Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Positives of being in the championship.

We'll have the squad to be capable of returning, and an added bit of experience which should stand us in better stead. Also, we're not going down with a set of players in their final year of contract or a couple of months from retirement, so we shouldn't have to rebuild completely, which is what made us stay out in the wilderness for 10 years.

Fook that!

If When we go down yes we will have a team capable of returning, they've done it before at a canter, I hope they can do it again, no reason why not, but should we make an instant return I want these players no-where near the Premiership again (Not with us anyway), they can be fringe, bit-part players but I do not want these players playing regularly in the Premiership for us, they are no good at this level, even with this experience you talk of.

Probably the most difficult thing is getting promoted from the Championship. Leeds/Notts Forest/Ipswich...etc are all big clubs that havent been able to do it for so long and there is nothing positive about being there. Yes we may win more games, but its the big wins that you remember the most like the United game. I would take survival in this league over championship winners anyday

Probably the most difficult thing is getting promoted from the Championship. Leeds/Notts Forest/Ipswich...etc are all big clubs that havent been able to do it for so long and there is nothing positive about being there. Yes we may win more games, but its the big wins that you remember the most like the United game. I would take survival in this league over championship winners anyday

If we go down that counts for nothing.

I won't remember this season for that. I'll remember it for getting beat every week and being depressed every week.

No positives.

Why are people even talking about the Chamionship like they are already excited for it? It's plain weird. Do Leicester fans generally lack ambition?

Why are people saying: 'Stick with Nige because he will be better in the championship'? So ****ing what? Not bothered how good Nige is in the championship, Im bothered how good he is in the Premier League.

This

This

And more this

If we go down that counts for nothing.

I won't remember this season for that. I'll remember it for getting beat every week and being depressed every week.

I'll remember both for sure but I'll only happily talk about one of them lol

That may be true and we all know how competitive the Championship is. But the teams you've mentioned have one disadvantage - they haven't been in the top division for years, if not decades and thus haven't profited or don't profit from the financial benefits like us (should we get relegated in May). And once they were relegated (especially in the case of Leeds), they maintained an excessive wage bill that ultimately cost them dearly.

That may be true and we all know how competitive the Championship is. But the teams you've mentioned have one disadvantage - they haven't been in the top division for years, if not decades and thus haven't or don't profit from the financial benefits like us (should when we get relegated in May). And once they were relegated (especially in the case of Leeds), they maintained an excessive wage bill that ultimately cost them dearly.

As for maintaining excessive wage bills, well i'd be interested to see what the players who have signed new contracts are on, i'm abit concerned they signed such long ones and whos signed them because as i've said they should (In theory) give us a good crack at coming back up but I don't want these players anywhere near the team if we do bounce straight back up.

We can't be centimental, we have to be ruthless, I have confidence these players could get us back up (Concerning again as I had faith these players would be good enough for the Premiership, I was wrong) but they are no good at the higher level, we'd need to build a new team post promotion, there is no saying we will bounce straight back though, easier said than done.

I just hope there are clauses in the contracts that players have signed that means they'll drop their wage when they get us relegated.

As for maintaining excessive wage bills, well i'd be interested to see what the players who have signed new contracts are on, i'm abit concerned they signed such long ones and whos signed them because as i've said they should (In theory) give us a good crack at coming back up but I don't want these players anywhere near the team if we do bounce straight back up.

We can't be centimental, we have to be ruthless, I have confidence these players could get us back up (Concerning again as I had faith these players would be good enough for the Premiership, I was wrong) but they are no good at the higher level, we'd need to build a new team post promotion, there is no saying we will bounce straight back though, easier said than done.

I just hope there are clauses in the contracts that players have signed that means they'll drop their wage when they get us relegated.

human-centipede-trailer.jpg

Yep should definitely avoid that route.

Does ANYONE really want to go back down to the Championship? After ten, many gruelling years in the second flight, people are already resigned to this again?

:xmasblink:

I'm ashamed to be a City fan sometimes.

I don't. I want to stay up for as long as we can. It's a massive shame we are ballsing this whole thing up.

