Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Our honesty is costing us

I've thought this for a while, and it was really, really obvious yesterday as Song would get a free kick every time he threw himself to the floor after going within a yard of any of our players - but we're simply too honest for our own good.

I'm not saying I want us to become a team of divers, as I don't agree with it, but the reality is the officiating in this league is such a mess that cheats always prosper. We don't cheat often, and therefore we're getting no real rub of the green. We're not getting decisions that others would get simply because we don't constantly throw ourselves to the floor.

In an ideal world, it would be clamped down on by the FA, but they've got far bigger issues to worry about such as Balotelli posting a tweet or Clattenburg going to see Ed Sheeran, but in the current state of the game - would you rather we stuck with our more honest approach, or became one of the others who dive, simulate but unfortunately, get more things go their way?

I've said this for a long time, I don't encourage it and I don't like it but at the end of the day people moan and cry that we get **** all from referees, well play them at their own game, other players and clubs get away with it - if we don't, get better at it.

Be dirty, go down abit easier, play the referee.

It's hard to disagree with that - far too often we've seen opposing players quite clearly cheat and dive, and get away with it. It's almost like you get punished for trying to be honest nowadays, so, if the FA are too afraid to admit their refs are incompetent and will back this nonsense to the hilt, we might as well get with the party.

With all respect, the phrase "clutching at straws" springs to mind.

There are far more things at factor than just this, but I do believe it will cost us a point or two over this season.

The FA are the problem. It's a bit of a lose/lose really.

We're not streetwise enough. Not that the team is full of angels, Vardy loves to go over easily, Knocky did yesterday as well but, on the whole, we are not very good at time-wasting, delaying, getting cheap free-kicks that other sides do.

I had an interesting conversation with a couple of Brazilian dudes and a Spanish guy when travelling about our different cultural perspectives on diving.

They argued that if the player didn't go to ground easily when touched then the ref isn't aware of the foul.T here was also the argument that hitting the deck when you anticipate a stray leg/tackle ( a la Gareth Bale ) was fair...

Therefore the OP is correct, regardless of whether you think its right or wrong.

We're not streetwise enough. Not that team is full of angels, Vardy loves to go over easily, Knocky did yesterday as well but, on the whole, we are not very good at time-wasting, delaying, getting cheap free-kicks that other sides do.

I agree.

We're not streetwise enough. Not that team is full of angels, Vardy loves to go over easily, Knocky did yesterday as well but, on the whole, we are not very good at time-wasting, delaying, getting cheap free-kicks that other sides do.

Why would we be time wasting and delaying the game when a majority of the time it's us who are losing.

Why would we be time wasting and delaying the game when a majority of the time it's us who are losing.

This has been going on for years. You see other teams' players go down with cramp and other minor injuries, breaking up play. We just don't do that and haven't done for a long time.

I had an interesting conversation with a couple of Brazilian dudes and a Spanish guy when travelling about our different cultural perspectives on diving.

They argued that if the player didn't go to ground easily when touched then the ref isn't aware of the foul.T here was also the argument that hitting the deck when you anticipate a stray leg/tackle ( a la Gareth Bale ) was fair...

Therefore the OP is correct, regardless of whether you think its right or wrong.

I agree.

That's a silly way of going about things though as it just accommodates diving.

Truth be told I think the referee is given too much responsibility. Time to make his job easier. Football does not 'thrive' on shit refereeing. It's gotten boring. Every single week referees are the centre of discussion. Do people really get more entertainment from that than they do from good football?

I've thought this for a while, and it was really, really obvious yesterday as Song would get a free kick every time he threw himself to the floor after going within a yard of any of our players - but we're simply too honest for our own good.

I'm not saying I want us to become a team of divers, as I don't agree with it, but the reality is the officiating in this league is such a mess that cheats always prosper. We don't cheat often, and therefore we're getting no real rub of the green. We're not getting decisions that others would get simply because we don't constantly throw ourselves to the floor.

In an ideal world, it would be clamped down on by the FA, but they've got far bigger issues to worry about such as Balotelli posting a tweet or Clattenburg going to see Ed Sheeran, but in the current state of the game - would you rather we stuck with our more honest approach, or became one of the others who dive, simulate but unfortunately, get more things go their way?

Isn't this the same as 'we need to be more dirty' thread?

Our honesty (and I question if we are any more honest than any other team) is NOT costing us.

Our defence, our midfield, our lack of attack, our management, our summer recruiting policy - these are some of the things that are costing us.

Please don't include Cambiasso in that.

He's 8/10 every week.

Please don't include Cambiasso in that.

He's 8/10 every week.

I absolutely am including Cambiasso in that. I keep reading how great he has been and how he would get in every team outside the top 4/6 and it's complete BS! He has been no worse than others but the only thing Cambiasso is certain of this season is finishing 1st and 2nd in the "worst miss of the season" category.

I absolutely am including Cambiasso in that. I keep reading how great he has been and how he would get in every team outside the top 4/6 and it's complete BS! He has been no worse than others but the only thing Cambiasso is certain of this season is finishing 1st and 2nd in the "worst miss of the season" category.

Careful..the FT sheep can become wolves in an instant.

:thumbup:

Wasyl escaping yellows and reds.

Knockaert constantly on the floor

Vardy constantly falling over intentionally diving.

Mahrez' weakness on the ball .. too often on the ground

Moore's faking of hand balls etc..

We're as bad as the rest, we just don't have as many attacking plays to show how dirty our lads actually are.

Archived