Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Lies, damned lies and Jamie Vardy's inability to pass

He's not poo - just simply not good enough in the league which has now been proven.

However Pearson persists with him as he's one of his boys, sentiment will be LCFC downfall I'm afraid.

Nugent does offer something better and personally would rather see Nugent linking up with Ulloa and Kramaric.

If rumours are true and someone has offered £5m then get rid, however looks like Pearson is setting us up for Championship now especially with all the 4 year contracts being handed out to mediocre championship playes.

The season has been a complete joke

Dickov22, on 19 Jan 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

I thought he was much better against Stoke than he has been in recent weeks. Maybe he's improving.

I know that you, like me, are a big Vardy fan, but I have to say I thought he was anonymous. Didn't even do much of that galvanising closing down that tends to lift both the crowd and the team. Sadly he's simply devoid of confidence, and it feels almost cruel to play him now.

So so disappointed as I really thought his pace would cause even Premiership defenders real problems. I was wrong.

He nicked the ball a couple of times, including once from the keeper where with a bit of luck he would have been able to roll it into an empty net. Ultimately he's a limited player who can be useful in some situations but we're finding those situations quite uncommon the in premier league, where defenses are simply better than they are in the lower leagues.

He's not poo - just simply not good enough in the league which has now been proven.

However Pearson persists with him as he's one of his boys, sentiment will be LCFC downfall I'm afraid.

Nugent does offer something better and personally would rather see Nugent linking up with Ulloa and Kramaric.

If rumours are true and someone has offered £5m then get rid, however looks like Pearson is setting us up for Championship now especially with all the 4 year contracts being handed out to mediocre championship playes.

The season has been a complete joke

Are your other 54 posts complete bull as well? This sentiment rubbish has been disproved considering each of our striking options have played their equal parts in the season. Pearson got it wrong Saturday but it wasn't sentiment. I'd say we're prepared for all eventualitys, if we stay up I think you'll find a number of players will become second choice to incoming transfers, and if we go down then we have he core of a squad ready to mount a serious challenge at coming back up. This season has been far from a joke, it's pretty much as expected, we were always in for a tough season, those promoted teams who have flourished in the prem over performed, their was nothing to suggest that would ever be us. Unfortunately for many fans its brought them back down to earth, they don't like it, still sold on the big club dream.

I thought he was much better against Stoke than he has been in recent weeks. Maybe he's improving.

Seriously? Apart from the villa sub appearance that was probably he worst game so far. He was terrible to be honest, should have come off at half time. Barely ran at defenders or closed down as much as he used to, barely touched the ball most of the game which is obviously partly down to poor service But ulloa and kramaric probably had more touches than him, he was stationary in the box when we actually managed to get the ball wide.

Really low on confidence and definitely shouldn't be starting games unless others are injured. Also I absolutely love vardy as well, just being realistic

It does make me laugh when people are quick to write someone off, especially when the people doing it probably did the same when he first made the step up to the championship. I'll be waiting to see a bit more of him before making the decision if he can hack it or not.

I don't blame Nugent or Vardy for Saturday really. We constantly lumped long balls at both of them for the majority of the game. Wasileski and Simpson were the worst offenders. They also got no support from the lightweight King and very poor Drinkwater. Vardy put himself about and was very unlucky that the ball didn't drop for him when he caught the Stoke defender and goalkeeper by surprise with his pace and interception.

We played even more long ball when they went off. Can anyone remember the last time sticking Wes Morgan up front and banging long ball after long ball into the opposition box got us a goal?

Me neither

It would have been some point last season, drinkwater v Watford or schmeichel/wood v Yeovil spring to mind

It does make me laugh when people are quick to write someone off, especially when the people doing it probably did the same when he first made the step up to the championship. I'll be waiting to see a bit more of him before making the decision if he can hack it or not.

That's fair enough but we're starting to run out of time to find out.

His first touch is suspect and I don't understand why he doesn't use his pace in a more intelligent manner. His first instinct seems to be to turn into his man and consequnetly he loses the ball. He rarely seems to try knocking the ball past the defender on the outside and trying to beat him for pace.Hhe's not technically good enough to dribble past players  but in a simple foot race he may do ok.

Whats happened? Why is he suddenly so poo? Is it confidence? He should have been beeming after United? Is he just crap? Can we utilise him on a wing?

PS. Starting this thread due to the number of David Nugent is sh*t threads and if I'm honest, I'd say thanks to his link up play David Nugent offers a lot more to the team than Vardy.

