Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Doing 'The Double' Over Man U?

The Double?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Will we do the double over Man U?

A couple of weeks before the season started, I prematurely started a man.u pre-match thread.

I called them by our childhood "nicknames" we had for them.

Man spew. Man poo. And of course Man screw.

This thread was removed, still not sure if it was for the prematurity or the immaturity...

Anyway I also had the audacity to say that I was backing us to do the double over them.

20 pound on at 33-1 I had.

I was slated, now I know we've still got a massive hurdle to overcome but really, does anyone fear going Old Trafford?

The most successful team of our generation is now under new management, and everything that teams feared about going there has gone.

Not one shot on target against Southampton.

Without a doubt they have the individuals to annihilate us, but there's no cohesion. They may of improved at the back since playing us but so have we.

If we play with the same passion and commitment as we did in September, we just might do it.

Also, I despise them.

I disagree. Rooney is a world class player, he controls the game from a deeper role. Di Maria has been one of the best players in the world, MOTM in the championship league final. Mata is a good player too, always finds space in the box. RVP has declined but he is still capable of causing severe damage. Then you've got Carrick, who is so underrated it's ridiculous.

Wouldn't bother mate, he's got this chip on his shoulder about Rooney. Yes he's had his dips in form and he's not always reached his potential for England but I despair with anyone who can't admit he's world class.

Wouldn't bother mate, he's got this chip on his shoulder about Rooney. Yes he's had his dips in form and he's not always reached his potential for England but I despair with anyone who can't admit he's world class.

lol its not even Rooney as a person. Hes quite impressed me since being made Captain. However, it speaks volumes about him not reaching his potential when we now talk about him as an attacking midfielder and play maker

lol its not even Rooney as a person. Hes quite impressed me since being made Captain. However, it speaks volumes about him not reaching his potential when we now talk about him as an attacking midfielder and play maker

His statistics speak for himself, regardless of where he plays he contributes. Yes, he hasn't reached the potential he showed as a young player, but he is a world class player. His best position is still as a striker, but for United he plays deeper to accommodate Van Persie. Van Persie isn't versatile enough to play that role. For England he plays deeper for the same reason with the lack of options in midfield. He has a lot to his game and is the complete player imo. Shame he didn't reach the levels of ronaldo as he once promised, because England could well have benefited

Why not?

Only thing I fear is the officials.

Man U still have that shocking defence so they have resorted to playing a slow paced midfield possession game similar to the way Villa play (although admittedly a bit better), it's stopped them conceding but also seriously limited their attacking threat so they aren't thumping many teams.

If we carry on with our recent defensive form then there's no reason we won't get a result, Southampton have the best defence in the league, but also it showed Man U lack creativity as they barely had a shot on target.

Said prior to the season starting I wanted to see us win at one of the big grounds. Anfield was special earlier in the month, we were unlucky not to win and I'm pleased to see us get something there but a win at Old Trafford would be brilliant though I cannot see it happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived