Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Worst ever top flight Leicester City team?

That's the funny part..although actually, quite true. Dan will be once more claiming that we are 'clearly better' than the teams around us. Or words to that effect.

Honest...it would happen..

lol

I reckon you're right Col.

QPR and my mate 'Arry will finish above us, just as I predicted before the season began.

Wot a shite stirrer I am.  :xmasbiggrin:

Right now this is worse than the year we went down under Taylor/Bassett/Adams. There's very little fight even if we play alright in parts. I'm sure there'll be a resurgence at some point from us but it could be too late, how this has happened is surprising but we've gambled by relying on this squad and it's looking a horrible gamble. The defence is simply diabolical and for that reason, Nigel should be held accountable.

No it isn't, we've been competitive in virtually every match and it's daft defending and individual mistakes that is seeing us lose games.

The Brian Little side was so woefully out of it's depth it was horrible.

That's the funny part..although actually, quite true. Dan will be once more claiming that we are 'clearly better' than the teams around us. Or words to that effect.

Honest...it would happen..

lol

Quote me saying we are 'clearly better' than sides around us. I said we had potential to be, believe it or not, I still do.

Apologies for not saying the blatantly obvious crumbling which absolutely everyone could obviously see was coming.

No it isn't, we've been competitive in virtually every match and it's daft defending and individual mistakes that is seeing us lose games.

The Brian Little side was so woefully out of it's depth it was horrible.

Time is a great healer, I look through that season and you might be right but right now it feels worse.

Time is a great healer, I look through that season and you might be right but right now it feels worse.

Yeah it does.

We were definitely worse back then though, went to Ipswich on New Years day and got beat 4-0 I think. It was embarrassing watching Jimmy Willis and Jamie Lawrence at that level.

• 2 months later...

Any idea on our lowest points tally in the top league?

We must be well on course for it...

What would you like to prove here?

Would you kindly consider taking the quality in opposition into equation, as well? I know we've been our own worst enemy a few times this season and witness to some of the most comical defending ever seen, but this is our first stint in this division in ten years and money has eaten away a lot of the equality between lower-table and upper-table teams since the Micky Adams days and even more so since O'Neill was in charge.

Would you kindly consider taking the quality in opposition into equation, as well? I know we've been our own worst enemy a few times this season and witness to some of the most comical defending ever seen, but this is our first stint in this division in ten years and money has eaten away a lot of the equality between lower-table and upper-table teams since the Micky Adams days and even more so since O'Neill was in charge.

We're talking Frank McLintock bad at the moment. The OP mentioned points and unless something changes drastically ......

why should we if nigel  hasn't, if he had, we would've bought some decent players before the season  started.

this season out of all  the ones i have followed since 1970-71 is the most i was looking forward to and the most i felt letdown by.

To me the side looks like what it is: a team whose manager hasn't properly addressed its glaring weaknesses.

We spent nearly all of our promotion budget on two centre forwards, and they've hardly played any game time together. We've not addressed our weakness at left back, or on the left wing, and we've counterbalanced our attempt to address weakness at CB by dropping our best-performing CB in the process, and playing a guy who has looked consistently out-of-sorts alongside a guy who is 36, just recovered from a long-term injury and was deemed not good enough at this level three years ago. We tried to address our weakness at RB by bringing in an equally inept right back, failed to add any steel to the centre of midfield, stuck repeatedly with formations which unlikely to deliver points and our manager hasn't once acknowledged that our performances were sub-standard.

Tonight wasn't a disgrace, though 22 shots to 6, 30% possession and a 0-2 loss should tell its own story, regardless of refereeing decisions. But 18 points from 27 is a disgrace. It's like losing 10-0 and saying that all of the goals were unlucky, or impossible to defend.

Make no mistake, after the dust has settled and we find ourselves a much-fancied Championship side again (much like we were when Pearson took over), we'll look back on this season as a calamity of errors, a catalogue of incompetence as appalling as anything in our club's lengthy top flight history.

why should we if nigel  hasn't, if he had, we would've bought some decent players before the season  started.

this season out of all  the ones i have followed since 1970-71 is the most i was looking forward to and the most i felt letdown by.

If they had been available or if the funds had been made available - in the end, it's all down to conjecture.

You can only be let down by something if your subjective expectations surpass reality.

Well that's just wrong. More sides have stayed up as a percentage in the past five years than in the five years before promotion under both of those managers. We went into this in another thread.

So, taking that into consideration, he's done an even more awful job than it initially appeared.

Pearson pushes Taylor for worst manager.

No he doesn't. Not even if we exclude Pearson's very considerable achievements at a lower level.

Taylor took a side which had finished in the top half of the table for four years running, let go of many of its better players (Collymore, Lennon, Guppy), made a loss of well over twenty million in transfers (a huge amount for that era), broke our record for consecutive defeats, our record for biggest opening-day defeat, for our record signing, for our record net spend (inflation factored in) and it led, within two years, to our club very nearly ceasing to exist (with a player he signed trying to issue the winding-up order). We have Gary Lineker and, to a lesser but also very significant extent, Emile Heskey to thank for our survival.

Some of the Pearson supporters tend to forget this final point. There's no need for his critics to forget the first one.

taylor is definitely the worst no doubt about it.

took a great  squad dismantled it and put us in admin with his ineptitude.

the mclintock  season  was terrible not the least becasue he had very little coaching experience, it was an emotional  appointment and a big letdown after the bloomfield years.

as bad as nigel has been this season he's streets ahead (or behind however you look at it) of those two.

Archived