Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Lies, damned lies and Jamie Vardy's inability to pass

Hmmm should we really be pointing the finger at Kevin Phillips?

After all he is the strikers coach for the club, maybe he isn't doing enough on practising their finishing technique.

Or maybe they are just dog shite, if it's neither of them then let's blame the tea lady she's not been blamed yet

Areas to strengthen? How we could approach games better? Positives?!

Surely suggesting an area to strengthen is pretty much the same as saying someone isn't good enough isn't it? If I were to say I think we ought to strengthen at left back, would I not indirectly be saying Konchesky isn't good enough?

Oh good another " this player is shit thread " just what the forum was missing.

Are fans of other clubs like this when there team is struggling or are leicedter fans worse cuz **** me this place is unbearable when we lose.

Don't think the word shit has been used that much - just not good enough for this league

Who was offering 5m for him ????

Some players were given 4 year contracts at beginning of season , nearly all have been exposed as NOT being premiership players

Who ever dished out those contracts needs sacking !!!!

If only ffs

We're bottom of the league and have just turned in an absolutely shite performance at home.

I show vocal support for Leicester at 95% of games home and away - I am firmly a supporter of this club and it doesn't mean I have to come onto a forum and pretend that I'm happy with everything. Does that not totally defeat the object of a forum if everyone just pretends to be happy all the time?

Areas to strengthen? How we could approach games better? Positives?!

We could strengthen the attack by not playing Vardy. We could approach games better by using a forward who can pass the ball and a positive would be that we've been offered 5 million for a striker with one goal.

We could strengthen the attack by not playing Vardy. We could approach games better by using a forward who can pass the ball and a positive would be that we've been offered 5 million for a striker with one goal.

Such a simplistic view of the game it hurts. He made very few passes and we lose = he's shit. What would any striker have done playing on the shoulder of the back four, with no support in front and around him? We try and play to his strengths (pace) and we didn't get him in dangerous positions. Hardly 100% his fault!

Is he a prem standard striker? Probably not. Is anyone in our squad, bar Mahrez? Probably not. Better to focus on how we can maximise the sum of our parts rather than slate individuals all the time!!

Such a simplistic view of the game it hurts. He made very few passes and we lose = he's shit. What would any striker have done playing on the shoulder of the back four, with no support in front and around him? We try and play to his strengths (pace) and we didn't get him in dangerous positions. Hardly 100% his fault!

Is he a prem standard striker? Probably not. Is anyone in our squad, bar Mahrez? Probably not. Better to focus on how we can maximise the sum of our parts rather than slate individuals all the time!!

He has made the fewest passes of all our forwards. His passing accuracy is the lowest of all our forwards. Only Chris Wood has attempted fewer shots per game of all our forwards. To most rational people this would suggest that the responsibility lies with Vardy and not his team mates.

Who was offering 5m for him ????

Some players were given 4 year contracts at beginning of season , nearly all have been exposed as NOT being premiership players

Who ever dished out those contracts needs sacking !!!!

He already has been; Terry Robinson.

Of all the players given new deals in the summer, has any of them played well this season?

RDL - 4 years - No.

Vardy - 4 years - No.

Drinkwater - 4 years - No.

Nugent - 2 years - No.

James - 4 years - Inconsistent.

Morgan - 3 years - Inconsistent.

Schmeichel - 4 years - Inconsistent.

Moore - 4 years - Inconsistent.

Maybe players did only care about money and new deals afterall.

He has made the fewest passes of all our forwards. His passing accuracy is the lowest of all our forwards. Only Chris Wood has attempted fewer shots per game of all our forwards. To most rational people this would suggest that the responsibility lies with Vardy and not his team mates.

It points to the simple fact that we as a team are not putting the ball in the right places for Vardy to engineer a shot.

12 passes according to fourfourtwo stats. Not really his job to maximise the amount of passes he makes anyway, his job is to hassle and use his pace and he did do that although ultimately to no avail. He's a limited player who can be useful in some situations, what do you expect from him when he's in a team that provide zero service?

Vards and nuge run thier hearts out for this club, your club.

Why do people pick on individual players? We were beaten by a better team.

What baffled me was bringing lawrence on and albrighton not starting though.

Thank you. Don't be annoyed at me though. You used the wrong state, don't have a go at me for pointing that out.

I believe I used a stat which showed how infrequently he passes the ball, this is indicative of a player who is either unwilling, unaware or unable to pass - all three conclusions reflect an inability in the player. The pass completion stat is one which reflects the success rate of the attempted passes, this is varies from position to position as defenders often (with the notable exception of Simpson) boast as higher pass completion rate as they usually have easier passes to make.

It seems every man and his dog know what our strikers strengths are apart from the people on the pitch

Kevin Phillips before the game stated that the idea of playing Nugent and Vardy was for us to get the ball on the deck and To pass and move

So why was it we never played to them strengths and instead hit the ball long, in the time Nugent and Vardy was on the pitch we hit 14 balls to their head to which they won a total of 2 which is not unsurprising against a team like Stoke

Then when we bring ulloa on in the 20 mins he was on the pitch we played the large majority of passes to his feet as we only hit 2 balls to his head

I feel like Vardy has been told to hang on the shoulder of the last defender and run in behind at every opportunity, but he didn't have anything to run on to yesterday.

We were still playing the ball out wide with nobody to cross into or hitting it long hoping the defence would miss it. The one clear cut chance we created was king playing Schlupp in behind the centre backs who picked out a pass rather than tried to cross.

When Vardy actually plays with his back to goal he set up Nugent against liverpool and nearly repeated the trick against Stoke.

Vardy is looking out of his depth but we could help the lad by not just pumping aimless balls forward.

You're both wrong.

We showed far more quality last week against Villa. This isn't about individuals or the squad not being being good enough.

What we saw yesterday was a team who didn't really want to be out there and scrap for every ball.

I've said Nugent is consistently under performing and as a fan i am allowed to criticise that. how is that 'wrong'?

I don't blame Nugent or Vardy for Saturday really. We constantly lumped long balls at both of them for the majority of the game. Wasileski and Simpson were the worst offenders. They also got no support from the lightweight King and very poor Drinkwater. Vardy put himself about and was very unlucky that the ball didn't drop for him when he caught the Stoke defender and goalkeeper by surprise with his pace and interception.

We played even more long ball when they went off. Can anyone remember the last time sticking Wes Morgan up front and banging long ball after long ball into the opposition box got us a goal?

Me neither

Whats happened? Why is he suddenly so poo? Is it confidence? He should have been beeming after United? Is he just crap? Can we utilise him on a wing?

PS. Starting this thread due to the number of David Nugent is sh*t threads and if I'm honest, I'd say thanks to his link up play David Nugent offers a lot more to the team than Vardy.

Archived