Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Do we miss Kasper ?

The problem is - with both our keepers - the goals we keep conceding are stupid goals on a plate that keepers have no chance with, or very well taken goals, like Downing's. Certainly Hamer has been no better or worse.

The problem is - with both our keepers - the goals we keep conceding are stupid goals on a plate that keepers have no chance with, or very well taken goals, like Downing's. Certainly Hamer has been no better or worse.

Would have said quite a few goals conceded with Schmeichel between the sticks were a result of defensive errors that he personally contributed to by not coming & collecting/punching... There's also some questionable positioning that another keeper may have done better with.

Shame our team is defending poorly, because I feel we'd be better off with Hamer, who I feel has a more rounded skill set than Kasper

Carols goal would probably of been stopped by the trademark Kasper Star fish Jump save where as Hamer was very readable in going down to his feet. Not a criticism as such the goal was utterly Koncheskys fault and the keeper is always massively second faviourate in that situation I just think Kaspers technique would of given him a better chance of stopping it. Nothing he could with Downings. Aside from that he had little but basics to do.

Putting a flip side on this Hamer love in I don't think Kasper would of done any worse than he has that's for certain.

hamer has been good but a goal like carrols yesterday was exactly the kind of time kasper saves us, it was literally identical to leeds away last season, konch playing a terrible back pass from the exact same position putting mcCormack but kasper comes out does the big starfish jump thing, saves it, we go on to win 1 nil

Carols goal would probably of been stopped by the trademark Kasper Star fish Jump save where as Hamer was very readable in going down to his feet. Not a criticism as such the goal was utterly Koncheskys fault and the keeper is always massively second faviourate in that situation I just think Kaspers technique would of given him a better chance of stopping it. Nothing he could with Downings. Aside from that he had little but basics to do.

Putting a flip side on this Hamer love in I don't think Kasper would of done any worse than he has that's for certain.

Saying he would have saved Carroll's goal is really clutching at straws. In almost 200 appearances he's only made one similar save at Leeds away last season.

He would've committed too early with a clown star jump and left an easy finish.

Archived