Does ANYONE really want to go back down to the Championship? After ten, many gruelling years in the second flight, people are already resigned to this again?

I don't. I want to stay up for as long as we can. It's a massive shame we are ballsing this whole thing up.

But it's not like people couldn't consider or expect such a scenario beforehand, could they?

Besides, with the monetary benefits that we would receive upon relegation, we'd start from a different financial and sportive basis with a presumably better squad than in all the years in between 2004 and 2011.

No one wants it, but its a case of me trying to tell myself, trying to fool myself in a way of softening the blow.

I know it's easy to be knee jerk and make sweeping statements at times like these but I honestly can't remember being this pissed off and depressed, even at our lowest lows, even our relegation season to league one I don't think I was, like I said perhaps i'm just being melodramatic and making a sweeping statement.

I think i'm finding it hard to accept like you have said it's took us 10 years to get back here and the mess those players are making of it is so disheartening.

In an ideal world I'd never want to go back. Unfortunately some are already resigned to going back and have virtually sealed our fate already. Maybe it's the downside of being a Leicester fan but I'll always have the hope things will turn around and our fortunes will change. The last 10 years, overall, pretty much have been hell in my lifetime of supporting Leicester. We've all waited so, so long to get back here and I find it astonishing people are purposely finding reasons for wanting to go back to the depths of the Football League.

In an ideal world I'd never want to go back. Unfortunately some are already resigned to going back and have virtually sealed our fate already. Maybe it's the downside of being a Leicester fan but I'll always have the hope things will turn around and our fortunes will change. The last 10 years, overall, pretty much have been hell in my lifetime of supporting Leicester. We've all waited so, so long to get back here and I find it astonishing people are purposely finding reasons for wanting to go back to the depths of the Football League.

I'm not so sure it's people wanting to go back, more people are resigned to going back because they haven't got the belief that NP and his staff can turn it around. The quality just isn't there on the pitch, and dare I say in the management?

We can still stay up. Look at all our fixture list. We have majority of the easier teams at home now. Yes we may get battered away from home still at the like of United, city, arenal but we can still beat teams like Villa, QPR, Hull, Newcastle, West Ham even Southampton. I'm much more confident we can beat anyone at home! Plus hopefully our form has turned and we can nick wins/Draws at Burnley, West Brom and Sunderland

Keep the faith!

No positives for me.

If we get relegated we will have a squad next season comprised largely of players who didn't cut it in the Premiership. If we were to be promoted again many of those players would most likely not form part of the club's future (it we are to learn anything from this season). So I don't envisage that they would be pressing for promotion with any enthusiasm - after all, if you were given a project at work, the outcome of which if successful would lead to your sacking, you would be unlikely to be motivated to give it your best shot.

So as far as I am concerned we just have to give it a real go from now until May. The players have something to prove, let them do it. Staying up is unlikely now but not impossible.

1. Norwich away

2. Ipswich away

3. Foresr away

4. Derby away

5. The plastic fans will disappear.

6. Cheaper tickets and easier to get.

7. More chance of enjoying a Saturday.

But, I wouldn't bank the above yet. You only need a win and it can come together. Boxing Day could bring it.

We can still stay up. Look at all our fixture list. We have majority of the easier teams at home now. Yes we may get battered away from home still at the like of United, city, arenal but we can still beat teams like Villa, QPR, Hull, Newcastle, West Ham even Southampton. I'm much more confident we can beat anyone at home! Plus hopefully our form has turned and we can nick wins/Draws at Burnley, West Brom and Sunderland

Keep the faith!

Blind faith, I admire it, i'll give you that.

Don't think there are many positives at all mate. We deserve to be in this league and nothing less for a city of this size. Has been class to see us selling out each game, and I'd much rather see what you call 'plastics' in the ground than empty seats! And about your point regarding more wins, it was obvious from the start we weren't going to win every week, thats the premier league. We support the club to do as well as they can in the top division, not to just win in your standard championship match- take Arsenal and Everton at home this year, both were great draws and an enjoyable day for all those involved.

Hoping for many more after Christmas!

Archived