Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
v6rat

10 Matches

Whether Pearson stays or not, we need to probably win 9 or 10 matches to stay up.

So lets have your predictions then where the wins are coming from.

I got to 4 and gave up.

I reckon 7 or 8 would be enough with a few draws thrown in. However, that means not losing more than 9 more matches - yeah, course!

just a win this side of new year and 5 new faces in jan could sort it out. But then again, what about the tactics? (5 new faces - yeah, course!)

I have a suspicion that we will invest quite heavily in jan but whether this will be enough to reverse the tide and give us a fighting chance remains to be seen.

I think its 8 wins we will need with a few draws thrown in.  Take out 4 games for Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal and it means we are chasing 8 wins from 17 more games to stay up.  Absolutely no chance.  

The Man Utd game was a 1 in a 100 game.  We play that game again 99 times from 3-1 down with 30 to go and we lose.  It was a total one off weird situation (albeit a good one).  Even the Stoke game was a smash a grab where we didn't play well.  No one could realistically complain if we were sat here with 0 wins this season.  So the chances of winning 8 more, none.

I think its 8 wins we will need with a few draws thrown in.  Take out 4 games for Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal and it means we are chasing 8 wins from 17 more games to stay up.  Absolutely no chance.  

The Man Utd game was a 1 in a 100 game.  We play that game again 99 times from 3-1 down with 30 to go and we lose.  It was a total one off weird situation (albeit a good one).  Even the Stoke game was a smash a grab where we didn't play well.  No one could realistically complain if we were sat here with 0 wins this season.  So the chances of winning 8 more, none.

Wow, the truth is sure painful to read ...........

Whether Pearson stays or not, we need to probably win 9 or 10 matches to stay up.

I don't think we do at all, Sunderland and Hull have only won two games, Burnley and Palace three.

We need to get a couple of wins more than them over the next part of the season and up the amount of draws we get to match theirs. So you could potentially stay up with 5 wins and an decent amount of draws.

I don't think we do at all, Sunderland and Hull have only won two games, Burnley and Palace three.

We need to get a couple of wins more than them over the next part of the season and up the amount of draws we get to match theirs. So you could potentially stay up with 5 wins and an decent amount of draws.

But 5 wins and a decent amount of draws means a low amount of losses, and we are losing every single week more or less.

QPR, Villa, Stoke, Palace, Hull, Newcastle, Southampton and even Spurs I'm confident we can win these, most probably not all of them but a lot of them. We are better at home and hopefully our luck will change.

Burnley, Sunderland , Hull and West Brom away we could steal some points too.

Then there is Arsenal, United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs away. Well I expect us to lose all of these but maybe we'll pick a point or two against these lot.

When you look at it like that 'win 10 matches' I'd say it's impossible for us to achieve and survive, for me at the moment, we are as good as relegated. I can't see us winning 1 game let alone 10. It can all change I know, but I'm not holding my breath. We need to try and get at least a win from our next 3 fixtures. Lose to Hull and that is definitely that!

You can't judge it on what's happened so far. If we are to do it we'd need a complete change of fortune. I'm sure the Newcastle fans couldn't see where the next win was coming from before they played us and I doubt many of them foresaw their charge up the table.

It can be done but will be difficult and no more or less likely with another manager or Pearson in charge

We cant do much about other than stick with the team whoever is managing it and hope  :fc:

There's no way we're going to need ten wins to survive. Don't know why people are taking this suggestion seriously.

realistically we are going to need to pick up nearly 3 times as many points in the second half of the season as we have in the first. 

We've got three massive chances with Hull, Villa and Stoke but I can't see us winning again if we set up like we have been recently with one striker up front. We won't beat Spurs, we won't beat Liverpool.

realistically we are going to need to pick up nearly 3 times as many points in the second half of the season as we have in the first. 

So we don't need ten wins then. Thank you. Picking up thirty points (not that we're likely to need that many) doesn't require us to win that amount of matches.

Six/Seven is a solid bet I think.

Archived