Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Tell everyone you know...we've got the worst defence in the world

Seeing people take enjoyment from our troubles almost makes more angry than the results themselves.

Gallows humour. I quite enjoy the match day threads these days. Like a band of brothers forged in the disappointment of perpetual defeat.

I don't think De Laet has done anything to suggest he is good enough.  Terrible cover mind.

The defence needs reworking, it might be good enough for the Championship but we need to build a defence and a team to compete in the Premiership.  Even if we go down this has to be the mindset 

I don't think De Laet has done anything to suggest he is good enough.  Terrible cover mind.

The defence needs reworking, it might be good enough for the Championship but we need to build a defence and a team to compete in the Premiership.  Even if we go down this has to be the mindset 

he needs to improve his positioning, he gets caught forward far too often. However, his pace gets him out of trouble and at least he can play football. Was and Konchesky instantly either look for the keeper or boot it downfield, and the opposition regain possession. If we play this way Ulloa is a must in the team. 

That defence is woeful. They can just about hold it together but we know, the oppo knows, everyone knows, that we'll gift you an absolute golden chance at least one a game. Before every game I think we need to score at least two to get a point and quite frankly that isn't going to happen. We have a team which are too good for the championship are no way near good enough for the Prem. A decent centre half, a decent full back and a decent striker are needed, none of which are likely to sign this January.

I don't get why Nige isn't playing Liam Moore. Morgan and Moore had a very good partnership last season and at the start of this season. Why Was??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The partnership fell apart after Man U and Wasyl added some strength when he came in. We're still conceding for a laugh though.

I think Wasyl has been our best CB so far. Morgan looks brain dead most of the time, shouldn't be captain. Plus our defence coach doesn't seem to know how to handle Premiership players. That actually applies to all our coaches.

That defence is woeful. They can just about hold it together but we know, the oppo knows, everyone knows, that we'll gift you an absolute golden chance at least one a game. Before every game I think we need to score at least two to get a point and quite frankly that isn't going to happen. We have a team which are too good for the championship are no way near good enough for the Prem. A decent centre half, a decent full back and a decent striker are needed, none of which are likely to sign this January.

Agreed apart from the "too good for the Championship part". Playing like this we'd be mid table at best.

The partnerships has been a crucial loss IMO. Didn't we look a better side with the Drinkwater/James or King thing? And with Nuge and Vardy?

Despite all the Cambiasso love...(still why?), I'm sure we started off better when he WASN'T in the side?

And it still remains, ironically, that we amassed our most points with Hammond playing. Or am i making that all up?

The partnerships has been a crucial loss IMO. Didn't we look a better side with the Drinkwater/James or King thing? And with Nuge and Vardy?

Despite all the Cambiasso love...(still why?), I'm sure we started off better when he WASN'T in the side?

And it still remains, ironically, that we amassed our most points with Hammond playing. Or am i making that all up?

Well, you're making the thing up about Cambiasso.

He came on at half time against Stoke when we had at that point 0 wins and were being totally outplayed.

Since that game the only one he hasn't started was Burnley at home which was arguably the most disappointing result of the lot.

Yeah we did... in the championship.

We've been woeful with Hammond in the side as well. Swansea was just about the worst performance of the year (similar to Stoke first half) and he started both of those. Ironically we improved in both when Cambiasso came on.

I think we're pissing in the wind if we are thinking Hammond or Nugent are going to elevate us. Not many people even wanted them in the squad at the start of the year.

Archived