their fault they're not good enough.

There was a thread that was basically the same as this last week.

There are no positives.

Shit clubs, with shit little 12 year old chav fans that will invade this board rather than the respectful, decent ones you see coming on now like the West Ham lads that came online, the Sunderland fans that came on etc

Half empty stadiums with apathetic crowds.

Games that are "entertaining" for all the wrong reasons, like being littered with mistakes, surrendering possession cheaply, shit pitches like Blackpool and Bournemouth where its bobbles aplenty.

Your club being viewed, quite rightly as what it is: a Premiership reject that couldnt cut it with the big boys, a rabble of bang average players whos results barely raise an eyebrow outside of Leicester.

Ive not even made a single point about the financial damage.

Game after game after game after game after game, and barely any quality.

And absolutely no guarantees of coming straight back up. Or for a long long time either. And if its a long, long time, the whole team will have to be rebuilt and probably under about 4 different managers.

The championship is absolutely shit, and if wed have made a good fist of it this season, youd have been laughed at for saying anything other frankly.

The thrill of the Championship is that one of 15 teams could genuinely win the league each season. That excites people because you have the chance of playing Premier League football. Once you get here it's not so fun.

When relegated what's the fun in trying to return to the Premier League where you've just had a rubbish experience? That's likely why clubs rarely return in the first season.

I for one won't be renewing my ST (5yrs) if we go down, I just won't find it much fun.

You open your post describing "the thrill of the championship"

and then you say you wont renew your season ticket if we go down, because it wont be much fun.

Bit of a paradox.

We'll have the squad to be capable of returning, and an added bit of experience which should stand us in better stead. Also, we're not going down with a set of players in their final year of contract or a couple of months from retirement, so we shouldn't have to rebuild completely, which is what made us stay out in the wilderness for 10 years.

Archived