All the Man U fans who were saying 'Trust us. He'll never have a performance like that again. That's how it always is against us.' were performing ancient rituals whilst posting them

I know that you, like me, are a big Vardy fan, but I have to say I thought he was anonymous. Didn't even do much of that galvanising closing down that tends to lift both the crowd and the team. Sadly he's simply devoid of confidence, and it feels almost cruel to play him now.

So so disappointed as I really thought his pace would cause even Premiership defenders real problems. I was wrong.

He did do the closing down that we like him for; he almost got a goal from it when he got the ball infront of Begovic. Just his luck that the ball bounced behind him, not at his feet. He's not been as bad as people suggest but of course he needs to score more goals and I don't think Pearson can or indeed will carry on giving him chances. I wouldn't write him off though, I still think he's got it in him to do well. He was terrible against Villa and Newcastle but I thought against Stoke he showed signs of improvement on those two games.

Its not Vardy that's the issue, its having to play king. What's he trying to do, practice at becoming a referee or something. All he does is follow the ball up and down his own half. Good in league one, okay in the champ, fvcking useless in the prem.

THIS. Jogged around between their players hardly ever attempting make to tackle. Absolutely no appetite for a battle or having the ball. We needed the whole team to be proactive, and I would suggest we missed Jaymo in this respect. He at least gets himself involved - wirra birra passion!

That's fair enough but we're starting to run out of time to find out.

His first touch is suspect and I don't understand why he doesn't use his pace in a more intelligent manner. His first instinct seems to be to turn into his man and consequnetly he loses the ball. He rarely seems to try knocking the ball past the defender on the outside and trying to beat him for pace.Hhe's not technically good enough to dribble past players but in a simple foot race he may do ok.

And this.

I don't think anyone's writing him off (well, not of those who can write in complete sentences). He's done OK this season.

It's just that it's fairly clear that Ulloa is a better option. 

The complaint is that Pearson dropped a striker who's scored 7 in 22 in favour of a guy who's scored 1 in 19.

It makes literally no sense.

I don't think anyone's writing him off (well, not of those who can write in complete sentences). He's done OK this season.

It's just that it's fairly clear that Ulloa is a better option. 

The complaint is that Pearson dropped a striker who's scored 7 in 22 in favour of a guy who's scored 1 in 19.

It makes literally no sense.

It does make sense in a roundabout way Kevin phillips stated to foxes player before the game the game plan was to get the ball on the deck and to pass and move around them Pearson obviously thought ulloa wasn't up to that task

It does make sense in a roundabout way Kevin phillips stated to foxes player before the game the game plan was to get the ball on the deck and to pass and move around them Pearson obviously thought ulloa wasn't up to that task

If the game-plan is to play it on the deck then you’d have thought we wouldn’t choose to be out-numbered in midfield.

With 442 you concede numerical advantage in midfield, but gain it at Centre Back and up front. So, the idea is that you bypass the midfield, and hoof it to a big man up front. Burnley have had limited success doing this with 6ft 1 Ashley Barnes up front alongside Danny Ings.

If we’ve going to play 442 then OK. But it’s never going to work pumping balls up to a slightly build 5ft 10 striker.

If the game-plan is to play it on the deck then you’d have thought we wouldn’t choose to be out-numbered in midfield.

With 442 you concede numerical advantage in midfield, but gain it at Centre Back and up front. So, the idea is that you bypass the midfield, and hoof it to a big man up front. Burnley have had limited success doing this with 6ft 1 Ashley Barnes up front alongside Danny Ings.

If we’ve going to play 442 then OK. But it’s never going to work pumping balls up to a slightly build 5ft 10 striker.

That's not the idea of 442 at all. Its premise is to play the two wide men in.

That's not the idea of 442 at all. Its premise is to play the two wide men in.

Well, the ‘premise’ of having any wide player in your side is to ‘play him in’ – what’s that got to do with the formation? It’s the same with 451.

Anyway. So our idea is to play the wide men in. Fair enough. But then what? Cross it in for 5 ft 10 Vardy and 5 ft 9 Nugent to out-jump 6ft 4 Stoke defender Philipp Wollscheid and power the header home?

Any other brilliant ideas?

I believe I used a stat which showed how infrequently he passes the ball, this is indicative of a player who is either unwilling, unaware or unable to pass - all three conclusions reflect an inability in the player. The pass completion stat is one which reflects the success rate of the attempted passes, this is varies from position to position as defenders often (with the notable exception of Simpson) boast as higher pass completion rate as they usually have easier passes to make.

Or a player who doesn't get the ball enough to make any decent amount of passes. How many touches did he have?

Archived