Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

Charlie Austin - Hypothetical Transfer

We need somebody who can create something out of nothing, something special every now and then.

We simply don't create enough chances for a normal striker to do well for us. Gary Lineker would be hopeless in this team because there is never a good delivery in to the box for him to tap in!

Be cautious. Just because Austin is prolific for QPR doesn't mean he would be for us.

• It might be that he likes the system they play.

• It might be that there's a few players for them that really play to his strengths

• It might be that he loves living in London and is happy in his self.

• It might be that he's had a bit of luck and on other days he might look more average

Look at Torres, Chelsea thought "shit, this guy needs to be signed at any cost" the rest is history.

The only players that you can guarantee would be successful are your Messis, Ronaldos, Bales etc. That's why they cost so much.

Would you sign Charlie Austin for £20 million in January?

Purely hypothetical and sounds ridiculous but that's what it would likely take to get him next month. Would you support that transfer.

I would, survival is worth more.

Ignoring the fact this is ridiculous, I Can pretty much guarantee if we did he'd do his shoulder again within three games.

As well as he's doing at the moment, he simply wouldn't be worth that to us in our current setup. To a team that is creating chances, he probably would be, but he's currently averaging 3.9 shots per game, compared to that of Ulloa who averages 1.4. Perhaps if we created more chances for Ulloa, as we were doing at the start of the season, then we'd see him with a similar scoring record.

Money better spent elsewhere.

I think any of us would spend £20m on a player that would guarantee survival. Unfortunately no such player really exists so I think the risk in doing so would be too great. Let's remember, Charlie Austin is no guarantee to QPR's survival either. They are still right in the mix 2 points off safety.

Archived